alpha workouts

all about alpha workouts

Replies

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    cardio day! did not want to continue for the last bit of the workout but i did it. hate/love cardio! i cannot go down with the lunges r/t my back so there are some things i modify on my own but otherwise so far so good :)
  • lgt2015
    lgt2015 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm definitely modifying a few -- I have always hated the half-tuck jumps, and the hop squats are a little much, but hoping to get through without modifying by week 5! Other than that, I love cardio!
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Did cardio Alpha yesterday. Didn't have to take a break like I have in the past, but I did stick with the modifier a couple of times.

I rarely do the half-tuck jumps. My knees get sore if I do those. Last time I went through T25, I had trouble with the quicker moves. It's kind of tough for me to get the timing down.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    half tuck jumps are hard. i do single knees when i'm not able to do more :/
  • gdsmit1
    Half tuck jumps are just very awkward to me. I also find that when I think about what I'm doing I mess up more often. For instance, the mountain climbers, the left knee and right arm is raised. If I think about what I'm doing, my right knee and arm are up at the same time.
  • gdsmit1
    Just finished Alpha Speed 1.0 a couple of hours ago. I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow. Between T25 and the plank challenge I'm feeling it in my abs.

I forgot about all the low cross jacks. I have a hard time with any of the exercises where I need to cross my feet like that. I'm just not very coordinated, I guess.

I thought I'd pass on a good site that talks about each workout. I like to see the workouts before I do them. I used this site to review all the workouts prior to doing them last time.
    http://dumbbellsanddiapers.com/focust25
  • lgt2015
    Speed 1.0 done! I forgot how much I liked that one because of the stretch breaks :smiley: It does make me feel pretty uncoordinated as well, with all the criss cross hop moves.

Not looking forward to Total Body Circuit tomorrow -- it's a bear!
  • gdsmit1
    Wow, I just looked at that link I put up above with the Total Body Circuit. I didn't remember there being pushups and planks in there. I suck at push ups and planks are going to really hit me when it comes to the plank challenge. I guess I'll include the T25 planks in the count for the day.
  • lgt2015
    Total Body Circuit, check! I modified almost all of the plank work -- my shoulders are just not strong enough yet. This one is my least favorite, which probably means it's the one I should do the most!

Greg, I once did a squat challenge with T25 and definitely counted the T25 squats!
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    I have to modify a few of the moves, especially the ones that require a lot of tork on the knees. I tore my meniscus the first time I did T25 and I don't want to make that mistake again.
    half tuck jumps are hard. i do single knees when i'm not able to do more :/

I have to modify a few of the moves, especially the ones that require a lot of tork on the knees. I tore my meniscus the first time I did T25 and I don't want to make that mistake again.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Today was day one of T25 in the morning and my regular workouts when I get home from work. I had to pull myself out the bed but I did it. WE'll see how my energy levels are when I get off work.
  • gdsmit1
    Total Body Circuit Alpha is in the books. I forgot how difficult this one is. I made it through, but had to do modifier moves for some of the hops and some of the push ups.

I put in my plank challenge that there was 4 minutes of planks. I count plank holds, plank walks, shoulder taps, shoulder tap push ups. Not counting the burn out. Sound right to you guys?
  • gdsmit1 wrote: »
    Just finished Alpha Speed 1.0 a couple of hours ago. I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow. Between T25 and the plank challenge I'm feeling it in my abs.

I forgot about all the low cross jacks. I have a hard time with any of the exercises where I need to cross my feet like that. I'm just not very coordinated, I guess.

I thought I'd pass on a good site that talks about each workout. I like to see the workouts before I do them. I used this site to review all the workouts prior to doing them last time.
    http://dumbbellsanddiapers.com/focust25
    awesome! thanks for the link :)
  • gdsmit1
    I go to her blog before doing any of the T25 workouts for the first time. I like how she covers the workouts and has pics of each exercise. It's also cute to see her daughter "doing the workout" with mom.
  • h3ktlk
    h3ktlk Posts: 38 Member
    Did cardio yesterday evening. First one, Went relatively well, Just have to watch items with higher impact on knees at least for now.
  • gdsmit1
    I have issues with the jumps as well. The jump turns are a real problem for me. Makes my knees sore.
  • gdsmit1
    Finished Ab Intervals. That's a pretty tough ab workout. I remember from last time that the V leg lift exercises are tough. I have a real hard time with those.
  • jump turns are rough on me too. i struggle with the vseat too. i always find myself answering "are you still with me?" with "no" or randomly yelling "shaun t!!!!!!" or "no more!"
  • gdsmit1
    I have a hard time keeping up with them. It was really tough the first time I was doing this. Now I don't worry about the speed.
  • gdsmit1
    This is the first time I've done the double workouts on Friday. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I had to stick with Tanya about a third of the time through cardio. I expected to be dropping out half way through.

I have a pain in my back that I think the Total Body Circuit workout caused. I'll have to do some stretching.