Want active friends! Similar stats/goals

Options
2»

Replies

• jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I opened a MFP account several years ago but never really used it.

I'm 5'7
    HW: 136 (a few years ago)
    LW: 115 (2012)
    CW: 129
    GW:120 (eventually bellow 120 but want to keep it achievable)

In the fall I was training for a half marathon, currently I am doing Insanity 4days/week and weight lifting 4 days/ week. I would love active friends to help motivate me :smile:
  • Misskim121211
    Misskim121211 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm 5'8 medium frame.
    HW: 163
    CW: 158
    GW: 140

I joined MPF years ago after my baby was born and my weight was really high. I just restarted MFP two weeks ago with the starting weight of 163. I strength train and do cardio almost everyday!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you guys.
    I'm nearly 39, and am desperate to shape up before I'm 40 next year, I weigh about 138lb and want to get below 130, but need to make sure I don't get bored as this has happened frequently. I'm currently doing t25 3-4 times a week. I'm 5'5 xx
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    mbanks123 wrote: »
    I'm 23, 5'8, small/medium frame

HW: 145 (last year)
    LW: 123 (3 years ago)
    CW: 136.5
    GW: 123

Really looking for some inspiration. Determined to finally hit my goal this year. Fed up of never getting anywhere and always gaining what I've lost back again.

This is what I keep doing, lose a bit then get complacent or bored and end up back to square 1 x
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Just realised I'm 148lbs!! Not used to working in lbs x
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almost 43, a runner, 5'4, and in the 130s (getting to the top of the range with the goal of maintaining at the bottom/middle of the range.) I would say my build is muscled as I wear a pretty small size for my weight (a 4-6). I am extremely active and my challenge is NOT eating back the calories I burn!!! I am not someone who lost a lot of weight and is trying to lose the final five...I've always been this size, hovering within a few lbs. of goal but rarely hitting it for more than a month or two. :-( Hoping I can figure this out once and for all!
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this past fall and have realized that I have to work a LOT harder to keep the pounds off. I've never been heavy, but am definitely much softer now than I ever have been. My belly hanging over my pants is a new development and I don't like it. I work out 3-4 times a week with a small group and a trainer and that is going well, I feel like I just need a kick in the pants when it comes to eating better.
  • leo10021
    leo10021 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope this thread isn't too dead but I am new here and so glad I found this group....I posted on the main message boards and didn't get any sympathy or camaraderie.

I am getting married in September and would love to add some new friends on here to help each other stay accountable!

Height: 5'8"
    HW (in college): 155
    SW (Jan 1, 2017): 150
    CW: 146
    GW (by August of this year): 130

Goal is to stick to 1500 calories and lose 0.5-0.75lb/week. Who's with me?
  • annblahow1618
    annblahow1618 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    leo10021 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I hope this thread isn't too dead but I am new here and so glad I found this group....I posted on the main message boards and didn't get any sympathy or camaraderie.

I am getting married in September and would love to add some new friends on here to help each other stay accountable!

Height: 5'8"
    HW (in college): 155
    SW (Jan 1, 2017): 150
    CW: 146
    GW (by August of this year): 130

Goal is to stick to 1500 calories and lose 0.5-0.75lb/week. Who's with me?

I'm with you, leo10021! I'm also 5'8", currently 148lbs, want to be 135 (ideally by my birthday, June 15th, but by the end of the summer would be fine too).
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for people to motivate with. I'm pretty sure my friends IRL don't want to hear about this stuff since "your in pretty good shape, why do you care???"

Ht:5'6"
    HW/SW: 147.8lbs
    CW: 134
    GW:120

I am currently cross training at the gym 5 days a week and also doing C25K. Last year, someone literally laughed at me and said "You??" when I said I'd like to try a marathon. I really suck at running right now but I signed up for my first 5K in mid-April and I am pushing towards that goal. Also, I have a beach trip on the 1st of june that I'd like to wear a bikini for...
    Friend request me if you feel so inclined...
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ht: 5'1
    CW: 130ish
    GW: 120ish

I am a busy mother to a 4&6 year old. I work out approx 5 times a week with a balance of walking, HIIT workouts, cardio and weights and classes at the gym. I eat quite healthy normally staying around 1200-1300 calories a day (very little junk food at all) but I enjoy a drink and probably have about 8-10 over the week (wine/beer/gin) mostly Fri - Sun. I have gained weight since I have started really working out/tracking calories since August 2016 - I do not know my fat percentage though but I am assuming/hoping it is due to muscle. I do not notice a big difference in my clothes but I do notice that I am certainly stronger.
  • Kaliopix333
    Kaliopix333 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Ht: 5'6"
    HW:198
    SW:186
    CW:166
    LW:150
    GW:140

Active 5/6 days a week with open diary. Currently trying LCHF
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Sorry asking you this but what's LCHF?
  • Kaliopix333
    Kaliopix333 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Sorry asking you this but what's LCHF?

Low carb high fat! I actually am following the Atkins40... day 4 today... so far so good! But I've never done anything like that before... I've always just focused on getting enough protein (watching calories) and not worrying too much about carbs. so i'm giving this a chance to see how my body responds!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm substantially older than anyone I've seen post here, but otherwise have the same problems and goals. I lost weight using MFP about four years ago by diligently logging in and logging calories. I've done quite a bit of back-sliding and I'm currently trying to kick myself in the *kitten* and get back on track. Weight creeps back on so insidiously... I'm moderately active with walking, horseback riding, and working out at Planet Fitness. I do need to commit to a more regular workout schedule though. I'd love some new friends...I have a small frame, small bust, and am not muscular (never have been). So even though my weight puts me in the normal range, I am too flabby around the thighs, hips, and butt.

Height: 5'4.5 inches
    HW: 140
    LW: 118, for about 20 minutes four years ago. Lol!
    CW: 127
    GW: 120-122