What is your favorite fancy coffee drink?

Options

Replies

• missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @missippibelle how does the cocoa butter taste? I read some people suggest using that in a low carb white mocha recipe. If the xylitol has explosive results I'll have to seek a plan B haha
    I have really enjoyed it. It's GOOD. this brand came in wafer form too, so it is easy to measure out and use. I have used it every day since I got it.

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Wild-Single-Origin-Unrefined-Non-Deodorized/dp/B013VVXEK2
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @missippibelle how does the cocoa butter taste? I read some people suggest using that in a low carb white mocha recipe. If the xylitol has explosive results I'll have to seek a plan B haha
    I have really enjoyed it. It's GOOD. this brand came in wafer form too, so it is easy to measure out and use. I have used it every day since I got it.

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Wild-Single-Origin-Unrefined-Non-Deodorized/dp/B013VVXEK2

That's the exact one I was looking at. I'll go ahead and add it on to my next order! :) Thanks for the review!

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Usually if I'm eating keto I'll go with a brewed coffee with SF syrup (I'll ask what they have that day and pick what I'm in the mood for) and cream. If I'm going with something with milk, I might do a SF mocha or SF caramel latte made with whole milk.
  • ProteinMilkshakeBar
    Options
    My favorite coffee drink is season is this Holiday Spiced Mocha Shake :p. It's got protein powder in there so it's my breakfast & morning coffee in 1. Posting the recipe & macros for you!

50swh13ffjm7.jpg

Nutrition Info

23g Protein • 6g Carbs • 4g Fat • 149 Calories • Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 3

What you'll need:

• 1 scoop Protein Milkshake Vanilla Caramel Protein Powder

• 1 cup nut milk

• 3 tablespoons brewed mocha

• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

• 1/8 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)

• 1/8 teaspoon clove (optional)

Blend with warm or cold milk and enjoy!
  • VKetoV
    VKetoV Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Chameleon cold brew...it's organic & concentrated coffee concentrate. I prefer not to dilute it though (lol)

Hot coffee is too freakin' hard to down/enjoy
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Chocolate-Sparrows-Naturally-Sweetened-Stevia/dp/B008K7K89I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481746951&sr=8-1&keywords=5+sparrows+sugar+free+white+chocolate

I tried this last night. It's good. Not as "fake" tasting as I feared. I mixed it into my espresso shots and topped it with Fairlife reduced carb steamed milk. I added peppermint stevia to replicate my favorite Starbucks drink and it was a nice sub. I mean you wouldn't mistake the two in a taste test but it'll do. lol. I stuck with the 1 TB serving size and had no GI distress from the xylitol.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I just impulse-bought this after reading this post! Of course I had to buy the big bag, because you get 4 times as much for only double the price :blush: Can't wait to try this in my coffee!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've taken to making my own "skinny mint" mochas, mostly because drinking calories annoys me, and screw coffee shop prices, especially when they want to upcharge for sugar-free variations.

16 oz. dark coffee
    8 oz. unsweetened cashew milk
    2 tbsp. (32g) Hershey's sugar free syrup
    4 tbsp. Torani sugar-free Peppermint syrup

I dump it all in a big glass measuring cup and hit it with an immersion blender, just as I would do for BPC. Replacing the cashew milk with HWC would probably work fine for those who don't mind the kcals.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Wild-Single-Origin-Unrefined-Non-Deodorized/dp/B013VVXEK2[/quote]

I just impulse-bought this after reading this post! Of course I had to buy the big bag, because you get 4 times as much for only double the price :blush: Can't wait to try this in my coffee! [/quote]

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm almost finished with my bag. Off to buy more!

• kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Where do you get small batches of raw coffee beans @kimberlyb6682 ? I'd love to try roasting my own beans!
    Burmancoffee.com or sweetmarias.com When I first started roasting I used an old bread maker and a heat gun. now I have a behmor roaster
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just checked the almond milk and coconut milk of the starbucks here only to see that they have a lot of added sugar so went with heavy cream-- was prb a calorie bomb, but no sugar. I wish they had sugar free coconut and almond milk.
    I'll get a cappuccino occasionally as they don't have too much milk in them. And I rarely have a Starbucks accessible, but I did get a coconut milk sugar free caramel latte a couple months ago, but I definitely wouldn't make that a habit, it was a one off treat, a very yummy treat :smiley:

• grafixfrh
    grafixfrh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Black coffee lol
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If I make coffee at home, I do a bulletproof coffee. But if I'm out and about, Starbucks cold brew is my go-to. When I'm feeling fancy, I get an iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and heavy cream.
    Can't do hot black coffee just yet.
  • solska
    Options
    I remember learning about all different syrup flavors after reading this thread... i only used hazelnut and caramel. And peppermint at starbucks. I've been eyeing them but they are kinda pricey. Yet, there is an amazing sale on this one!!!!!! http://amzn.to/2iqJRUC
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ok mine are totally not low carb so I only drink black coffee...but when I was a S.A.D. eater I loved a white chocolate mocha and a s'mores mocha....yum in a cup. I could probably have them low carb but I don't do well with artificial sugars.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually do my coffee plain (black and bitter like my soul - hahaha).

If I'm feeling a bit of a sweet tooth I will have a latte made with coconut milk carbs are 11small, 15med, 18large (starbucks) and for me those are sometimes worth it. Thus far I haven't had any issues with the coconut milk triggering me to crave more carbs, which is nice.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I like to put a couple tablespoons of full-fat Mascarpone into a cooling tower sized mug, nuke for 20 seconds, then stir in cold-brewed espresso, then liquid stevia and vanilla extract (without added sugar!) to taste.

Soooo yummy it makes your tonsils tingle even if you don't have any!
  • solska
    Options
    @RalfLott I'm going to have to get Mascarpone to try that now!
    I love mocha and if I'm not in a rush definitely take the time to make it. I was just mentioning this in another forum, I tried a lot of cocoa, but only like this one in my mocha http://amzn.to/2iS4kQ4. I blend organic sumatra coffee, two tablespoons of mct oil or one tbsp grassfed butter and one tbsp mct oil, a little bit of cinnamon, and vanilla or hazelnut syrup (this one's my favorite http://amzn.to/2jGD478 and this way I don't get powder sweetener carbs). Really yummy. Sometimes I add a dash of salt.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @solskaI, I picked up a tip from someone here to spike the SF vanilla syrup with extra vanilla, which works great if you love vanilla.

(I've since decided to use only stevia and erythritol as sweeteners, so I use SF vanilla extract + liquid stevia blend. Yum!)
  • solska
    Options
    @RalfLott thanks! I should try that. I might end up pouring less of the syrup as I do like the flavor, I don't like things too sweet. I tried a couple of syrups made with stevia but wasn't thrilled and just realized actually that it wasn't just stevia they had but that's how they advertise.

I was using stevia drops as sweetener and once I started using the syrups, so much easier! And I figured they don't have the carbs like the powder ones. I make muffins, desserts etc. with these syrups now, too. And I've only recently discovered erythritol. Made awesome blondies and macaroons with them. Whatever I make with it tastes so much better warmed up.