Giving your fat away...

Options
BishopLord
BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
If you work in an area with a large amount of employees (co-workers, different departments, divisions, etc.) have you ever noticed that the smaller you got, the larger "someone" else becomes? I find that fascinating. I've noticed this trend ever since I entered the work force in the early 90's when I first started battling the bulge. It's like natures way of keeping a balance.

IMHO, it doesn't matter if it's a coincidence, it's still happening. I have two fellow co-workers in my section that are getting paunchier in the mid-section and had to buy new shirts. You know when a guy's getting bigger because he's now wearing button ups when previously he always used to wear the same polo shirts.

This is not a diss, just being observant.

Replies

• cr8ivewonder
    cr8ivewonder Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find this with my SO-usually because they eat what I'm not finishing, or passing up on! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think it's more that natural evolution is that folks get heavier with time in general, and we are just more attuned to notice it once we start dropping weight ourselves.

It could also be tangentially related to the fact that folks see you eating all your yummy foods and so they start eating those foods without subtracting out the carbs they normally consume, which we all know is not a good combination...
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    and we are just more attuned to notice it once we start dropping weight ourselves.
    This is probably it. Still find it funny, though. Not ha-ha funny, just a bit peculiar.