1500 calories in bacon today...

cimarrona27
cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
So...I had bacon with every meal. Lol. My "other" calories were about 800... mostly eggs and cheese. I did get a sugar free latte- but the milk had carbs.

I will say I feel really great. I can't do this everyday, but it was tasty.

I'm going to be traveling tomorrow so I'll need to pack some snacks.

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Dude, that's some bacon awesomeness!! The most I do is about 1/4 lb a day, or else is too salty for me. But I know plenty of folks eat 1lb easily in a day.
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2017
    cstehansen wrote: »
    The best part about bacon is it is sold in single serve packages.....at least it's a single serving for some of us. ;)

:D

Too true. Lol.

• Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Mmmmm. I love bacon.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Anybody know of a good brand of grass-fed, nitrate-free bacon? I remember reading on KetoDiet app about nitrates in bacon not being a really big concern but I'm not really sure if that's the case or not. I use a brand called Wright but I really haven't looked into the quality of it.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Anybody know of a good brand of grass-fed, nitrate-free bacon? I remember reading on KetoDiet app about nitrates in bacon not being a really big concern but I'm not really sure if that's the case or not. I use a brand called Wright but I really haven't looked into the quality of it.

I have been reading but I guess pigs don't really eat grass as their primary source of nutrition. So what I mean is organic/pastured bacon.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Pics!!!!! Or it didn't happen!!! Lol
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member

If you really want to avoid any of the chemicals that could end up in your bacon, just buy a slab of pork belly and cut it into slices and pan fry. It's definitely not the same experience as bacon, but you still get to enjoy a nice fatty piece of meat... it's like a juicier, crispier pork chop. It's the perfect accompaniment to every meal! Eggs & pork belly for breakfast, chopped up pork belly on your salad at lunch, pork belly and a side of cauli-mash for dinner. I buy at least one slab every week, it's my favourite meat option! And if you're lucky enough to get it with the skin on, you can roast the slab and have crackling too! That way you can skip the processed pork rinds
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member

If you really want to avoid any of the chemicals that could end up in your bacon, just buy a slab of pork belly and cut it into slices and pan fry. It's definitely not the same experience as bacon, but you still get to enjoy a nice fatty piece of meat... it's like a juicier, crispier pork chop. It's the perfect accompaniment to every meal! Eggs & pork belly for breakfast, chopped up pork belly on your salad at lunch, pork belly and a side of cauli-mash for dinner. I buy at least one slab every week, it's my favourite meat option! And if you're lucky enough to get it with the skin on, you can roast the slab and have crackling too! That way you can skip the processed pork rinds

mmmmm......pork
  • bowlerae
    @PaleoInScotland thanks for the tips. I actually looked up some farms near me and there is a farm within reason driving distance from my job (though not my home) that raises free-range chicken, cows and pigs. I am going to talk to them about pricing. Also, there is a farmers market even closer to me every weekend that I read has pastured meat.