Cottage Cheese....Like it or not?

Options

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    As weird as it sounds it is PERFECT in smoothies. Makes shakes creamy and thick
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I place cottage cheese on my salads and and skip salad dressing. I also eat with fruit, peaches or pineapple are my favorites.
  • Cpsnisi
    Cpsnisi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff! Always have. Plain or with pepper or with fruit, usually pineapple or strawberries, or a dip for whole grain crackers. Yum.

The lowfat (1%) is a great source of lean protein. I'll serve it as a side with dinner when it's been a low protein day, or offer it as an alternate protein choice for my kids when when they don't like what I made :tongue:

One of my friends swears it's delicious with French dressing. Can't say myself, I don't like French dressing.

I like the oregano idea someone posted. Definitely going to try that!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love it. Especially the large curd kind (hard to find in low fat). Just a little black pepper and sometimes cucumbers to use as "chips" to dip in it.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My fiance eats it by the pint. i cant even tolerate it cooked into stuff. my grandma gets canned pear halves, puts a lump of cottage cheese, and tops it with a marachino cherry. im dying a little just typing that....:(
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love it with strawberries, blueberries, or pineapple. Or all of them.
  • raytastic06
    raytastic06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! Had it for breakfast this morning with some pears...yummy!
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's one of my all time favorite foods. But some brands are really gross. I hate the kinds that are really dry. I usually buy Darigold 2% but the last container I got of it was a bit on the dry side.

^^ This. I love cottage cheese, but sometimes when I get it, it seems like it's really dry and that's no good. I like pineapples or peaches with mine, but I also like it plain. I've never had it with salt or pepper, I guess I'll have to try that?? I can't imagine it, haha. But definitely know that the moist-er cottage cheese is better than the dry. :)
  • farkleberrypinerd
    Options
    I'm not a fan but my mom ADORES the stuff, started eating it like twice a day when she found out it was so protein-packed. She calls it her "superfood" and eats it plain. xD

I think I'd eat it with jam, if I were going to eat any. But I'm happy just leaving it to my mom. ^^
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love it with lemon pepper and avocado or tomatoes and goes with pretty much any kind of fruit! I also put in pasta sauce
    I have never tried it with avocado (this is a must to try tonight with dinner). I have always eaten mine with pineapple, peaches or pears or on the side with pasta with red sauce.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with the consistency!!!!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    This is probably gonna sounds super weird... but I grew up eating cottage cheese with mashed potatoes. I'm vegan now so I don't eat dairy, but it was a really good combo lol.
  • weemawhit
    weemawhit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love it! I usually mix a little up with my salads, rather than dressing. Give it a try sometime! :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I want to like it but I just can't get over the texture.
  • skinnierin
    skinnierin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVVVEEE IT!!!!! I usually eat it as a snack with some dried cranberries!!! Delish!!!:drinker:
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness I cannot even look at it without wanting to hurl. I think it's a texture issue or something. Not sure. My mom eats it all the time though. With pepper, or with applesauce. :p
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a splash of habanerro suace.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like it. I buy the "no salt added" store brand. Basically, it doesn't taste very strongly of anything on its own. It's so bland you can use it for anything really. I often put a little dab of pesto in it.

The regular cottage cheese that has something like 480mg of sodium just tastes like salt to me.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Love it.
    Though I tend to prefer the brands higher in sodium, which probably isn't a good thing...
    I used to add All Bran flakes to it for some crunch, until I started trying to cut down on my carbs. It's great on its own though.
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    LOVE IT! Well, fat-free.... blech

4% full fat... ohmygoodness so rich and creamy and delish!