Fat bombs

Options
Boymom8134
Boymom8134 Posts: 10 Member
Hello! I'm new here lol I'm looking for some simple go-to recipes for fat bombs. I Pinterested a few but not really diggin the results ;)

Replies

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of most AF's and don't usually "need" fat bombs as part of usual daily intake. An occasional treat I do enjoy though is a 50/50 combination of peanut butter and cream cheese, press and chill in small molds or ice cube tray... melt >80% chocolate and coconut oil... put thin layer on top of each PB mixture and re- chill.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ what is nutritionally void about nuts, coconut, butter, cream cheese, coconut oil? Those are the primary ingredients of most fat bombs I've seen. Plus a couple drops of stevia.
    My favorite fat bomb is bacon.
    ;)
    Seriously though, I can't have them in my life. Too much like candy or dessert and mostly a nutritionally void food.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @Sunny_Bunny_ what is nutritionally void about nuts, coconut, butter, cream cheese, coconut oil? Those are the primary ingredients of most fat bombs I've seen. Plus a couple drops of stevia.
    My favorite fat bomb is bacon.
    ;)
    Seriously though, I can't have them in my life. Too much like candy or dessert and mostly a nutritionally void food.

Sorry, I'm jumping to conclusions. I usually see these being used in place of real food because I've been spending too much time in a group that's terrified of real food and protein and everyone is trying to formulate their entire diet around dessert like fat bombs.
    Even before that, I really felt they were unnecessary though.
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would struggle with eating too much protein in conjunction with not eating enough fat. Too much protein can kick you out of ketosis. So I eat my foods as usual and if I'm not close to my fat goal, I'll add a fat bomb :)
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Options
    Screenshot_2016-03-04-19-17-35-1_zpswarmog9s.png
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Options
    I added an almond flour crust to mine and it is good. One slice is 31g of fat and 3g of carbs...3.9g with the strawberries.

20170118_225906_zps5xvg1cux.jpg
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Options
    Without the strawberries. Sorry if you don't like cheesecake lol. These are my go to when I need some fat here and there.... I don't eat it everyday or surround my diet around it.

20170118_225859_zpsqchfxyxl.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would struggle with eating too much protein in conjunction with not eating enough fat. Too much protein can kick you out of ketosis. So I eat my foods as usual and if I'm not close to my fat goal, I'll add a fat bomb :)

Unless you're hyperinsulinemic, you don't have to worry much about eating too much protein. And hyperinsulinemia tends to resolve on LCHF so at some point, a person would be less sensitive to excess protein as well.
    This term "too much protein " is incredibly generic and really means nothing in that context. Just as much as "being kicked out of ketosis" doesn't mean anything unless you are following a medically therapeutic keto diet.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10492805/keto-straight-talk#latest
    Assuming a person is not hyperinsulinemic, too much protein is a whole freakin lot.
    Here's a discussion about protein
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10438750/too-much-protein/
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I love fat bombs. I have to be careful though because I can be tempted to eat more than I should and replace an entire meal with them which is what @Sunny_Bunny_ is referring to. I am diligent to work them into my daily intake only when coupled with proper nutrition. They really help me to not feel deprived.

https://www.pinterest.com/bowlerae/lchf-sweets-fat-bombs/

Btw I know some people like to avoid sweets so they are not tempted to have actual refined sugar, "bad" sweets. For me I am the other way around. I will crave bad, easy to buy from the store Little Debbie sweets, if I don't make my own natural and healthier LCHF alternatives.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I avoided fat bombs like the plague in the beginning of my keto venture for a neurological movement disorder (versus weight loss). They were too "candy-like" for me and I overindulged and or began craving more any time I ate one.

Currently, I'm tired of adding fat to everything and often satiated, not even being close to my desired ratios (or calories) for my health related diet. I've been making fat bombs that are really just that. Just fat (almost). No nuts, seeds, coconut, no tasty extracts, etc to make them "candy bar like". My current batch does have a touch of 100% cocoa and a very scant drop of stevia to make them a little more palatable.

I've found that both MCT Oil and Avocado Oil need a little coconut oil added to them in order to have them solidify (at least solidify in a reasonable amount of time in fridge versus freezer).

So long as I can control the intake (does not seem to be a problem so far), I'll continue to use. I doubt too many folks would like my fat bombs. :#

• bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    @Mellie2fit2quit those cheesecakes look so simple to make.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love my fat bombs! after dinner or at night I have 1 to complete the day (and to boost my fat just a little more). I believe those little bits of deliciousness is whats keeping me from tearing into a big bag of chips.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    the ones I made also tasted so rich that after 1 I couldn't think of having another
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like making a large batch of chocolate almond fat bombs and freezing them. Then pull one and add to hot cocoa in early AM or late afternoon on cold days. (works on coffee too, but I do not drink it)
    The coconut oil and organic cocoa powder make a richer addition.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I make a batch occasionally of these chocolate fat bombs:

25 g 100% raw cocao powder
    125 g coconut oil, melted
    stevia to taste, for the holidays I used peppermint flavored drops
    I have also tossed slivered almonds in the mold I use for these for variety

I freeze them and use when my fat is way below normal for the day, I don't want to start feeling hungry and a couple of these does the trick for me. I can go hrs. and hrs. without wanting anything else after these. Some days I don't feel like eating much at all, fat bombs keep me on a more even keel. I start feeling bad if I drop below my BMR so if it is a light eating day, I will have one or two to round out my day.

I like rjc992's idea of tossing one in coffee or making it into hot cocoa.