Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cottage Cheese....Like it or not?

So, call me crazy, but I have NEVER eaten cottage cheese alone. I've only ever had it if it has been cooked in something so I don't really know what it tastes like. I have been wanting to try it, perhaps with fruit because I have heard that is good together. Would like to get input on how people like it and how you eat it!!

Replies

• gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    I love it with strawberries or kiwifruit. I'm sure any fruit will do!
  • Smrhoads
    Smrhoads Posts: 31
    Salt and pepper for me. Just finished my half cup bedtime snack!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,649 Member
    OMG LOVEEEEEE me some cottage cheese! Grew up eating it but stopped for a long time because those around me didnt like it. Now I really enjoy it all the more because its GOOD for me! :D I eat it plain jane!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    I love love love it by itself, but I'm unsure of which brand to buy. I bought one a while back that was really nasty and tasted nothing like what cottage cheese should taste like.

Which brands do you guys like best?
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Love cottage cheese. Add some black pepper, pineapple, or blueberries. Use it in place of Ricotta Cheese. A nice snack in the evening by itself. Love the stuff, anything goes.

Avoid the Wal-Mart brand, it is too bitter for my taste. We have Publix down here and their store brand of 2% is excellent, unfortunately you do not have any Publix's up your way.
  • returningmyfatsuit
    returningmyfatsuit Posts: 35 Member
    I prefer it by itself, sometimes with pepper.

If you don't like it, you can always cook it into something. When I have too much to eat, I make it into oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes. You'd never know it's in there!

I love it!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Like it plain or with fruit, Pears are my favorite. Also use it to cook with. You should give it a try, its delicious.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,164 Member
    I had it tonight as a side dish plain. I eat it that way a lot because having it with crackers would add to many carbs to my day.
  • returningmyfatsuit
    returningmyfatsuit Posts: 35 Member
    I buy "no name"
    It's cheap. I have bought other brands (maybe Dairyland or Beatrice) and can't say I've ever noticed any difference among any of them!
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Love it with lemon pepper and avocado or tomatoes and goes with pretty much any kind of fruit! I also put in pasta sauce
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    If you blend 1/2 cup of cottage cheese until smooth with Splenda and cinnamon, then mix it up with a chopped apple - it is sooooo good :love:
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    I love my cottage cheese with mandarin oranges or fresh pineapple. YUMMY!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    I haven't been able to eat it, smell it or even look at it since HS Honors Bio class. We made it in class. YUCK.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    I cannot eat it. Tastes gross to me and the texture freaks me out.
    My husband loves it! He eats it straight out of the container, no add-in.

The only way I will eat it, is in a protein shake, then it's blended and doesn't taste like cottage cheese anymore :tongue:
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    I like sliced peaches on top of my cottage cheese! I rarely eat dairy anymore, but I always grew up eating cottage cheese with black pepper as a side to every meal - usually some form of potatoes, meat, and cottage cheese with bread and butter for every meal with the family.
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    If you blend 1/2 cup of cottage cheese until smooth with Splenda and cinnamon, then mix it up with a chopped apple - it is sooooo good :love:

I have to try this...never thought to BLEND it!

I've always hated the texture of cottage cheese!
  • SFBarbear
    SFBarbear Posts: 146
    LOVE IT and I miss it dearly on my Keto diet. I can basically have 3 tablespoons but don't trust myself enough to stop.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    It's funny, I like it but only once in a while... like twice a year. If I buy a 500 ml container I can only get through about a third of it.

Sadly, my favourite way to enjoy cottage cheese is in lasagne. :blushing:
  • cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    I do love cottage cheese. Preferably with pineapple.
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    I love cottage cheese, if it is cooked in dishes or by itself - yummy!

I eat it a lot as a snack (sometimes with a bit of pepper and chili) together with raw veggies.as a kind of dip!

I don't like the sweet version (eg with cinnamon) though... :-/

Have a great day!