Cari's online journal

Options
123457»

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    It's been a month since I made it here. Been on MFP, just haven't made it here. I've been out of work since December 7th, off till Feb 13th. My depression is a little less then it was. I still cry in the mornings, but on Prozac now and started taking at night, so hopefully it helps the "morning blues" I'm experiencing. I'd rather have the "evening blues" if anything, it will help me get back to work, which I miss right now.

I started a new program which I designed specifically for me on Jan 2nd. I'm eating much more whole non processed foods now. I'm trying to keep calories under 1900 per day, with a 80/20 rule of whole non processed foods. I find smaller quantities of the real thing is better then more of the processed foods. I eat less and crave less.

I didn't reset my weight from 2016, but am keeping track of it on my calendar. In my first week back I lost 7.8 lbs. I'm weighing in daily to keep track of fluctuations, but only updating my weight tracker here on Mondays. I also joined a gym that has everything I wanted. I went today and feel really good about being back in the gym. (hoping it too helps with the depression). The gym I joined has a pool, weight and cardio machines along with classes. It's a very nice fit for what I was looking for. Especially the year round pool.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    So glad to see a post from you Cari and I'm glad to hear things are getting better. Hopefully the medicine starts working for you so you can feel better and get back to work! It sounds like you have a good plan in place and that's great news about the gym!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks Kayla. I've been off work and missed being here to post. I created a closed group called "A Safe place to share" for those of us not just on a journey of weight loss but getting things out that aren't weight related also.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    You're welcome! I hope the group helps you. Is the group on here?
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Yes it is Kayla.... Thank you!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    That's awesome☺