What is your favorite fancy coffee drink?

Options
13»

Replies

• solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I must add, I think it comes down a lot to brewing method and coffee quality. This is my favorite and when I'm out and I get coffee elsewhere etc. I feel the difference... http://amzn.to/2iuBJCM . I get it from TJ usually, surprised Amazon has it. I either do pour over coffee, or make Turkish coffee and strain the grounds. Clean up is easier than French press, espresso etc. although those are also superior methods.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    solska wrote: »
    @RalfLott thanks! I should try that. I might end up pouring less of the syrup as I do like the flavor, I don't like things too sweet. I tried a couple of syrups made with stevia but wasn't thrilled and just realized actually that it wasn't just stevia they had but that's how they advertise.

I was using stevia drops as sweetener and once I started using the syrups, so much easier! And I figured they don't have the carbs like the powder ones. I make muffins, desserts etc. with these syrups now, too. And I've only recently discovered erythritol. Made awesome blondies and macaroons with them. Whatever I make with it tastes so much better warmed up.

Aha! The liquid (little green bottle - nicely portable) is easier than the carb-spiked powder packets anyhow - a quick squirt and you're done.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I like to put a couple tablespoons of full-fat Mascarpone into a cooling tower sized mug, nuke for 20 seconds, then stir in cold-brewed espresso, then liquid stevia and vanilla extract (without added sugar!) to taste.

Soooo yummy it makes your tonsils tingle even if you don't have any!

Finally found some mascarpone this weekend.....Yummy with just a touch of unsweetened cocoa.....Almost like the mochas I used to enjoy....So creamy....that's what I loved about it.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling fancy I put whipping cream in my milk frother. Stir some in to the coffee and put the rest in top (2 tbsp if I split with my hubby, 4 if I use the whole batch). Then sprinkle cinnamon & nutmeg on top, just a dash. No sweeteners.
  • ShanBanKrup
    ShanBanKrup Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I used to love just getting flavored coffee grounds and drinking that plain but there are hidden calories and carbs in those I think. I decided earlier this week to get regular coffee grounds and some vanilla butter nut extract and add a few drops to my cup in the morning. It actually tastes really good just like that without creamer or sweeteners, and no cals or extra carbs!