Logging food - yes/no/sometimes

2»

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I have not logged my food in a long time ....still losing so I am doing something right :p
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    macchiatto wrote: »
    With my amazing powers of self-deception ("There, that looks like a half-cup to me" she said as she struggled to lift the mixing bowl) I would never have lost the weight without weighing, measuring and logging. In the past 18 months of maintenance, I have set myself a "top weight" and if I reach that I weigh/measure/log until I'm back in the middle of my acceptable weight range. With sufficient practice, I don't get up in the danger zone very often but it's good to have a plan in place for when it inevitably occurs.

How big is your acceptable range? I think mine might be too small (3 lbs). I'm still working on doing maintenance well long-term. ;)

My range is (by a coincidence) also three pounds. I'm just barely five feet tall and have no real bones to speak of. A seven pound weight gain means my clothes don't fit any more, so I have to be pretty strict with myself.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Only log breakfast and anything with a barcode. Never weigh meat etc
  • allie2girlz
    allie2girlz Posts: 42 Member
    I logged religiously for 6months while losing weight. I stopped logging when I thought I hit maintenance and lost an additional 5 pounds. I recently started logging again because we started a MFP group at work. It is crazy to see how what I eat hits spot on with my maintenance calories/macros. I just stop eating when I am full, most days I am under calories by 50-100. I am now just logging so people in my group can see what I eat to lose/maintain weight.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    It works. I hate doing it and it takes away from my will and puts me in a "dieting" mindset. Part of the issue is that if I'm doing it I feel like it needs to be perfect. But I know it works very well so I gotta figure it out. I wish MFP logging was a bit more intuitive and using it was a bit less of a hassle.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2017
    kammy92 wrote: »
    I log my coffee and vitamins in the morning but a lot of the recipes I have been using are from dietdoctor and they don't give all the nutritional info so I don't log it......... :neutral:

@kammy92 - I have noticed if you hover over the pie chart symbol on DietDoctor.com recipes (when I'm using PC, not mobile), it shows you the breakdown of macros, like so:

edfzbpadjcxz.png