Big Ed's Accountability Thread

Replies

• vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    Thanks again for the encouragement, everyone. One of the reasons why people fail when it comes to weight loss is a lack of patience and overthinking things. In the past, I've been able to lose considerable amounts of weight early on and to see a jump like this is startling. I'm also very hard on myself and will try to find ways that it's all my fault in terms of the decisions I make instead of things that are out of my control.

@1MADGIRL, I haven't done any kind of measurements and simply rely on how clothes feel. Lately, they've been feeling better, but even so, I can't figure out how that is only losing a few pounds when I have so much to lose.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    It could be just water weight, I bet next week's weigh in will be a loss...dont get too discouraged .
  • vinyladdict
    I plan on weighing again on Saturday and have high hopes. Regardless of what the scale says, I know that I'm doing the right things with what I know. My journey will only get better, even though complications will come up.

@brendagaudette, I'm considering doing a second day of 5:2 tomorrow or possibly doing a 48 hour fast. Figuring out how my body works will be an ongoing process and I'm up for the challenge. :)
  • Brendalea69
    I fast every Friday...No food for me till Saturday morning which will be about 40 hours :)
  • vinyladdict
    edited February 2017
    @brendagaudette I'd appreciate any tips you would be willing to share. Thank you.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I plan on weighing again on Saturday and have high hopes. Regardless of what the scale says, I know that I'm doing the right things with what I know. My journey will only get better, even though complications will come up.

@brendagaudette, I'm considering doing a second day of 5:2 tomorrow or possibly doing a 48 hour fast. Figuring out how my body works will be an ongoing process and I'm up for the challenge. :)

Be careful doing that though. I find if I get too aggressive, it can set of a binge for me.
  • Brendalea69
    I'll tell you what I do...Sunday through Thursday I eat LC and OMAD and on Friday I fast all day then on Saturday I have my Splurge Day...I will continue to do this until I get a stall and if that happens I might add in another fasting day which would probably be on Sunday...I don't count my carbs but it's below 50 for sure and probably even below 20 and I count the net carbs which is carbs minus the fiber...I only drink water while I'm fasting and sometimes I will drink LC Hot Chocolate with a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil before my meal.
  • blambo61
    I'll tell you what I do...Sunday through Thursday I eat LC and OMAD and on Friday I fast all day then on Saturday I have my Splurge Day...I will continue to do this until I get a stall and if that happens I might add in another fasting day which would probably be on Sunday...I don't count my carbs but it's below 50 for sure and probably even below 20 and I count the net carbs which is carbs minus the fiber...I only drink water while I'm fasting and sometimes I will drink LC Hot Chocolate with a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil before my meal.

That is dedication.
  • Brendalea69
    blambo61 I don't know how I do it, It's the first time in my entire life I've stuck to something for this long and I have no plans of stopping :)
  • vinyladdict
    side6dueom5z.png

Weight loss is weird. Down 4.4 lbs in two days after having a big jump the last week and a half.
  • Brendalea69
    :)
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    @brenda. I just read your weekly diet. That's an awesome way to eat.
  • vinyladdict
    Is it OK to have coffee or tea during a long fast? I'm going to attempt a 48 hour run that will end tomorrow afternoon.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited February 2017
    NM
  • Brendalea69
    Is it OK to have coffee or tea during a long fast? I'm going to attempt a 48 hour run that will end tomorrow afternoon.

I only drink water but some people drink bullet proof coffee and tea but I think it's just a personal choice.
  • vinyladdict
    I decided against a 48 hour water fast as I don't feel my body is ready for it yet. Instead, I incorporated my second 5:2 day yesterday and had some steamed veggies with some chicken tenders. I also had a few mixed beverages while in my window.

Again, weight loss is so weird. I'm down 8.8 lbs since my Wednesday weigh in that was upsetting and didn't make much sense.

Onward!
  • blambo61
    I decided against a 48 hour water fast as I don't feel my body is ready for it yet. Instead, I incorporated my second 5:2 day yesterday and had some steamed veggies with some chicken tenders. I also had a few mixed beverages while in my window.

Again, weight loss is so weird. I'm down 8.8 lbs since my Wednesday weigh in that was upsetting and didn't make much sense.

Onward!

Water retention, constipation most likely.
  • vinyladdict
    Today will be mine and my wife's every two week splurge day. Headed up to my Mom's, who I haven't seen since Christmas to go to our favorite Chinese buffet in Washington, PA. I eat a lot of meat and vegetables when we go, but I also can't stay away from the sushi bar. Sushi is my favorite food!

In the past, I'd eat so much fried foods and junk at these kind of places. What's great is that I can load up on the better foods and have no guilt.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I eat a lot of meat and vegetables when we go, but I also can't stay away from the sushi bar. Sushi is my favorite food!

I love sushi! I wish someone had made me try it long ago, I only started eating it 2 years ago :) I started with the daily delivered, but still cold, grocery store California rolls, and now I'm a sushi snob lol. I'm all about texture with food, so raw fish, while is surprisingly delish, is hard for me to stomach.
  • Brendalea69
    I love Chinese Buffet, enjoy your splurge day :)