My new favorite thing

Options
2»

Replies

• rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Suppose to go to the Olive Garden tonight. .dear lord.. Stuffed Mushrooms and Salad is my dinner ..
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    rinigirl76 wrote: »
    Suppose to go to the Olive Garden tonight. .dear lord.. Stuffed Mushrooms and Salad is my dinner ..

@rinigirl76 - I seem to remember the Alfredo sauce being decent on macros. You should be able to get sauteed veggies to put it on... And if you're willing to increase your carbs just a tiny bit, like 10-15 extra, you should be able to add half a dozen or more options. The grilled chicken (like on alfredo) can be order ala carte - or you can order the chicken alfredo and ask to substitute sauteed veggies for noodles. You can call the restaurant ahead of time and ask the manager, but you should be able to do that pretty easily... I'm trying to remember what other ways I made it lower carb. Be careful on the salad, I seem to remember that eating a lot of it stacked the carbs up faster - maybe because I don't like olives and such?
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted to crunch, crispy, salty carbs like potato chips, especially while watching TV. Pork rinds are my new best friend. :smile:
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is deviled eggs with garlic and horseradish. Previously deviled eggs were more of a special occasion food, but I have found that when I am busy they are the perfect quick snack or meal, so I've been making about 2 doz a week. I have also discovered the I love them with a bit of a bite!

We love deviled eggs, too. I should make a bunch of them like you do to have on hand. My favorite way is to make them with Primal Kitchen's Chipotle Lime Mayo (I get it from Thrive Market online). So good! But I also love horseradish and garlic so I will have to try that!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Julene64 wrote: »
    I used to be addicted to crunch, crispy, salty carbs like potato chips, especially while watching TV. Pork rinds are my new best friend. :smile:

ME TOO! <3 pork rinds
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I'm not dead yet.... feeling a little better... I think I'll go for a walk.... I feel happy!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I am doing awesome!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    And despite my pic about sarcasm, I am not being sarcastic.
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm doing fine, but my appetite returned with a vengeance. I'm wondering if the "low carb" tortillas I had earlier this week kicked me out of ketosis.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    I'm doing fine, but my appetite returned with a vengeance. I'm wondering if the "low carb" tortillas I had earlier this week kicked me out of ketosis.

I had to stop using those because they seemed to correspond to increased hunger for me too. I don't though no they actually stopped ketosis but the wheat in them is just something I need to avoid. Hunger control can still be achieved without being in ketosis. It's more about what stimulates hunger hormones or mental cravings.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I started my day with BPC and a couple of slices of bacon today and I feel great. I didn't like coffee before but when you add butter, hwc and coconut oil it tastes great. I'll be full for hours and have a nice 'kick' from the caffeine.

Last night I cooked up some chicken sausages in bacon fat then pulled them out of the pan and put my steamed green beans in the pan, added a tbsp of salted butter and tossed them for a minute or two. Hubby raved about how good the beans were. Any time I can add bacon fat or butter to something I am happy.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Parm Crisps by Kitchen Table Bakers. Found these yesterday at Sam's Club: made entirely from Parmesan cheese, 18 grams of crisps = less than 1 gram carb (take that for what it's worth), 9 grams protein, GST free, gluten free, antiobiotic free.

http://www.kitchentablebakers.com/

I make my own parmesan cheese crisps in the oven. Freshly made they're better than these commercial crisps but they don't stay "crisp" for every long. Recently I made them for company four hours in advance to go with a salad and by dinner time they were somewhat rubbery. They're also finicky to make, going from done to incinerated in about 30 seconds.

At $9.72 for a 9.50 ounce package (less $2 on special) Parm Crisps are not going to be a pantry staple but they make a nice change, especially when you're longing for something with a crunch factor to it and you've already exceeded your yearly allowance of nuts.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Prior to starting Keto, about 3 nights a week my boyfriend and I would go to the ice cream shop that he lives above. This became one of our favorite things to do. We would get our double scoop waffle cones and watch all of the people walking along south Broadway in Denver.

Obviously we had to find an alternative to this as double scoop waffle cones are not an option for me. So last night we decided to try out this tea place around the corner. And it was awesome! I had the lemon lavender loose leaf tea in a kettle. It was so relaxing! And instead of just sitting and people watching, we decided to jump on the Pokemon train and ended up walking 2 miles. Definitely much better than our double scoop nights! And it was cheaper too!

What are some of your new favorite things/rituals now that you are doing this WOE?

I don't have any new favorite things or rituals but I just found this thread and have to say "Thank You!"