Anyone following a Paleo diet?

Options
nomorepuke
nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
I know there's a lot of Keto dieters in this group. I was just wondering if anyone was following a Paleo diet. If so, how long have you been doing this and have you noticed any positive changes in your body/health?

Replies

• nomorepuke
    Options
    I guess not lol
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You only waited 38 minutes for a reply?
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My wife was, but she has joined me on LCHF. It keeps things simple.
  • nomorepuke
    Options
  • nomorepuke
    Options
    I modified a little bit. I use whole milk, full fat yogurt and salt. ;)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Don't eat salt? lol ok
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think I sort of fit a primal description, although it wasn't my aim. Those paleo foods are all in my diet but I include full fat dairy and salt.... I had no idea salt was not paleo. Huh.

And the occasional processed food. I had a diet cola this weekend.
  • nomorepuke
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Don't eat salt?

Some people follow this diet because of health issues and intolerance on certain types of foods. Some people just don't tolerate salt or starch
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I only eat animal products and a little bit of coconut oil but I don't buy grass fed meats. I can't afford it. So I buy what I can. I eat dairy and I definitely eat salt! lol I've never heard of that being excluded before. Maybe they meant refined salt?
    I don't eat fruits or vegetables or nuts or seeds. Other than a rare tiny amount that's more a garnish than a serving. Too much tummy trouble for me.
  • nomorepuke
    Options
    I only eat animal products and a little bit of coconut oil but I don't buy grass fed meats. I can't afford it. So I buy what I can. I eat dairy and I definitely eat salt! lol I've never heard of that being excluded before. Maybe they meant refined salt?
    I don't eat fruits or vegetables or nuts or seeds. Other than a rare tiny amount that's more a garnish than a serving. Too much tummy trouble for me.

You don't eat vegetables?
  • sarodriguez372
    sarodriguez372 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started experimenting with a keto way of eating back in October .... after a few weeks I did notice some weight loss but holidays came and enjoyed some holiday time for a few weeks. After the holidays I started back but gave paleo way of eating a shot and I must say I find paleo much easier to follow. I'm lactose intolerant so it's much easier to make this a good plan to folllow. I have been following paleo now for about 4 weeks with just having a few cheat meals one being my birthday dinner last week. I feel less bloated when I go to bed at night . I stay full through the day that I don't even need snacks because my meals are full of proteins and healthy fats. I look up recipes on you tube
    Just made couliflower rice last week and I love it!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    nomorepuke wrote: »

You don't eat vegetables?

Nope.
    I don't seem to be able to digest them properly. Even after many months of probiotic use trying to work things out. I tried not eating them and problem solved.
  • nomorepuke
    Options
    Hello, I started experimenting with a keto way of eating back in October .... after a few weeks I did notice some weight loss but holidays came and enjoyed some holiday time for a few weeks. After the holidays I started back but gave paleo way of eating a shot and I must say I find paleo much easier to follow. I'm lactose intolerant so it's much easier to make this a good plan to folllow. I have been following paleo now for about 4 weeks with just having a few cheat meals one being my birthday dinner last week. I feel less bloated when I go to bed at night . I stay full through the day that I don't even need snacks because my meals are full of proteins and healthy fats. I look up recipes on you tube
    Just made couliflower rice last week and I love it!

That's awesome. I also found it easer to follow. I didn't even know I was actually doing a Paleo till later. I'd just tired of trashy food and how they made me feel. I had 3 cheat days in a row in the beginning of my diet. It's been over a month now, I have absolutely no cravings for junk food at all. I've lost about 21lbs, but I can't give all the credits to this diet. I do a lot of weight training at the same time.
    I used to take antidepressants, haven't taken for the last 2 weeks which is amazing. My doctor is super happy with my diet.
    Yes, Paleo diet recipes are amazing!!!
  • nomorepuke
    Options
    0d3mf7cec3la.jpg
    Got the fish recipe from this site, sorry I was eating in bed lol.
  • sarodriguez372
    sarodriguez372 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love fish that looks great!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My diet is less paleo than it used to be since going very low carb just over a year ago, but I'm definitely an advocate of clean eating and I eliminated as much processed food as possible from my life about 10 years ago - fortunately I like to cook (I'm not obsessive about it, but in general you won't find any tinned, boxed, or even frozen food in my house and you definitely won't catch me eating any type of ready meal). I do deviate though, as I will grab a protein bar or shake in an emergency and dairy is back in my life in full force, though I am trying currently to kick my cheese habit. And like others above, I haven't seen salt on a paleo food exclusion list before, but despite my handle on MFP, I'm really not really into labels or being told what I can and can't eat, so I'm not too worried about it. I do also eat bacon, which is a new habit that I actually think I've finally managed to kick. No judgement on those who like their bacon (nearly everyone in here), I enjoy the taste, I just don't like the way it makes me feel.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    If you say you eat a "modified Paleo" then NO you do not eat Paleo. If you name 3 items on the do not eat list that you DO eat then NO you do not eat Paleo. You can say you eat "close to" Paleo. I eat "close to Paleo" but I consume diary and salt and some legumes (really only peanuts and peanut butter but I'm not sure the last time I even had those). Diary and salt is daily for me.

I think most people that eat LCHF eat "close to" Paleo by default. When you eat low carb, you are immediately eliminating cereal grains, potatos, and refined sugars.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    If you say you eat a "modified Paleo" then NO you do not eat Paleo. If you name 3 items on the do not eat list that you DO eat then NO you do not eat Paleo. You can say you eat "close to" Paleo. I eat "close to Paleo" but I consume diary and salt and some legumes (really only peanuts and peanut butter but I'm not sure the last time I even had those). Diary and salt is daily for me.

I think most people that eat LCHF eat "close to" Paleo by default. When you eat low carb, you are immediately eliminating cereal grains, potatos, and refined sugars.

The problem with this, is that no one can even agree on wtf Paleo is.

NSFW warning on the following links.
    http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2015/07/hey-paleotards-youre-doing-it-wrong.html
    http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2015/07/paleotards-are-doing-it-wrong-part-deux.html
    http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2015/08/paleotards-are-doing-it-wrong-part-trois.html
    http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2015/10/paleotards-are-doing-it-wrong-part.html
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Whole30 for 2 weeks now which is paleo. I think I like lchf better but I'm waiting to finish the experiment first. I feel like paleo has more thinking involved and more food preparation.