plant based eaters and plant eaters:

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
lowest carb, highest fiber TASTY veggie burger patty:

go!

;)

I like Dr. Praegers and Don Lee Farms, but Morningstar farms has more fiber.

TIA

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    anyone?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I can't see the purpose in eating something that is supposed to be like meat but isn't. My wife is vegetarian solely because she can't stand the texture of meat, so things like veggie burgers don't appeal to her at all.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Garden Burgers and Dr Praegers because I liked that they weren't pretending to be beef. I liked seeing the veggies and grains in them.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I loooove veggies <3 But I eat predominantly unprocessed foods whatever macro. However I'm sympathetic to you trying to rally up some attention to veggie products!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I used to eat Garden Burgers and Dr Praegers because I liked that they weren't pretending to be beef. I liked seeing the veggies and grains in them.

I like Dr. Praegers for that reason as well!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Sorry. I can't see the purpose in eating something that is supposed to be like meat but isn't. My wife is vegetarian solely because she can't stand the texture of meat, so things like veggie burgers don't appeal to her at all.

I'm married to an asian vegetarian. We eat a lot of soy products but very few fake meats. We eat none of the fake fishes so common in asian foods.
    That said: I do REALLY ENJOY veggie burgers with or without a bun/bread.
    I often choose the veggie burger at our local burger joint because it's so damned tasty.

Doesn't matter if it looks like meat, really. It's tasty. And the ones I eat are pretty nutrient dense.

I like meat, don't get me wrong, but do love vegetarian options.
    And I'm always looking for a higher fiber option.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

There are folks seeking non-meat options who may not share your wife's aversion to meat texture (possibly others tuning in to this thread, for example).

Burgers, hot dogs, etc., have the force of billions of units in sales and a locomotive of marketing evolution behind them. Why roast other foods for piggybacking on familiar, popular sizes & shapes of fast meat? It would be silly if they didn't...
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I was vegetarian, pretty much everything was high carb. Dr. Praegers was the tastiest I've tried.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I think I've settled on:
    Don Lee and Dr. Praeger for the taste and nutrition, and morningstar farms chickpea when I'm looking for the slowest carb option.
    For dinner last night (hubs is out of town), I pan grilled a Don Lee in pesto, and added some veggies on the side. YUM.