BASIC INSTRUCTIONS ON MFP USE

Options
ChelaRocks
ChelaRocks Posts: 17 Member
I think a basic tutorial for some of the things that we are all used to doing on CC would be nice. I know that there are the help buttons and we could most likely search them out here. But, sometimes we would just like a friendly hand holding and a nice pat on the back. So, feel free to add instructions or things that you have discovered here. Please make sure to note if they are DESKTOP or MOBILE APP instructions, since there is a difference.

Replies

• YellowIris1975
    YellowIris1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!! You are like our wonderful Oracle on an unknown path...... Xxx
  • eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eee Gads!!!!
  • ChelaRocks
    Options
    Nice shoes!!!! So far, per MFP, there is no option for adding pictures to the news feed via desktop. However, per Gabi, they said they were working on it. Pretty easy with the phone app.
  • Moshimum01
    Moshimum01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shoes for the "Snappy" dresser!
  • ChelaRocks
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Instructions for changing notifications - mobile app

Tap the upper left corner (menu)
    Tap SETTINGS
    Tap on SHARING and PRIVACY
    Tap on NEWS FEED SHARING
    Turn off or on
    Click back arrow to return to the menu.

Again.... (see message above) The notices that you send to your news feed appears on the news feed of all your friends.
  • deangleason
    deangleason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So pictures from mobile app only?
  • ChelaRocks
    Options
    Pictures from mobile app only, at this time, from what I heard from Gabi... she has secret inside sources that say they are working on it.... but it just may be FAKE NEWS.
  • RRalphycc
    RRalphycc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think I added mine from a mobile app.
  • kfeuerherm
    kfeuerherm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very helpful, thanks. Simple solution for the one problem, is to banish anyone who burps :) (But we have to wait for Ed to get on here before we can banish him :wink: --don't worry he and I like to poke each other once in a while)
  • Pastabest
    Pastabest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My brain hurts.
  • TestingStill4Me
    TestingStill4Me Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow this will take me some time to take in all the options - thanks very useful indeed :)
  • msf11eleven
    msf11eleven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI...11eleven on CC now msf11eleven on this site. First day using MFP. Kind of strange getting the hang of it but I'm sure it will get easier. Peace Love Happiness
  • TardisBarb
    TardisBarb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you sweet one for all the instructions, it's a life saver and I don't have to shoot myself in the head. LoL :p
  • gplowther
    gplowther Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there's a way to see who you've sent friends requests out to as well as the ones coming in - dropped a few people friends requests but getting a bit out of step now!!

Also ChelaRocks - thanks for the pointers above, extremely useful. A lot of settings available - it's all just becoming a blur at the moment on the choices we have for notifications etc.
  • Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not sure gplowther - maybe online? I use app mostly ... I had a problem at start where I lost people !
  • earthsitter
    earthsitter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the tips.

I seem to be having trouble adding some exercise. My running/walking syncs automatically from my Garmin so that's cool.
    Tonight though, I did a circuit session at club and wanted to add it.
    When I click on the 'add exercise' option, then search nothing comes up.
    If I search in the 'Database' tab I can find what I want and tell MFP how long I've been doing it for etc, but I can't see how to add that information to my exercise diary.
    I am probably missing something obvious.