Sleep and hormones

Options
ronjsteele1
ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
Has anyone else had issues going to sleep/staying asleep and their hormones changing? I'm wondering if that's why my sleep cycles are being wonky? After missing my first official perimen cycle, I finally started. I have never gone 49 days unless I was pregnant. Wowza! I am bloated, cranky (oh my gosh!), tired, munchy. You name it. I will be so glad to lose some fluid. Hopefully the scale will go back to normal a bit now. :/

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am just brutal! I am lucky to get 4 hours.Went to the doc, she said it is perimenopause.I am skipping cycles, or get it every 20 days, then every 50, 60 days. all over the place., bloated, yep., anxiety is worse for me, as I never ever had it my whole life., but the sleep is the worse, I just cannot function when I am so little sleep., and I have a hubs that snores,
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. My sleep has been greatly affected. Docs often say lack of sleep is what causes the mood issues. I disagree, but YES. My sleep has been a mess for a few years now.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Well, thanks for confirming that. It's stinks, but at least I know it won't go on forever. :s
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Yes my sleep is way off!! FYI drinking wine before bed makes it worse! Since giving that up, it is better.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Yes my sleep is way off!! FYI drinking wine before bed makes it worse! Since giving that up, it is better.
    And I hate that! lol.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I take topical magnesium right before bed - it seems to help...I also take rhus tox cell salt to stop the restless feeling that I get sometimes...
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    My DD uses mag oil b/c she is chronically low in mag. I'll borrow some of it to see if it helps with getting to sleep. Good thought.

I've not known rhus tox to help with restlessessness. That's interesting. I'll have to look it it up in my hpathy books.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    rhus tox is specifically for restless leg syndrome, but for me I mostly just feel restless everywhere sometimes when I lay down, not just in my legs...it totally seems to help...I don't really understand how cell salts work, they are kind of voodoo magic to me, but if it works I'll take it particularly since it doesn't seem to come with any negative side effects
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    My DD uses mag oil b/c she is chronically low in mag. I'll borrow some of it to see if it helps with getting to sleep. Good thought.

I've not known rhus tox to help with restlessessness. That's interesting. I'll have to look it it up in my hpathy books.

Magnesium *should* help. Let us know if it does.
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time for about 3 years now.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options

My body seems to think 4hrs at a time is its limit.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

My fitbit "sleep" function graph is sad.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options

My fitbit "sleep" function graph is sad.

Totally this! I use a Misfit and my sleep graph is horrid. LOL