Rewards!

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
I saw that @Bekah7482 posted a comment about how her boyfriend asked how she would
Reward herself and for 20 lbs she was going to treat herself to a manicure - well, her boyfriend is awesome and surprised her by treating her to a manicure (lucky girl..he's a keeper!)

Have any of you decided to reward yourself for hitting any goals, and if so, what and when?

I still haven't decided on a goal weight to hit maintenance but I have about 15 lbs to get to a "normal" weight for my height. My ultimate reward to myself for hitting the normal weight range is I want to buy myself a ring for my right hand. I am not a big jewelry fan, but I do wear just my wedding rings. I bought myself an awesome right hand ring years ago. It's too much to wear everyday so am everyday right hand ring
is my big reward for hitting that goal.

I need to identify another goal for myself for the interim. I am thinking once I hit another increment on the scale I may get a pedicure!

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I rewarded myself with a few new outfits every time I hit a goal milestone.. :)
    Havent done that in a while, maybe it'll help motivate me a little more if I start doing that again.. ;)
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 that sounds like an awesome idea!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    ...and I need to get my engagement and wedding rings resized. My weight has been stable for more than 6 months but I just haven't gotten around to it.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha I have the some of the same goal rewards. When I get to my ultimate weight, I want another tattoo. And when I get under 250 I want to go skydiving.

@jcavanna2 Thanks, I think he is pretty cool too. I hit my 20lbs like a week and a half ago so last weekend he was trying to get me to go get my nails done. I have been struggling a little with my weight loss recently so I wasnt really feeling like I deserved to reward myself. So yesterday he said, "I need to run an errand, you should come with me" and I said ok. We pulled up to the nail salon and I was like "what are we doing?" and he said, "getting your nails done, you lost the weight didnt you?" I said yeah but I am not feeling very good about my progress lately. and he said "but you lost the weight and you deserve your reward." Keeper status!

I dont have too many rewards picked out yet. Other things I am thinking about are; new outfits, a day trip or weekend getaway, I have been wanting to get running shoes that are more custom to my feet, spa day (massage or facial), my brother just moved to Canada and he has zip-lining places and a tree top suspension bridge excursions close to him, I would love to visit him and do that stuff, upgrade my fitbit, formal dress date night with the bf(that's always a treat because he never dresses up).
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A tattoo sounds like a good reward. Funny you mention that. Back in 2012 when I went in hardcore diet mode (sadly alas, I gained it all back and then some) I got my first tattoo. Right after my surgery in August, I got another tattoo.

I have two others, but I think I will mark my breakthrough of under 200lbs (hopefully soon...219 atm) with a new tattoo. B)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha - a tattoo is another good reward!!! I love getting tattoos :)

I finally got an old ugly tattooed covered up as a reward to myself. I have definitely rewarded myself with outfits, manicures/pedicures, jewelry, new makeup - have any of you noticed that you had to change the way you do your makeup since losing weight? I plan to go to Nordstrom or Sephora or MAC or some place to actually get my makeup done. I think that's a pretty good reward too :-)
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @garber6th - I ordered some KYLIE makeup, and I've been googling how to apply it. You're right though, the way I have to apply my makeup has changed, and I'm not quite sure how to do it. Going to MAC or Sephora sounds like a really good reward!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Love this rewards talk! @Bekah7482 your boyfriend is absolutely right - you lost the weight regardless of how your progress has been lately. I think we all can say we have gone through periods where the weight didn't come off as fast, and we may have weeks we gain. To try and get through it, maybe really increase your water intake, watch your sodium intake and increase exercise. Hopefully that will help. Those weeks that I really need to catch myself I try and have a protein shake for breakfast and sometimes dinner too. Good luck..you will get through it!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    Speaking of rings... I can actually fit into my high school class ring. Haven't wore it since prior to having children.. (age 20)! Milestone reward without the cost of purchasing anything!
    Otherwise, rewards have been clothes. So much fun to shop now.

My high school class ring is actually too big!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    @Ultima_Morpha - a tattoo is another good reward!!! I love getting tattoos :)

I finally got an old ugly tattooed covered up as a reward to myself. I have definitely rewarded myself with outfits, manicures/pedicures, jewelry, new makeup - have any of you noticed that you had to change the way you do your makeup since losing weight? I plan to go to Nordstrom or Sephora or MAC or some place to actually get my makeup done. I think that's a pretty good reward too :-)

My new one will probably be a cover up!
  • fleebers
    fleebers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do mini rewards every 10 lbs: mani-pedi, something new for my hobby, new exercise wear. Stuff I'd probably do any how but I won't feel guilty about lol!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    I actually rewarded myself at goal weight with a new Nespresso coffee maker. I'd wanted one for years and it was well worth the wait for me. I drink coffee daily and it's a way to remind myself that I worked hard to get to my goal. In June I will have been at my goal weight for a year. I'm planning on taking a vacation and taking my daughter with me. It's a surprise for her but she was the first person I told I was thinking about having WLS and she supported me all the way. I want to thank her for helping me.

How do you like the Nespresso??
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    OMG. MAKEUP. It started as rewards, now it's just a problem! lol

Some weeks I feel like I should just direct deposit my check to Sephora! Ladies, if you like long wear lip stains, Sephora brand is where it's at! It's the same formula as Kat Von D for a fraction of the cost. It's not drying, non-flaking. OMG.

I did have to learn how to make up this new face! So weird! As I lost weight, my eyes became HUGE, lol! I'm totally down for a makeup board/thread! I am on YouTube often watching videos. I'm learning contouring, I'm awkward and sometimes look like a two-year old did it, but I'm having fun with it!

AND SPARKLE! I'm so not girly, I'm not a pink girl, very non "LOOK AT ME", but SPARKLE MY FACE PLEASE!

And that's it...lol
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Ha ha love it @NicoleL874
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 Ha! Jen, you've talked to me, you know me...to others, that message must seem insane. I bet you heard me almost shout "SPARKLE MY FACE!" lmao! I'm pretty sure I come across as such a loon to the group at large! (fairly accurate, but in a completely endearing way, lmao)
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @NicoleL874 yes, I know you so totally got a kick out of it!