Options
13»

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    sun_cat wrote: »
    Hi all! Been away for a while ...literally. We've been on vacation, but headed back in two days so I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. Will check in when I'm back home.

We were away on vacation also. I'm getting back on track too.

Happy New Year! Welcome back!
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's our second day back home and back to work, and our vacation already seems like a distant memory. Fasting wasn't too difficult, we slept in most days, so if I didn't eat breakfast, no one seemed to notice. Dinners were so much larger than I'm used to, even one meal a day was easy to achieve. The only difficult days were travel days, and on those days I didn't bother - 23 hour days and long(ish) flights are tough enough :)

The scale shows me up 2 pounds exactly from my last weight before we left. I'm not too bothered by it, since some of it is likely a consequence of travel itself which will settle in a few days, and what doesn't doesn't stand a chance once I get back in a fasting routine.

I'm starting with 14 hour fasts again until the jet lag resolves, and then increasing until I get the results I want. I'm determined to leave at least 20 pounds behind in 2017.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    sun_cat wrote: »
    It's our second day back home and back to work, and our vacation already seems like a distant memory. Fasting wasn't too difficult, we slept in most days, so if I didn't eat breakfast, no one seemed to notice. Dinners were so much larger than I'm used to, even one meal a day was easy to achieve. The only difficult days were travel days, and on those days I didn't bother - 23 hour days and long(ish) flights are tough enough :)

The scale shows me up 2 pounds exactly from my last weight before we left. I'm not too bothered by it, since some of it is likely a consequence of travel itself which will settle in a few days, and what doesn't doesn't stand a chance once I get back in a fasting routine.

I'm starting with 14 hour fasts again until the jet lag resolves, and then increasing until I get the results I want. I'm determined to leave at least 20 pounds behind in 2017.

Sounds like you have a plan! 2-lbs over the holidays isn't that much.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great dedication!
  • sun_cat
    Options
    Thanks. No, it really isn't much at all. Normally I don't gain over the holiday season, but this year we were traveling, and between all the family and special events, four days of plane travel, and being in a new country we likely wouldn't return to, I feel like I did alright. One of those pounds is already gone.

It's been a messed up week for me. I was very ill yesterday. Feeling better today, but no where near 100% yet. I know I'll get back to normal eventually, but it feels so far away right now.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I was sick the last two days also but feeling better today. Hope your well soon!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I was sick the last two days also but feeling better today. Hope your well soon!

Feel better soon!!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wow, how exciting! And such a good mind set, to focus on getting there eventually and not needing everything to be perfect and demanding results right now. Yet you got results anyway!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Way to go!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Nice going getting right back on track and losing so quickly before it got established. Nice turnaround!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your good progress.
  • sun_cat
    Options
    Thanks you all :). It's amazing how success breeds success. I know it won't last, but it sure feels good while it does.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Best feeling in the world :) when I'm stuck I get less and less motivated but when I see a little loss I feel so encouraged!
    Also, when I read about YOUR succssses I feel more motivated too! :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Congrats on the great loss!!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great job!