Weekly Check In: Jan. 22 - 28

Options
TristansHawk
TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
Rant, rave, NSV? You know the drill! Post about it here!

Replies

• TristansHawk
    Options
    I stuck to my calorie goal all last week! I am aiming to continue this trend. I have also logged in for like 32ish days in a row, which is a personal best :)

Also, I weighed 178 lbs around Christmas and now weigh 165 lbs. Granted, some of it is water weight, I know that some of it is not. I take it lol.
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's a huge weightloss for one month. I'm only 3 lbs from being at a healthy bmi. Hope to see that soon, but more likely it will take a few weeks.
  • TristansHawk
    Options
    wndlady wrote: »
    That's a huge weightloss for one month. I'm only 3 lbs from being at a healthy bmi. Hope to see that soon, but more likely it will take a few weeks.

I agree that it is really big haha. But I know it will slow down (it has over the last week or so).
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Last year, I reached my lowest weight in years around March. Then proceeded to gain 15 pounds back. (A lot happened during the rest of the year.) Today, I have reached that low number again. This time, I plan to keep going. :)<3
  • PerwinkleSummer
    PerwinkleSummer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm here. February plan is renewed fitness and nutrition. I love the spreadsheet because when it updated it told me I was 15% to my goal in January. Huge for me. New way to look at things for me --- as a percent to goal. VERY MOTIVATING! Thank you to the leader of this challenge.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share a new recipe I just tried. Its from the website Skinny Taste and is called "Dad's Creamy Cauliflower Soup". It tastes like potato soup. Very good. I did tweak it a bit. I added a carrot, used scallions instead of a onion (thats all I had), and used a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower instead of fresh. I think the next time I make it, I will only blend half of it and leave half of it chunky. I have been craving potato soup but didn't want all the carbs...this is deliciously satisfying!
  • TristansHawk
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Just wanted to share a new recipe I just tried. Its from the website Skinny Taste and is called "Dad's Creamy Cauliflower Soup". It tastes like potato soup. Very good. I did tweak it a bit. I added a carrot, used scallions instead of a onion (thats all I had), and used a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower instead of fresh. I think the next time I make it, I will only blend half of it and leave half of it chunky. I have been craving potato soup but didn't want all the carbs...this is deliciously satisfying!

Potato soup <3 My work used to have one that was a "loaded" baked potato soup. It was essentially a creamy potato soup with bacon and cheese in it, then it was topped with cheddar cheese and green onions.

I'll have to take a look, because a substitute would be nice!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

TristansHawk...... Skinnytaste website also has a recipe for loaded baked potato soup. Its made with cauliflower and only 1 potato and topped with cheese and green onions.

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Last year, I reached my lowest weight in years around March. Then proceeded to gain 15 pounds back. (A lot happened during the rest of the year.) Today, I have reached that low number again. This time, I plan to keep going. :)<3

So excited. Today, after a little over 2 years on MFP, I finally crossed the magic point on the BMI scale into "normal weight" territory. Will not let Superbowl Sunday undo this!

@bm1409 - The cauliflower/potato soup sounds awesome!