Continuing the Grind

13»

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Congrats on your accomplishments!!!!!
  • Be9465
    Be9465 Posts: 36 Member
    Started off last week with my calories continuing to decline so I decided to eat when I wake up just to try and fit in some more calories. Since then I wake up wanting to eat again which can't be a bad thing right? So anyway back up to like 1400 calorie a day average and with that came the dreaded zero loss week!!! Oh no, what do I do now? What should I change? My answer for this week is absolutely nothing. I did lose 6 lbs last week which may have been too much at this point? I dont know I'm not an expert. I feel even more energized with the extra calories. The workouts have gotten easier, added 2 extra exercises per workout and my strength has climbed 10 lbs. per exercise! Well, I am going to switch back to 6 workouts per week because I'm actually enjoying workouts again. Seeing my strength climb and my body change has been hugely motivating the past 11 weeks.

SW: 283
    Last week: 242
    CW:242

Picture update next week, so there's that to look forward to and stay motivated for right?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Well, I for one am glad to see you upped your calories. 1400 calories is still a mighty low amount for a 36 year old male who weighs 242 (yes, I realize you're here to lower that) and works out 6 times a week. I'm not surprised the workouts have gotten easier when upping the calories.

• Be9465
    Another week of no weight loss, but I'm thinking I have added some muscle and have continued losing fat which is the main goal. Picture update is 4 weeks ago 250 lbs. Today 242 lbs. My calories have been around 1600-1500 since adding breakfast back in.4un2nowitlhj.png
  • Be9465
    In the right lighting with the right filter I found a bicep!!! LOL80n374z4ci3p.jpg
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Cadori wrote: »
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I hear you about the Red Robin bottomless fries! I used to enjoy those quite a bit, so I know to steer clear these days! :D

Congrats on the progress so far! Let us know how we can help. And welcome to the group!

My husband and I were at a Red Robin just yesterday. I had one of their $6.99 tavern burgers as a lettuce wrap and swapped out the fries for steamed broccoli. The waiter agreed with me that somehow "bottomless broccoli" lacks the sexiness of "bottomless fries."

*They* may not be sexy, but they help *you* be sexy. :wink:
    The bottomless broccoli is a lot sexier if you want to fit into the lacy teddy

Yes (check box), I sooooo want to fit (back) into that lazy teddy! :*

I have such a mental image lol
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Definite progress. I also went back and looked at your original pic for the full overview. Yep. Great progress. The visual of the flex arm versus the non flexed is telling.
  • Be9465
    Week 13. Lost 3 more lbs this week after no change in the scale for 2 weeks. 44 lbs. gone since November 22. Since starting keto I've had about 1 cheat meal per month. Each time I eat a calorie and carb laden meal after breaking the 260 mark the 250 mark and now I broke the 240 mark. So this coming weekend I fully intend to do it again!! Only I'm changing the term to a treat meal because I'm not really cheating if it's planned I think. It's strange to me that some days I feel so much healthier and I can see a huge difference in how I look now compared to 13 weeks ago, then I have days where I feel like I'm not making any progress and am disappointed with how I look. It is a grind every day and not seeing immediate changes daily kind of takes the wind out of my sails. It was definitely tough not seeing any change on the scale for 2 weeks and not freaking out and change everything. I have been on the verge of experimenting with carb cycling just to try something to get the scale moving again. My calories were at 1600 daily the past week after they had steadily declined down to 1200 a day one week, 1091 a day another week. I had to switch from 1 really big meal followed by a snack 3-4 hours later 20/4 IF. To a 16/8 IF just to get the extra calories in. Made some huge jumps to my strength and energy in the gym so I think I will stick with the 16/8 protocol. This was also my second week of 6 weight training sessions per week and I'm really enjoying my time at the gym. It's actually becoming less of a burden and more like a hobby! I started off checking in here as a way of holding myself accountable to sticking with getting healthy. I don't think I need it anymore and think this is going to be my last check in. I will continue to be a lurker on the group and maybe throw in any advice or help I can give if I can.

Last week: 242
    CW: 239
  • Be9465
    17 weeks in. Weight loss has slowed quite a bit. 9 lbs the last 4 weeks. Decided to check in again because I have now lost a total of 53 lbs since November 22nd and I'm just excited about how much better I look and feel and just wanted to share for motivation. It helps me seeing other people's progress to stay motivated so thought I'd share. dn4mkvc7qe4z.jpg
    wgs99y4nt07y.jpg
  • Be9465
    Oh forgot to add.

CW: 230
  • CutieCait123
    CutieCait123 Posts: 39 Member
    Be9465 wrote: »
    So I couldn't resist the urge to jump on the scale midweek and sure enough down to 248, so I went to my local Mexican joint to celebrate, and slobbed down on a giant burrito, my weight in chips and salsa, some rice and beans, and a giant Margarita, YUM!!!!! To my suprise and elation, I weighed in today at..... 248. So 2 more lbs gone and hoping to never see the 250's again.

Last week: 250
    CW: 248

so with this being said I'm assuming that breaking diet didn't effect you much?
  • CutieCait123
    CutieCait123 Posts: 39 Member
    Also curious, when you accomplish your overall goal do you intend to say screw keto and consume carbs again?
  • Be9465
    I usually will fast when I'm going to have a free meal which has been about once a month. The free meal will be my only meal for the day. I was only weighing once a week at that time but now I weigh every day and when I do sneak in a meal full of carbs, the most gain I have seen has been 2 lbs. I intend to eat mostly a ketogenic diet for the rest of my life but will just add more treat meals like every other weekend have one. I mean I don't crave carbs, but I do love the taste when I eat em!