Warm Water Strength Training

Options
Jdkbs
Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
Hello,

Has anyone every tried this or have any thoughts on how this might fit into the em2wl program?

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    never heard of it... what is it?
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It was callestetics underwater. No added weights. Easy on joints.
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It sounds like aquarobics. If it is, it's fun! I've been meaning to go back to it as it's good for my knees. Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to see if they are still running it!!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It will definitely fit in your plan as resistance training. If the resistance is t so much, than use it as cardio. As long as it is challenging and you enjoy doing it, go for it!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL Trainer and Coach
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Going through groups and found this topic. I work in a warm water pool teaching classes it is a great way to loose and not have injuries as well. I also am in need of loosing. I had lost most of my weight and regained 20 of it back. I don't want to regain the 70 I have lost so I am looking for better ideas. I also teach two land classes a week. Looking at the group to see if I may fit in. I have a Fitbit charge 2 and a Misfit Ahine since I work in a pool. Female very active 54 yr old.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi @cbradley903
    Welcome! If after going through all the info in the stickies at the top of the group, you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response. I just seen it. Have one of my bigger days tomorrow will teach 3 classes. Feel a bit better lost 3 of the lbs just need to stay focused and keep moving. It is great to know that others like the water too.