Damned Super Bowl

Options
So I'm going to choose to blame this all on the Super Bowl. I did great with my carb intake today, I was under 20, but I went over my calorie limit by a significant amount. My stomach is killing me even hours after I quit eating, I feel bloated and just downright yucky! What do you guys do the day after over doing it? I do intermittent fasting already and I plan to just eat one meal tomorrow, but would love some suggestions!

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Learn and don't do it again. No need to punish yourself further by eating only one meal. Get back on track with your food habits. Keep practicing. You'll get it right.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ugh. It was a bit of struggle for me too. A bunch of people showed up at my apartment. I knew they were going to drink and eat a bunch. So I pigged myself out with lean chicken and green veggie salad before people showed up. My boyfriend convinced me to have a glass of Oliver Moscato, but I didn't really crave any carby foods. Addition to that, Patriots won, that made me not want to eat anything after all lol
    I think you will be fine, tomorrow is a new day. Hope ya feel better
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I ate too much as well. All fitting my zero plan except a bit of tomato sauce. Just enough for flavor.
    All I do is wait til I'm hungry again before I eat. I allow overeating on plan foods for parties, holidays, birthdays and such. I will overeat but not so much I'm hurting. I have done that before though. I'm sure I'll do it again, probably next trip to the Brazilian steakhouse! Gotta get my money's worth! ;)
    Seriously though. Overeating on plan foods doesn't come with quite the same problems as it did when it was high carb foods. In my experience I just stay satisfied even longer. I already eat 1 meal about half the time and only 2 other times. Tomorrow will probably just be a 1 meal day but I'll eat whenever I get hungry. Whenever that may be
  • chelseabarnwell42
    chelseabarnwell42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You guys made me feel better!!
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We did not over stuff, but in the first half, we had clam dip and fried pork rinds. I drank wine and hubby drank low carb margaritas. I was rooting for the Falcons, did not understand that sudden death meant that Atlanta did not get the ball, so it pretty much came down to the last coin toss. Great game overall.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I ate more than I wanted to and got into a bit of trouble with "gateway carbs" but I religiously logged it all and looking back this morning....it wasn't so bad as I had inflated it in my mind last night.

A whole day of insanity yesterday did mean I didn't drink enough water. So working on rehydrating now!
  • chelseabarnwell42
    Options
    @Aquawave It was a very crazy game! I was so excited for the Falcons, even though they are not my team, so I was very disappointed!
  • chelseabarnwell42
    Options
    @mmultanen I've been chugging water all day I didn't get enough either. It probably isn't that bad because I only ate 10 carbs and maybe one day of going over in calories isn't too bad I just hated the way it made me feel, guilty and way too stuffed!
  • gotblues66
    gotblues66 Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thank you! You guys made me feel better!!
    If you still managed to stay under 20g of carbs, good job! I made superbowl my one cheat day, went nuts. I can't imagine superbowl without beer. But I had close to 4 good weeks in ketosis so I felt entitled lol. Don't feel so good this morning though. Will see how long it takes me to get back into ketosis
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    So weird for me....Planned on saving majority of my eating for later in the day even though we weren't really going to a party or anything just hanging out at home eating. Hubby got home late and just wanted salad and even though I hadn't hardly eaten all day I wasn't even hungry. Perks of this WOE for sure.....Did end up eating later, but was way under calories for the day....Very strange for me...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    One thing I highly recommend, particularly when you feel like total dog poop the next day, is to write it all out. Dig into the disgusting and painful details. Get gritty. Write yourself down like a warning label. And then save that document to your phone or print in out and put it on your bathroom/bedroom mirror. Make yourself read it any time you start thinking it wasn't that bad, that you can handle one day, etc. Or anytime BEFORE you consider a planned indulgence. Just like women can forget a traumatic labor experience and resume a sexual relationship with someone again, our minds gloss over the horrors and details of any painful experience. We forget how bad it really was...it's simple human nature and biology protecting us by allowing us to move on, etc.

(PTSD, legit, is a different animal here folks. Not minimizing IT at ALL.)

But seriously. Get down and dirty into those messy details. Joint pain? Didn't sleep well? Belly so full you were praying for a BM or flatulence? WRITE IT ALL DOWN. Don't waste that misery!!! Learn from it.
  • wimberleybonnette737
    Options
    Man I overate too (stayed under 20 carbs but still ate too much). Today I definitely was not hungry until much later than normal LOL. I agree with others, don't beat yourself up. Don't continue to punish yourself, but also just make sure to get back on track immediately. In my case I am already eating at maintenance so I am just eating a little less today and tomorrow to balance the amount of calories I took in yesterday. It's all about BALANCE! <3
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I just hated the way it made me feel, guilty and way too stuffed!

Honestly, I was surprised how full and bloaty I felt. Which is why I thought it would be so much worse than it was when I honestly logged everything.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ugh Super Bowl. It starts after midnight here. Had a delicious dinner of mussels with white wine and garlic, some all meat chili and was doing great! Then I just had to have a beer. And another beer. Went to bed at 5, up at 7 and felt like garbage all day. Under cals, and even under carbs, but I still feel bad about it. Oh well. Once a year.