KETO - favorite foods/meals/recipes?

Options
Hello everybody! I'm new to this group. I have been doing a keto diet for 8 days. Have lost 5.3lbs so far. I am in need of some new food and meal ideas!

I have been eating broccoli, greens, olives, cheese, ham, eggs, bacon, salads with cheese and ranch (no croutons)

I keep my intake ration 70%fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs.

Does anybody have any other keto foods that you eat? I'm getting really burnt out on the above foods. I would love to hear your favorite meals, snacks and recipes.

Thanks!!

Replies

• RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do you like sea food i.e. Prawns with a mayo sauce, tinned fish, slow cooked meats. Mushrooms fried in butter and stir in some full fat Philadelphia cheese and chilli pepper....
  • Lottie19v
    Lottie19v Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower,
    Courgetti,
    Aubergine mash
    I make an amazing courgette salad- courgetti, Cherry tomatoes, black olives, mint and olive oil

I find it's easy to eat my proteins but play round with my veggies a lot to keep the diet interesting! Hope that helps xx
  • tierrafuego
    tierrafuego Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eggplant parmesan: slice eggplant, salt and let wait. Drench in egg and then in parmesan to coat. Fry in olive oil or coconut oil. Then top with ground beef/tomato/basil sauce and a piece of provolone or mozarella and bake for 20-30 min. Delicious!

Keto wings and celery with blue cheese or ranch dip (tons of great recipes for this on the web)

Cream of brocolli or cream of cauliflower soup or chicken tortilla soup (minus the tortillas).

My fav new snack is Whisps--crunchy parmesan crackers (just parmesan, nothing else) they sell at Costco. Great for dips, in soups or to add crunch to salads.
  • mclements6275
    mclements6275 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! This all sounds great! I'm going to make a trip to the grocery store and try these for some meal prepping.
  • cherishduke
    cherishduke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has tons of awesome food for super cheap.. Rice Cauliflower. Shredded Cabbage, Riced Broccoli, and the list goes on and on.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I love searching pinterest.com for low carb keto recipes...I am in love with the ham and cheese stromboli
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Our Sunday meal, 5 ingredients.

Green prawns
    Zucchini noodles or thick grated
    Green curry paste
    Small tin of coconut cream (don't use light cream or coconut milk it'll be too watery).
    Some vegeta stock powder to taste.

I throw the whole lot in a non-stick pot with a lid, stir it to mix the curry paste and coconut cream through, cover, cook on low/medium heat for 10 minutes or so (until the zucchini is cooked).

Tastes amazing and my non-keto hubby loves it (in fact he decided Sunday night was prawns night).
  • brekober
    brekober Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For lunch I've been doing ground beef seasoned with fajita seasoning, sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce and it's delicious! It keeps me full for hours!
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Nom Nom Paleo's Cracklin Chicken is one of my FAVOURITES! My whole family loves it, even my picky eater!
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Devilled eggs - I take the hard boiled eggs yolks and mash them wither tinned salmon, smoked salmon or smoked ham and some parsley + mayo and put them back in the whites cavity - on a bed of green salad leaves. One of my favourite meals.
  • chloetuesday
    chloetuesday Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love keto, been doing it for a few months, but I'm pescatarian (lacto-ovo vegetarian + fish). Food diversity is lacking greatly. Other than Pinterest, has anyone found other sources for ideas?
  • webbsark
    webbsark Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As a variation of fathead pizza I tried a bloggers cheese head pizza and it was super. Can link if you like
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    There isn't a limit, really, to meals you can have/create... the limit only exists in your mind

I sometimes get VERY bored w/sick of eggs, but I fry them in butter and/or bacon fat, and also smother them in cheese, salsa or hot sauce, top with mushrooms, spinach, sausage, etc., since sometimes their flavor bugs me every so often, plus I love having more excuses to smother stuff in bacon fat, butter, cheese, and hot sauce!

I think people forget there are so many combinations of foods, flavors, types of dishes you can make that can be your new favorite things! Here are a few of my fave places to look, when I am seeking inspiration, which is rare, but even happens sometimes, to all of us :)

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes - One of the first sites I ever was on for keto recipes, wonderful support and has a TON of supportive advice, good articles, reader success stories, and if you don't already know the Diet Doctor himself, Andreas Eenfeldt--he's a very funny, charming, and smart guy from Sweden - check out this video. PS - Hover over the pie chart symbol on the recipe photos to get the macros/serving sizes (on computer, I don't use it on mobile, not sure how that works on that site)

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/recipes/ - I got my smoked sausage with fried cabbage (one of my mainstays) idea from her. She's got some good recipes

http://ketoconnect.net/ (Cute couple in PA run this site, they are young and have been doing keto just a short while, but they have it down pat, and have great YouTube videos--a lot of their stuff seems basic but they make it very easy to follow AND they are very engaged with their audience, replying to comments, taking feedback for say, a request to make a vid that shows how to make such and such dish)

http://www.edify.net.au/low_carb_recipes_list.php - I just found this today. The lunch and dinner ideas look really good

http://www.ruled.me/ - One of my early favorites for a variety of REALLY good food - Craig and Laura have especially one of the biggest low carb desserts recipe archives that I've seen. Nice photos and lots and lots of support/responses to comments.

I also have a lchf cooking collection here, I'm currently working on a recipe book due to popular demand/requests from folks who follow it.

Hope that helps!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I love keto, been doing it for a few months, but I'm pescatarian (lacto-ovo vegetarian + fish). Food diversity is lacking greatly. Other than Pinterest, has anyone found other sources for ideas?

There are dozens of recipe sites listed in the launch pad. I'm sure there are some which you would find appealing. For instance, http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html is one of the first listed. It breaks the recipes down into entrees, sides, etc. Under entrees, there is both a vegetarian category and a seafood category.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I lived off of pizza dogs for the first few weeks, I sliced a chicken hot dog or two down the middle and open them up then put pepperoni slices on top and mozza cheese! So delicious, full of fat and keeps me satisfied for hours!

Edited to say I bake them or broil them :smiley:
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Hi there fellow pescatarian! Been eating keto for nearly 6 months and also loving it. My favourite recipe at the moment is (non GM) tofu chopped into pieces (baked in coconut oil & tamari until crispy) then stir fried with a bunch of greens and tossed in homemade satay sauce. Satay sauce is just made from a peanut butter, coconut cream/milk, chilli, garlic & ginger concoction and can last for months in fridge. Salmon fried with bunch of greens is another regular for me, i eat lots of greens! Breakfast is protein powder smoothie with cacao powder, coconut milk, flax and peanut butter. That fills me up until late afternoon/dinner. I love choc mousse and strawberries for dessert, just made with heavy cream, coco powder and stevia, but its calorific so I can only eat a little. Salad with quartered boiled eggs and avocado is also great if I do eat lunch, also with walnuts. Can't really offer specific sites for pescatarian keto-ers, I just trawl the net and adjust recipes accordingly. Good luck and happy to give more detailed recipes if interested, just ask! :)