Inspire Protein Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @Jamieeldred - you can heat up the premier protein shakes?? I may have to try these!!!
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Apparently you can heat Premier Protein ready-to-drink shakes! There are a few recipes on their website this peppermint mocha calls for the chocolate one and uses the microwave premierprotein.com/recipes/high-protein-peppermint-mocha
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 and @Robin628 Yes you can heat premier protein shakes. They are my favorite so far.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tried a lot of different brands and flavors of protein shakes trying to find a "better" quality protein than Premier (I had a hard time believing a reasonably-priced protein drink available at Walmart, Costco, etc. could be the best one out there). There is a company called Nashua Nutrition that will let you order samples online of pretty much every protein they sell. Unfortunately, I find most of the alternatives to Premier too sweet and/or fake tasting. To be honest, I am not a fan of the taste of Stevia and I think that is what most of the low calorie/low carb protein shakes use. I soon realized that it doesn't matter how great the quality of protein is if I hate the taste and never drink it! So Premier it is. However, have never tried Inspire so I am tempted to give it a whirl since it has so many rave reviews here.

For unflavored protein that I can add to coffee, yogurt, soup, & other savory foods (and I suppose bake with, I haven't tried yet), I like the Musclegen Research - Genepro Medical Grade Protein powder. https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6OSDYA/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A2EKMG4E97Z4GH&th=1 I like it because
    • the taste is undetectable for the most part (when I can detect it I don't mind it, like creamer/powdered milk)
    • it dissolves well into warm liquid (you still need to experiment, add slowly or temper it)
    • 1 serving/scoop is tiny, just 1 tablespoon. This was great post surgery when I could only consume 4 oz of liquid or yogurt at one time. With some of these powdered proteins the scoop is HUGE and equal to a 1/4 cup! Who wants to stir that much powder into less than 4 oz of anything?
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Robin628 wrote: »
    For unflavored protein that I can add to coffee, yogurt, soup, & other savory foods (and I suppose bake with, I haven't tried yet), I like the Musclegen Research - Genepro Medical Grade Protein powder. https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6OSDYA/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A2EKMG4E97Z4GH&th=1 I like it because
    • the taste is undetectable for the most part (when I can detect it I don't mind it, like creamer/powdered milk)
    • it dissolves well into warm liquid (you still need to experiment, add slowly or temper it)
    • 1 serving/scoop is tiny, just 1 tablespoon. This was great post surgery when I could only consume 4 oz of liquid or yogurt at one time. With some of these powdered proteins the scoop is HUGE and equal to a 1/4 cup! Who wants to stir that much powder into less than 4 oz of anything?

I'd just be careful with the Genepro claims. One TBS is about 15 grams. How do you get 30 grams into 15 grams? Also, if you read their label carefully, it claims their protein is absorbed 3x better than other protein. Meaning, it is actually 10 grams of protein, but they claim it will absorb more like other proteins 30 grams. WHAT? MATH? CONVOLUTED? Not bashing their product at all, just their claims. It is a protein I would use, but not depend on.
  • Lihain1
    Lihain1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried a ZILLION(Including Jay Robb, Synthax, many others) and was getting samples from a place that served many different kinds, but still keep coming back to INSPIRE! I love them...BUT they can be a little rich so I put 1 1/2 cups almond milk instead of 1 cup. I LOVE to take the unflavored and mix it with fresh pineapple, ginger and turmeric root, raw sweet potato and some monk fruit sweetener and it's helped inflammation. I LOVE Chocolate Covered Cherry, Blueberry Cheesecake and Strawberry Cheesecake, mixing in frozen berries with all. I really like the Dark Chocolate Cake and the Caramel latte and Cafe Bella but that one is a little light. I'm ordering the NEW flavors, Hawaiian pineapple late and TIKI fruit so we'll see but am anxious to try the peanut butter cup and cookie one. I've had "bad" for so long and super healthy but am lazy and these are like dessert. A friend of mine lost 100 lbs using these 2ce a day and she drives a truck so she could not exercise after her surgery. I've not found good plant based ones yet, still a little acidic tasting...this company and others.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Let me know what you think of the new flavors. Love their shakes but hate their lack of return policy