Calories and LCHF

Options
2»

Replies

• englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, I track and watch calorie counts on Keto. When I don't, I don't lose or I gain a bit. That said, I do find it easier to stay at or under calorie on Keto b/c I'm satisfied and not walking around like a hangry woman. But it's a fine line. With beef tenderloin and horseradish cream, glorious cheeses, deviled eggs, I can go overboard if I'm not tracking.

Deviled eggs!! Thank you for reminding me about these delicious little things.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I always keep an eye on calories but I am not as anal about it as I was before starting this WOE. As said before, I find that I often have not-hungry days and can't close my diary anyway so no big deal. Once you have adjusted to eating this way, it is much easier to 'hear' the signals that your body has been giving you all along and now that I can hear them and pay attention to them, I really don't over-eat the way I did before starting this WOE (even with super fatty delicious food :D ).
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I have days when I have to have fat bombs to get to the MFP limit, otherwise I can't submit my diary.

You can log without hitting the "Complete My Entry" button and retain all functionality.

I know, but I really don't want to eat below 1000 cals as my BMR is higher than that, so it keeps me on track. If I haven't paid attention to the numbers just entered the food and forgot about the meals, submitting reminds me if I went too low.

With this WOE I rarely go over my goal for the day, that usually involves lots of wine, chocolates, and being a slug for the day.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It's so personal to each person. I have always been someone who has tracked and measured and counted calories and I continued to do that when I started keto in December. I didn't have a ton to lose so now that I'm getting down closer to where I think my goal weight will be I have been experimenting with loosely tracking meaning I keep track of really only my carbs and just eating what I know to eat when I want to eat it and I've still been doing well. Still lost a few pounds.

But I agree that if you get to a point where winging it is no longer working for you it might be a good idea to track more strictly and get an idea of where hidden carbs/calories might be so you can get back on track.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth but I'm currently tracking both carbs and calories.
  • carrie091475
    carrie091475 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is really hard to keep my calories in check...I'm either really hungry (or think I am) or just really want to be eating (love, love, love food!) I'm not trying to lose weight but want to burn off some of the extra fat layers over my muscles - have gained a few pounds since starting keto diet. I may consider switching to carb cycling which I've done in the past - mentally I may need the act of eating (more) to satisfy me ;). For now....I'm giving keto more time to see if physically and mentally I can adjust and take advantage of the fat-burning.