Am I normal??

Options
So my first week and a half I lost 15lbs. (I know, water weight) but the last week I haven't lost anything. I've even gone up a pound. I'm eating the exact same. I have over 150lbs to lose, so I was hoping it would go a little bit faster.
I'm just wondering if this is normal because I am enjoying eating this way, but I need to get this weight off.

Replies

• BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's normal. We all go through it. Quit thinking about losing weight, and focus on losing the extra body fat. Focus on how your clothes fit instead of what the scale is telling you.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    So my first week and a half I lost 15lbs. (I know, water weight) but the last week I haven't lost anything. I've even gone up a pound. I'm eating the exact same. I have over 150lbs to lose, so I was hoping it would go a little bit faster.
    I'm just wondering if this is normal because I am enjoying eating this way, but I need to get this weight off.

This is the fatal flaw of any "diet" or "way of eating". It's not "faster" for anyone, it took time to put it on and it'll take time to take off and more effort to boot. Be patient, keep calm and keto on!

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options

I started 12/11 and I've lost 16 lbs to date, so technically you could probably say that you are losing faster than me....

However, I am extremely happy with my loss and progress more due the way that I feel and the freedom from food that I'm experiencing, so maybe it would help to keep that in mind.

Also it's hard to comment on what might be happening without knowing more details about your macros, whether you are counting calories or not, etc.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Congrats on the -15 in only a week and a half. Great start. You probably won't come close to that ever again (which you know). Sit back and relax about the number on the scale. Weight loss isn't linear. Don't quit. Keep going.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Take measurements too! The scale is a liar!! Never allow the number to dictate your food choices! Patience will be rewarded!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!!!