White pizza?

lar25473
lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
Does anyone have a good white pizza recipe that can be categorized as "healthy"? :P

Replies

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    are you talking of white sauce? I mixed fat free Greek yogurt with ranch dressing and it was yummy...still a bit high in calories but lower then a normal ranch pizza. I also hear people use coli flowers but aim not that brave lol
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    I make my white pizza with the cauliflower alfredo recipe on the mfp blog, then 1/2 the amount of cheese with broccoli, carrots, spinach and a drizzle of balsalmic!
  • sassafrassa1284
    sassafrassa1284 Posts: 8 Member
    Its not going to be the same, but ultra skim milk is has a thickener in it that makes it taste like 2%. You could use that and some unflavored gelatin to give it a more 'alfredo' texture. Add fresh garlic and a little white onion so minced that its almost like a paste. Add a tbsp or 2 of Parmesan, some oregano, salt and pepper and just keep seasoning until it's the way you like it.

I know a lot of people are turned off by using knox gelatin to thicken things, but it's the same as using corn starch or flour but with WAY less calories.

Anyway, my favorite white pizza is that sauce, roasted chicken, very slightly pickled red onions, steamed broccoli florets, and fresh spinach. Little bit of Mozzarella on top.

The 'pickled' onions are just thinly sliced red onions that have sat in a little bit of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and salt, for about an hour. It takes that raw bite away but still leaves all of the crispness and the flavor.
  • debhig10
    debhig10 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Makes sauce for 4 pizzas (1/4 cup each pizza) - 196 calories each pizza

Ingredients:
    2Tb unsalted butter
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    3Tb all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp dried oregano
    1C milk
    1/2C Parmesan cheese

Directions:
    Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, cooking for 30 seconds before whisking in flour, pepper, salt and oregano. Whisk to combine well. Slowly add milk, whisking until well combined. Continue whisking occasionally until desired thickness is reached. Remove from heat, stir in cheese until smooth. It's yummy!!!