Starbucks now has low(er) carb eggy deliciousness without bread!?

Options
DianaElena76
DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
I know it's shameful, but I'm addicted to Starbucks. Since going LCHF, I've only purchased Moon Cheese to eat there (and boiled eggs, one time, but they tasted weird, so I gave up). This morning I got an email about these Sous Vide Egg Bites. Oh my! The Bacon and Gruyere one has 9g carbs, 19g protein, and 22g fat per serving. Has anyone tried them yet?

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/hot-breakfast/sous-vide-egg-bites-bacon-gruyere?foodZone=9999

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    I just got the email too...finally another option besides a McMuffin without the Muffin for breakfast :)
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I tried them last week because I had a gift card. They're tasty, but small and expensive! My order was $9.50 with the bites and an almond milk latte. But great as an option while out, I suppose.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I tried them last week because I had a gift card. They're tasty, but small and expensive! My order was $9.50 with the bites and an almond milk latte. But great as an option while out, I suppose.

That's what I was afraid of. I generally just order coffee or an Americano from Starbucks, at about $3 a visit. How many bites do you get? Are they about the size of mini muffins? I'm going to have to try this, but I've been trying to limit my Starbucks visits recently in the interest of my budget....
  • Cadori
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

That's what I was afraid of. I generally just order coffee or an Americano from Starbucks, at about $3 a visit. How many bites do you get? Are they about the size of mini muffins? I'm going to have to try this, but I've been trying to limit my Starbucks visits recently in the interest of my budget....

You get two small bites that are about the size of a mini muffin.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Starbucks is tough. However, I finally came up with a low-carb option for "Cheap Calories & Wake up!"

Quad shot of espresso = $3
    In a trenta cup with ice = free
    Topped w heavy cream = free
    Splash of liquid stevia from glove box = $.20
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    There's a reason why Starbucks' last name is "Bucks." It's been more than 15 years since I was in one and that was as the guest of my stepdaughter who wanted to treat her father, her brother and me using the $15 gift card she had gotten at Christmas. Dad and I got plain old coffee and the other two didn't get anything particularly fancy that I remember. Yowsa, we made a fool out of THAT gift card. I think Dear Old Dad had to chip in for the tip.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm excited just thinking about low carb starbucks!!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    If Starbucks would go low-carb Coffee 'n Booze, @CoffeeNBooze, that would really be exciting!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yes! I seen those protein bites last week.. excited to try them but expensive. My as well as get a sandwich and ditch the bread lol More bang for your buck lol
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I tried the Sous Vide Egg Bites: Egg White & Red Pepper with a gift card I received. You get 2 about the size of a small muffin like someone else mentioned here. It was... ok? I mean as far as choices go at Starbucks it was an ok one? Like eating a super hot boiled egg with cheese melted inside it while trying to drive just got a lot easier. I should have gone with the one that had bacon.
  • Cadori
    Options
    I tried the Sous Vide Egg Bites: Egg White & Red Pepper with a gift card I received. You get 2 about the size of a small muffin like someone else mentioned here. It was... ok? I mean as far as choices go at Starbucks it was an ok one? Like eating a super hot boiled egg with cheese melted inside it while trying to drive just got a lot easier. I should have gone with the one that had bacon.

:lol: Pretty much! I heard egg white and vegetables and thought "Naaaahhhh...let's go with bacon!" Sounds like it was the tastier choice.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    If Starbucks would go low-carb Coffee 'n Booze, @CoffeeNBooze, that would really be exciting!

Is this close enough? https://news.starbucks.com/news/starbucks-evenings-stores
  • RalfLott
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @neohdiver -

Well, it would have been, but when I went excitedly prospecting for a Starbucks Evenings joint within a few hundred miles of the hinterlands where I live, I found this sad report:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/retailwire/2017/01/18/starbucks-knows-how-to-fail-fast-just-like-amazon

What's a wino to do?
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    STARBUCKS is pretty good at accommodating us, I'm able to get Kerry Gold & HWC at my nearby SB.