20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I was feeling a little off today but made myself get my daily 500 burn by walking 4 miles on the treadmill.
    Had my first NSV today! I got into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear comfortably since July or August. Not only did I get them on they fit! I tried these same pants on the start of the year and there was no way I was zipping or buttoning them. Hooray! #hardworkpaydoff
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiffany!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    rachel5576 wrote: »
    I was feeling a little off today but made myself get my daily 500 burn by walking 4 miles on the treadmill.
    Had my first NSV today! I got into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear comfortably since July or August. Not only did I get them on they fit! I tried these same pants on the start of the year and there was no way I was zipping or buttoning them. Hooray! #hardworkpaydoff

Way to go Rachel. Let that be some motivation for keep it up your good hard work!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    rachel5576 wrote: »
    Welcome Tiffany!

Thank you! And congrats on your NSV! I have quite a few pairs of pants I have tried on in the last few weeks that I can't get up over my butt - let alone button! Can't wait to see that kind of progress! :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Tiffany- I'm glad that you were able to get into this group!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X7X 30

Since I have the respiratory flu I feel horrible! My hubby wanted to give me a treat and brought me a chocolate frosted donut. So, I had to do at least a little exercise to burn those calories!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My turn for misfire Today was one of those... From start to finish. Too much. Barely ate decently. Did not hit protein or weights or even yoga. No excuses, just facts. Just hitting the bed ASAP. If I'm lucky I'll lift some in my dreams.

Welcome Tiffany!
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Tiffany- I'm glad that you were able to get into this group!

Thanks @fanncy0626 :)

And thank you @klove808 :)

Yesterday I completed 1 set of a modified version of workout A to make up for missing Monday's workout.

Monday 1/16's Workout (Completed Tuesday 1/17)

BW Glute Bridge 1 x 20
    One Arm Row (with large paper towel roll) 1 x 12
    BW Squat 1 x 20
    Sink Pushups 1 x 12
    BW One Leg Deadlift 1 x 10
    Sidelying Clam 1 x 15
    Sidelying Abduction 1 x 15
    Plank 1 x 30s.
    Side Knee Plank 1 x 20s.
    Donkey Kicks 1 x 10
    Reverse Lunges 1 x 10
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 3 Workout: 2

Deadlifts 93 lb 4× 6

Shoulder Press 38 lb 4 × 6

Inverted Rows 4 X 6 reps (slot 5 from top of rack)

I don't always post it here but I take walk everyday at work. Last week I was aiming for 240 calories but now I take a walk in the morning and in the afternoon for a total of 360 calories before workday ends. Also, I don't post it but I am now doing a very easy 45 minutes to 1 hour on elliptical on non lift days during the week. I'm a total nerd about this this time around as I have a very detailed spreadsheet for creating my desired calorie deficit.

So, I did not lose anything last week. Yet, I am excited that my weight today is the same as last week. I'm excited because today is the first day of mother nature which I normally show a gain of 2 to 4 lbs. So just maybe I've lost and will see the results once cycle is complete. Sorry if it's TMI but I need to convince myself that what I am doing is working even though no proof on the scale yet and of course I'm bloated. I hate the way I look in my clothes right now. Nothing fits -- a struggle every morning to find something to wear to work. I'm just venting so don't take me too literal. :smile:

Go team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • tiffanylacourse
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Week: 3 Workout: 2

Deadlifts 93 lb 4× 6

Shoulder Press 38 lb 4 × 6

Inverted Rows 4 X 6 reps (slot 5 from top of rack)

I don't always post it here but I take walk everyday at work. Last week I was aiming for 240 calories but now I take a walk in the morning and in the afternoon for a total of 360 calories before workday ends. Also, I don't post it but I am now doing a very easy 45 minutes to 1 hour on elliptical on non lift days during the week. I'm a total nerd about this this time around as I have a very detailed spreadsheet for creating my desired calorie deficit.

