Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• dianalorey
    dianalorey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too have been logging my food and exercise faithfully and still gaining! It's only 3 pounds a year. I have had this since 1996 that's where the doctors had to remove part of my thyroid.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I feel your Pain as I have the same difficulty as you. I have to practically starve, (1500 calories per day) myself and kill my self at the gym, (I get in my 10,000 steps plus I ride an average of 15 miles per day on my bike at 12mph) to lose anything at all. The moment I ease up I gain back the weight I lost. Its so frustrating I am not trying to get to an unrealistic weight or anything I am just trying to get to a minimum weight that is healthy for my height and age.
    lin7604 wrote: »
    I've felt with being hypo for 18 years. Back in 2012 I started to get into fitness and eating right to lose what I was gaining! I did... very very slowly! Now after the last year hitting road blocks I have gained again! Of course ! Yet this time trying to lose it is impossible and I just keep gaining! They say my labs are normal and no one will switch my meds or dose! What does one do? I've been better with my eating And exercising faithfully yet when I stepped on the scale today I gained again, now at my highest since 2014/15.

same boat here. it took four years of running and diligent calorie restriction to lose 15 pounds, and in the last year i gained it all back. AAARGH!
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've have similar frustrations with my weight over the last couple of years. I was on weight watchers for a while and lost weight, switched to MFP and tracked everything almost to obsession and got within 5kg of my goal weight. I had a body composition scan to determine my body fat percentage and was told my RMR (resting metabolic rate) was 1800 cals so I tried to stick to that. Then almost 2 years ago it started creeping back. I've maintained regular exercise that varies, watch my calories hardly drink and consulted a dietitian to no avail. My GP had me slightly higher than norm and I'm still porking up. The same GP put the gain down to stress. Quite possible since work has been a struggle but, still doesn't address the issue. This is more complex than the usual calorie in/out argument that gets bantered about here.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Well I had made a decision to stop taking my meds! Call me crazy! I just found I wasn't feeling any better on them then off and I now have no insurance! So I made the decision to stop them and in April go get done labs done and see where things are hanging out on their own.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I call it brave of you. So sorry to read of your insurance problem, I hope someone else on your side of the world can give you some relevant advice. Please let us know how you go on. Its hard trying to work out what is right for oneself.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Thx. I just looked at it like the meds weren't doing well as it was. I just keep getting my dose upped yet feel no better. So with no coverage now I figured what do I have to lose! I try and see and if I feel really crappy or my numbers go way up then I'll go back on it and figure out how I can afford it. So far I am only tired daily. Lazy and really tired but that's it. But that's no different then how I used to feel, lol