1/28/17 - 352.6 (-4.6/7.0)
    2/4/17 - 347.0 (-5.6/12.6)

Today is a good day. :)

Way to go, bud!
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Brenda, I usually see folks who do LC only eat 20g of carbs per day. I couldn't do that, so if 60g is still somewhat low, I'll take it. In 2010, I lost nearly 100 lbs. on Medifast. My daily carb intake was between 85-100g and the weight just came off, but I didn't feel good. If I eat that many in a day, I'm not bothered by it, because I'm making very good food choices nearly all of the time. Also, since reading more about net carbs, I'm feeling a lot better about certain foods.

Today is my splurge day, which I have every two weeks. We're going to have burritos, bean dip, tortilla chips, and a meat/veggie tray. I also picked up a six pack of my favorite IPA's. My window usually begins at around 400-430p, and I'll extend it some into the early evening while the Super Bowl is on. I love chips, veggies, meats, and cheese, so I'm sure I'll be diggin' in pretty hardcore, but today has been planned for a while and I will have no regrets.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your splurge!!!
  • ShantelRae72
    ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi glad to have you on here as a friend
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Go Ed!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    1/4/17 - Start
    1/14/17 - 359.6
    1/21/17 - 357.2 (-2.4/2.4)
    1/28/17 - 352.6 (-4.6/7.0)
    2/4/17 - 347.0 (-5.6/12.6)

Today is a good day. :)

You are amazing! I am particularly interested in your progress. I am looking forward to more updates from you!

You rock!
  • vinyladdict
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5y5tn6q6ggmj.jpg
    oer1jy1yszma.jpg

Meatless Wednesday!

Calories - 1240

450 three Carb Smart tortillas (includes scrambled eggs, sour cream, guacamole, refried bean, colby shredded cheese, and salsa)
    350 scrambled eggs & mushrooms
    100 steamed veggies
    190 Kashi cereal
    70 6 oz 1% milk
    80 frozen fruit

The tortillas were AWESOME.
  • vinyladdict
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Up two pounds. Bleh.

I did eat a monstrosity of a salad yesterday and drank a bunch of water. I'll go against my weekly weigh in and try again in a day or two.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Looking at my daily weigh-ins, there are several where I'm +0.5, +1.0, or +1.5 (apart from splurge days). No idea why I get these bumps, but the overall trend is still down. Hang in there!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every day but was getting discouraged if I wasn't losing fast enough so now I weigh on Saturdays only.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Hang in there!
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every day but was getting discouraged if I wasn't losing fast enough so now I weigh on Saturdays only.

I think I'm going to start weekly weighing too. The daily fluctuations make me feel as though I'm not making any progress.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    t4bva15soom7.png

Here is the difference for me, you can see the daily fluctuations vs. weekly. Weekly shows progress, daily is kind of a 'head game'.

• vinyladdict
    Options
    q9emtx0sbwiu.jpg

Trying to incorporate one or two 600 calorie days each week. Here's a pound of steamed veggies and 7oz of Tyson chicken tenders with a little bit of wasabi and light soy sauce. A little over 1.5lbs of food plus lots of water should keep me satiated until tomorrow. I used to do this once or twice I week and it really helped my weight loss.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Looks awesome!
  • vinyladdict
    Options
    Decided to weigh in this morning and am up again, over six pounds since a week and a half ago. I've been on plan, eating at 1500 calories or less per day and drinking lots of water. No calories during my fasted state as well. I'm very discouraged right now.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert but maybe your body is in a bit of shock from you working in a couple very low calorie days. I know you're discouraged but keep following the plan and you're sure to see the scale going in the other direction very soon.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    A good time to look back at the progress you've made so far. Hold on to the discipline, maybe binge-watch more of Joe's videos. You got this. It's only a bad 1.5 weeks, you are in this for the long haul.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Decided to weigh in this morning and am up again, over six pounds since a week and a half ago. I've been on plan, eating at 1500 calories or less per day and drinking lots of water. No calories during my fasted state as well. I'm very discouraged right now.

Be careful going too low. That amount of effort can discourage you if you don't see immediate results which we sometimes don't see due to being constipated, retaining water, etc. I think if you stick to your 1500 cal plan you will get there!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't just rely on the scales... do you measure yourself as well? Do you see any difference in inches?