So, I did not lose anything last week. Yet, I am excited that my weight today is the same as last week. I'm excited because today is the first day of mother nature which I normally show a gain of 2 to 4 lbs. So just maybe I've lost and will see the results once cycle is complete. Sorry if it's TMI but I need to convince myself that what I am doing is working even though no proof on the scale yet and of course I'm bloated. I hate the way I look in my clothes right now. Nothing fits -- a struggle every morning to find something to wear to work. I'm just venting so don't take me too literal. :smile:

Go team Finish_No_Matter_What

I'm a total spreadsheet nerd too. I have a spreadsheet that tracks my weight and graphs it, tracks my measurements and graphs it, tracks my TDEE, and one that tracks weekly changes and one that tracks monthly changes. LOL - as well as my workout spreadsheets... It's insane. lol :lol:

Also, I just got over my TOM and finally back to losing. Hoping to be at at least 175 or less by Sunday.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Tiffany, I think you might have me beat with the spreadsheet. LOL! But I don't know as I just finished adding conditionally formulas that change the color of the cells based on fat loss results each week. I'm pulling for you to reach that 175.
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Tiffany, I think you might have me beat with the spreadsheet. LOL! But I don't know as I just finished adding conditionally formulas that change the color of the cells based on fat loss results each week. I'm pulling for you to reach that 175.

Yeah - I'm a little spreadsheet crazy. :lol: Thank you - I'm sure you're going to have a loss as well. Aunt Flo is always messing things up for a week or so. :wink:
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Back up to working weights today. Also had a pleasant little chat with another SL user whom I've seen there on several occasions. We pretty regularly use the squat rack around the same time so when I saw him come up I just told him I had 2 set left, and we chatted about the program for a min while I was resting. He also noted and complimented my increase in the weights I'm using, which is always nice. I'm a sucker for positive reinforcement so I really appreciate when someone compliments me in any way!

Squats 2x5 at 95 for warmup, 5x5 @ 112ish
    OHP (seated) 4x5 @ 50, 1x4 @ 50 and failed the last rep. Womp womp.
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 115. Was supposed to be 110 but I didn't feel like farting around with multiple smaller plates so I just threw the 35s on. It was still doable, so I'm not worried.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You guys!! I *know* I shouldnt weigh everyday..that was even one of the things I was going to chill out on, but...I'm down .4# today and I also just started my TOM! #amazed! Hoping for a big drop in my official weigh in on Monday.

Got a workout in this morning-setting up for a homeshow this weekend. Lots of lugging and carrying of heavy things. Hoping to get 2 structured SL workouts in before the end of the week, but my husband is off work and its hard to get anything done with him around... ;)
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    You guys!! I *know* I shouldnt weigh everyday..that was even one of the things I was going to chill out on, but...I'm down .4# today and I also just started my TOM! #amazed! Hoping for a big drop in my official weigh in on Monday.

Got a workout in this morning-setting up for a homeshow this weekend. Lots of lugging and carrying of heavy things. Hoping to get 2 structured SL workouts in before the end of the week, but my husband is off work and its hard to get anything done with him around... ;)

A loss at the during TOM is always good. Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Way to go!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    You guys!! I *know* I shouldnt weigh everyday..that was even one of the things I was going to chill out on, but...I'm down .4# today and I also just started my TOM! #amazed!

Kirstie, I weigh every single day. I love learning how my body reacts to different foods, TOM, etc so that I know not to freak out when the scale temporarily goes up. Also, I take the average and count that as my weight for the week since we are constantly fluctuating. But eventually, I want to be able to maintain and not weigh everyday.

In my opinion, it's only a problem if it completely changes how one feels in a negative way thus resulting in negative choices for that person. So I personally think you're fine. :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options
    I also weigh daily. As long as the overall trend is downwards, I'm good. :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I also weigh every day. I noticed that if I don't that's when I gain weight. I also know that weight fluctuates so it doesn't bother me to go up as long as it does generally go down. And besides, I really do know when it is going to go up! Usually too much salt or donuts!

Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X 5X70
    BR-1X5 80, 5X 5X85

For now this is all I am going to do for today. Unless I feel a lot better later tonight. I still have the respiratory flu.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Fanncy, please don't push too hard too soon. Your body needs enough energy to get rid of the illness. We can't chance jeopardizing the health of our Kettlebell Queen. :) Feel better soon!