MSM

Options
Patti2008
Patti2008 Posts: 48 Member
For those who use it, how much do you take? What brand?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I get mine from vitacost and it's their generic brand. I take 3-1,500mg tablets 3x/day - so 12.5g/day. I started with just 1 tablet 3x/day and increased from there. I never had any digestive issues with it, but some people do in the beginning. Dosage depends on the purpose, if it's preventative, then less, if you are treating something specific, then dosage would be based on what you are treating. For me, it's carpal tunnel which starts at 9g/day as a treatment.

Vitacost did not have them on sale last I checked but their prices are reasonable...they did have free shipping on orders with $25 of VC brand stuff...not sure if they are still running that...sometimes they do the MSM at bogo 1/2 off, and when that happens I really stock up!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I used to take straight DMSO from Dr. Jacobs, but once he passed away I switched to MSM. I use Swanson brand. I've had good results with pain relief and increased mobility (although the DMSO was much better even though the smell was terrible).
    I recommend taking your MSM with Vit C.
    Editing to say I use the powder, 1 scoop in the morning. I believe it equals 5 grams.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I like and use this brand:

http://www.kalahealth.com/msm_capsules.htm

I take 4 capsules every day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. 1 capsule = 1,000mg (or 1 gram) X 4 = 4,000mg.
  • Patti2008
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to give it a try for pain and hair loss.
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Powder: (click to be take to Amazon)
    71B18bAnKmL._SY355_.jpg

I fill three 000 veggie caps with the powder, as putting it in water and drinking it is disgusting, yuk!

Also, I have this:

611w2VXOzqL._SY355_.jpg
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Patti2008 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to give it a try for pain and hair loss.

Nothing beats Minoxidil.
    For me, it took about a month, applying twice a day, to see new growth:
    803351_4718640598615_2138528036_n.jpg
  • Patti2008
    Options
    Wow! That sure did work!