January Chit Chat Board

Options
violet456
violet456 Posts: 674 Member
Happy (late) new year ladies and gents.

Just created a board for people to have open chats in. Venting, daily struggles, and victories.

Replies

• violet456
    Options
    I hope to get more on track this week. I am asking work that I be reimbursed groceries, in stead of partaking in lunches provided. I was on the fence, but as the lunch menu just came in to order I think I should as it is PIZZA. Personals from a lovely place, but not healthy. At least I did bring raw veggies to add to my lunch.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not unhealthy, just high calorie so must not be eaten regularly....raw veggies are a good addition!
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Pizza is a battle! I love it so much. I could easily eat a whole pizza (which is why I'm here!!! :neutral: )

My family had pizza last night, so I made myself something Italian to not feel totally left out. A quick spiralized zucchini 'pasta' with chicken breast mixed through a quick tomato sauce with heaps of herbs, olives and a few anchovies. Honestly: didn't feel like I was missing out. Pizza flavours in the sauce (without the cals) tricked my brain I think.

Edit: can't abide a typo.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I seen a recipie not that long ago for a cauliflower pizza crust, i imagine fhat would cut a lot of the calories.... It would be worth a try i bet.
  • violet456
    Options
    Thanks for the boost. I ended up ordering the Mexi Salad, in a clear bowl instead of a bread one, which had lots of different veggies, black beans, some corn, good chicken, and then as a fun some crushed taco chips. A good trade. Today I found out I have been granted lunch reimbursement, so I can get cash value for bringing my lunches, to the budgeted max which is nice. So today I get left overs from a very healthy dinner my wife made. A turkey, spinach, feta loaf, on a pita, with a low fat taziki, and extra veggies with some Asian dressing as dip.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    That is awesome that they will do that, I do not think many employers would!
  • violet456
    Options
    Film industry, they keep you happy with FOOD. Its a temptation feast. Catered lunches, and a kitchen of snacks. (Some healthy, a lot not).

The money in lieu is a bigger temptation to provide my own healthy lunches rather than the catered stuff that only sometimes is healthy.
  • HLaR79
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hope you find all that motivation violet!!!!

I finally had movement on my scale today after a month. Down 0.3 lbs but its so good to see it go someplace. I am so close to hitting the 290 mark.... I can taste it.

I met one of my nsv this past month too, i can once again fit in the booths at the restaurants i go to. It is very motivating. My next big goal is to get my sodium amounts under control.... They are very high.

Tomorrow i am starting a workshop called Craving Change, it is all about emotional eating.
  • violet456
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

I finally had movement on my scale today after a month. Down 0.3 lbs but its so good to see it go someplace. I am so close to hitting the 290 mark.... I can taste it.

I met one of my nsv this past month too, i can once again fit in the booths at the restaurants i go to. It is very motivating. My next big goal is to get my sodium amounts under control.... They are very high.

Tomorrow i am starting a workshop called Craving Change, it is all about emotional eating.

Way to go. Great work.
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    violet456 wrote: »
    Film industry, they keep you happy with FOOD. Its a temptation feast. Catered lunches, and a kitchen of snacks. (Some healthy, a lot not).

The money in lieu is a bigger temptation to provide my own healthy lunches rather than the catered stuff that only sometimes is healthy.

High-5! Film industry brat over here too. The food temptations are REAL. I had back to back breakfast meetings this morning and it was a literal feast of waffles and sausage and eggs allllllll around me in both meetings. I sipped green tea like a noob, having had my protein shake on the way.

It's great that you can finagle money in lieu, well done!
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

Oh my gosh! That's amazing! I can't imagine how great that must feel - booths man, they are my mortal enemy!

Well done chica, you're killing it!
  • violet456
    Options
    It took much convincing, but I made it to the gym last night. Did a 30 minute walk averaging 2.7 Mph except during cool down, and the program had many different inclines which was interesting. Then I did some arm weight exercises, then walked the track a few times (small track of about .2 miles. Everything in my being wanted to just curl up on the couch and watch TV. We were going to cancel my membership, due to lack of use and get a treadmill set up, upstairs, but we didn't cancel in time this month, so I am going to try and make a big effort to go. Let see how it goes. This is big talk now, but lets see if I can go 6 nights this week.

MissBecca: Great work on resisting film breakfasts. (I'm an office worker, so don't get the breakfasts often, but LOVE the breakfast burritos which are about a million calories as they use heavy cream, sour cream, bacon cheese, etc).

Happy Thursday everyone. Almost the weekend.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Violet I know the feeling. I have to convince myself a lot to get up and go to the gym. You can do 6 days this week I know it
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    On Tuesday my trainer bumped up my level to 'advanced' on the program that creates my workouts and yesterday my whole body ached yesterday. Last night I went for my aquafit class and the heater in the pool was broken! It was so cold, like swimming outside without the sun!
    It was a tabata class so was not too cold during, but had to get out right away during the cool down as I was freezing. I did not think I was ever going to warm up again, I sat in the sauna forever!
    I did notice my muscles were not as sore afterwards though.

I did not make it to the gym today, but will make it tomorrow for sure.
  • HLaR79
    edited January 2017
    Options
    MissBecca: great choice in skipping all the treats.....
    Violet: sounds like you found some serious motivation at the gym. It always feels so good afterwards i am not sure why we try and talk ourselves out of it.
    Italian: i can feel the ache... Cold water does not sound fun at all

Started the craving change class last night.... Went home ate a second supper... Logged it in my snacks but it really was a whole meal. Overall my weight is still down this week... I need to be far more careful this weekend though and i am going to try and get some extra time in at the gym this weekend. I wamt to start an auquafit class i shoukd get motivated to look into that.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I don't ever try and talk myself out of going, I actually love the gym. I just am so busy sometimes it is a struggle to get there.
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    I had a bit of a NSV that some of you other 300+ers might understand.
    So normally if I'm on my feet for any more than half an hour my lower back is in agony. I noticed this the most always when cooking dinner (and properly cooking dinner, not just slapping stuff together/reheating).
    Tonight I had a bunch of people around with various dietary requirements, so I was on my feet cooking away for over 90 minutes. My back didn't hurt AT ALL. Like not even a twinge.
    It's alarming really, the strain my weight was putting on my body. The old me would've had to sit down a couple of times while stuff simmered or cooked on its own... but there I was.
    A weird thing to be proud of, but I am!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    You should be proud... And it is motivation to do more on your feet because you know it wont hurt as badly....
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with motivation right now. I started at 376 and have gotten down to 353...but the 350s just keep me. I've been cycling up and down. I know i just need to buckle down harder...stop letting stress jump in for control. But its a lot easier said than down.

Started fresh after a week off today. Got up at 4:30 to get to the gym. Now to shower and get going to work...
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Wtg Shaducky... Sometimes our bodies just need a reasonable break or a small change in routine.... Hope your week off helped.