Paleo and Macronutrients

Options
m_flugels
m_flugels Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Interested to know what percentages people put against carbs, fats and protein on the macronutrients screen? As it would be quite different to the default.

Replies

• kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    15% carbs; 50% protein; 35% fat
  • m_flugels
    m_flugels Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask are you doing 50% protein to build muscle? Or is that something you've come to based on your own experiences? My fat and protein are the opposite to yours (protein 15, fat 65 though its always there about give or take 20ish).
  • kaylangrandorff
    Options
    m_flugels wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask are you doing 50% protein to build muscle? Or is that something you've come to based on your own experiences? My fat and protein are the opposite to yours (protein 15, fat 65 though its always there about give or take 20ish).

It is 50% because I do not eat enough protein. It is a way for me to eat more protein based meals and less fillers and sugars.
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    .8g per 1kg which is 2.2 pounds. I do a high fat/medium protien/low carb thing. The only thing I messure is my carb intake and I keep it anywhere between 50g and 150g.
  • MakingItHappen2017
    Options
    Hi there. Just started my Paleo lifestyle 1 week ago. Never new we could adjust carbs, fat ect Currently 100kg @5'3. No idea what I should set that too for weight loss. Wanting to loose at least 30kg in total but trying to loose 6kg by end of March. Any advice appreciated
  • kaylangrandorff
    Options
    Hi there. Just started my Paleo lifestyle 1 week ago. Never new we could adjust carbs, fat ect Currently 100kg @5'3. No idea what I should set that too for weight loss. Wanting to loose at least 30kg in total but trying to loose 6kg by end of March. Any advice appreciated

You still need carbs in your life, good carbs. Set your proteins at 50%, fats 30%, carbs 20%. Makesure you are doing some sort of exercise min 2 times per week for at least 30 min to burn body fat. If you eat healthy fats and lean meats, your body will burn body fat I stead of storing it. That is my suggestetion as a Personal Trainer.