Leslie Sansone February 2017 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
February (2017)

WELCOME to all walkers!

It is already February, 2017, and time to start a new monthly challenge! The second one for this year! So lets make February an extraordinarily awesome month while we continue through 2017. There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what January turned out to be for each of us! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Crisp and cold, and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking in the snow or whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

So now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into February of 2017! Come join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy February.

Let us continue through 2017 by walking strong, and with the determination!

Blessings,
texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Well, January held a few surprises for me, but I am determined to make goal this month!!!

February Goal 3.5 miles/day or 98 miles for the month!

2/1-WAH-iWalk Strong-3 miles=3.0 miles total

Welcome to February everybody!!! Let's all Walk Strong this month!! It's only 28 days-we can DO IT!! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% yet so my goal will be 50 miles this month.

3/50
    2 Mile Walk This Way
    1 Mile in Home Walk
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    No work out yesterday, today a little bit of weights only
  • laurendawnnn
    laurendawnnn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk until the 13th then I'll have my third little girl on the 14th and take a break the rest of the month.

2/1 1 mile walk

2/2 3 mile walk X2 (6 mile total)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    5.14/50

2.14 miles walked at the park and 120 stairs.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk until the 13th then I'll have my third little girl on the 14th and take a break the rest of the month.

2/1 1 mile walk

2/2 3 mile walk X2 (6 mile total)

Hello and congratulations on daughter number 3!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Going to do what I can this month, no set number of miles. A pal here introduced me to a webiste called hasfit that has free workouts. You can do a 30 day thing too, a different workout each day. They encourage you to take 2 rest days each week. So far I have really enjoyed them. But, I'm certainly NOT deserting Leslie!

2/2 Rest Day
    2/3 4 Mile Super Challenge

Hope you all had a good Thursday.

Keep Walking!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    8.14/50

2 Mile Walk This Way
    1st Mile of American Heart Assoc
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Still wondering the US, nice weather.... no excuse not to get steps in when not on travel days.

My goal for February
    - NOT gain weight
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days this month
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

I am getting my water. Getting close on my steps. As long as we take walking tours.

Feb 1 - 2.55 miles
    Feb 2 - 4.33 miles
    Feb 3 - 3.66 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    2/1 Rest Day
    2/2 4 Mile Super Challenge
    2/3 Strength and stamina 20 minutes, hasfit.com workout 21 minutes

Good work PinkyPan! You too Lilymay!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab, wonderful work last month!
  • zichab
    Options

2/1-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=4.9 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles :grumble:=8.3 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=10.6 miles total
    2/4-WAP 4 Mile Super Challenge=14.6 miles total
    AnnofB wrote: »
    zichab, wonderful work last month!

I was annoyed because I was closer than I thought. I should have walked while DH was dead to the world! :sad: Oh well, it is a new month and I am going for it!!!! How in the world do you do those Hasfit workouts!!! Coach Koazack about killed me!!! I am doing Leslie's Firm 30 for a month before I try him again!!! You are one tough cookie AnnofB! :drinker:

Lilymay Enjoy the US! I assume you are visiting a warm part of the country :+1: The rest of us might as well be in Canada! :laugh:
    No work out yesterday, today a little bit of weights only

Weights are very good for you bgoddess. Even if you do not lose any pounds, using weights, you will look like you did and your clothes will get very big on you! They are miracle pieces of equipment!

Take it slow Pinky. There is nothing wrong with 2-3 miles a day-even for you! :wink:

• Lilymay2
    Options
    My goal for February
    - NOT gain weight
    - 120 miles
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

I am getting my water. Getting close on my steps. As long as we take walking tours.

Feb 1 - 2.55 miles
    Feb 2 - 4.33 miles
    Feb 3 - 3.66 miles
    Feb 4 - 4.37 miles

Hopefully a golf game today!! I bought actual golf shoes and I am excited to try them out!

Thank you Zichab. Yes it is warming up here. Apparently it was cooler than normal. You can tell who is Canadian here, they run around in t-shirts and shorts and everyone else has a coat on .... lol.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    12.34/50
    4.20 miles walked golfing this morning.
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have been lazy for months. I want to at least do three miles once a week, plus get in 6,000 steps most days.
  • zichab
    Options

2/1-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=4.9 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles=8.3 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=10.6 miles total
    2/4-WAP 4 Mile Super Challenge=14.6 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=15.9 miles total
    2/5-WAH-3 Mile Power Walk=18.9 miles total

I have been lazy for months. I want to at least do three miles once a week, plus get in 6,000 steps most days.
    No worries-it happens to all of us at one time or another. You have set a reasonable goal and that it the first step to getting back on track. Go for it! :smiley:

• AnnofB
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

I was annoyed because I was closer than I thought. I should have walked while DH was dead to the world! :sad: Oh well, it is a new month and I am going for it!!!! How in the world do you do those Hasfit workouts!!! Coach Koazack about killed me!!! I am doing Leslie's Firm 30 for a month before I try him again!!! You are one tough cookie AnnofB! :drinker:

:bigsmile:

With that attitude, you are going to reach your goal! Off to a great start this month already.

That 21 minute workout was supposed to be a 30 minute one, but I could not do it. It was too tough for me, ha-ha. Coach Koazack is tough, but a what a great attitude. You can tell he really loves coaching.

Have a great day,
    Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    2/1 Rest Day
    2/2 4 Mile Super Challenge
    2/3 Strength and stamina 20 minutes, hasfit.com workout 21 minutes
    2/4 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    2/5 Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Walker 30 minutes
  • AnnofB
    Options

Good plan. :smile:
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    My goal for February
    - NOT gain weight
    - 120 miles
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

Feb 1 - 2.55 miles
    Feb 2 - 4.33 miles
    Feb 3 - 3.66 miles
    Feb 4 - 4.37 miles
    Feb 5 - 5.50 miles - 12104 steps (1/15)

Yes, tried out the new golf shoes. My orthotics don't fit in them, my calves are a bit sore. I will put some Dr. Shoals in them when I get home.