Endurance athletes: what's the food you take during long events?

Options
2»

Replies

• rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
    I used to do 160km rides on a regular basis and now after going Keto and getting back in the saddle after 3 years of health issues, and trying some of these ideas for fueling the longer rides. So far I am doing no longer than 60K rides and finding all the energy I need with no stomach upset by following strict keto diet.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's how it works. Cycled 170 km yesterday, 45 km today. Mascarpone has now become my friend. Sets me up for the entire day!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Glad I popped in to catch up with your thread. I hope to start cycling again and it's reassuring to have a real person confirm all the stuff I've been reading.
  • lodro
    Options
    I've registered for the Transcontinental today. Assuming I'm getting a place, that's the real test. Fvaisey, being well fat adapted takes more than a few weeks (took 3 months for me), but once you're there, it creates great freedom. Electrolytes are key, once there.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow! @lodro you are my high fat hero! Ching gow that's awesome! Wishiing you all the best in September. Do let us know!
  • lodro
    Options
    I've got a place. Good heavens!