2/13/17 check in

Options
deneenae
deneenae Posts: 97 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Whoops, forgot to check in yesterday, but here I am... So my major concern is controlling myself on weekends. I did better than expected this past weekend and it was probably because I joined this group. I was thinking, "man, I don't want to report that I just gave in and ate what I wanted and too much of it."

So Friday, went out to dinner and a movie. Not really dinner because we were running late so I got a small popcorn and wine, then after I had a chicken taco. It was an effing good taco. The best I've had in Denver! I was still within calorie goal. So score! Day 1 of weekend accomplished.

Day 2 (Saturday): Woke up early and hiked with the hubs at a local trail. It was awesome. Then we ate at a diner for breakfast. I ordered eggs benedict, but again I thought "man, I don't want to report that I just gave in and ate what I wanted and too much of it." So I ate half! That's amazing because eggs benedict are my favorite breakfast item. I also am trying to do more mindful eating, so pausing mid-meal helps me reassess where I'm at in satiety. I also drank huge glasses of water mid-meal. The rest of the day I grazed and logged. At the end of the day, the hubs tried convincing me to go to a burger place and I was already close to calorie goal. So we walked instead. He gave me a huge guilt trip for not going to the burger place, but I told him I didn't want to feel crappy in the morning and get a stomach ache. He's still getting accustomed to me not eating as much as I used to. I remember I could eat a whole Domino's Pizza at one point in my life.

Day 3 (Sunday): Grazed most of the day on food here an there. I downloaded an app called "Am I Hungry" and it has helped me assess how I feel and gives tips on how to handle food cravings. So when I got the urge to snack, I used the app to assess myself. If I found I was craving food out of habit, I had a low-cal vegetable snack, like cucumbers. I wait to eat until I'm like a 7 to 10 on my hunger scale.

So all in all, I consider my weekend a victory. I didn't go to town and stuff my face! If I can get over this one weekend, I can with future weekends. I just need to keep reminding myself about that.

By the way, I got my body fat measured with a BodPod yesterday and I'm 41% fat! Almost half my body is fat! Some of you may have read that on my status update and I got some encouraging words of advice back. I was a little disappointed, but like many of them said, that's my baseline. It really helps to have others in my ring empathize. So that afternoon I stuck with the strength training workout... I was really contemplating skipping it.

Until next time...

Denee

Replies