croftie4
croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
So it is tasty and worth a try?

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I like it but I like the keto focciacco bread better for my chicken bacon avocado sandwhich
  • croftie4
    Options
    Gosh that sounds nice I'll look it up
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I love focaccia bread, but since I'm on a medically therapeutic ketogenic diet there is not enough room in my diet for most keto breads even though they are much better than regular... :(
  • croftie4
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I love focaccia bread, but since I'm on a medically therapeutic ketogenic diet there is not enough room in my diet for most keto breads even though they are much better than regular... :(

I just so wanted bread today and wheat and gluten mean I can't so trying to get over it and alternatives in shop have sugar and I can't have that either.

• swezeytba
    Options
    croftie4 wrote: »

I just so wanted bread today and wheat and gluten mean I can't so trying to get over it and alternatives in shop have sugar and I can't have that either.

I bet someone on here has a recipe for you.....there are many gluten free low carb bread recipes it seems.....I love the fat head pizza crust recipe. You can make it into crackers and I have heard some people say they use it for bread....It's very simple to make too....Here's the link.

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
  • croftie4
    Options
    Thanks

It's just hard, this is my first proper week knowing I have to be gluten and wheat free and I was ok and positive about weight loss and new lifestyle but today been a bit of a struggle and bit depressing
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Try this, it satisfies my bread needs. I did buy the muffin top pan, but you can probably put it in a small bread pan and slice it up too. I have modified it to 4 TB. butter and I cut back the almond flour by 2 TB and add flaxseed meal, because I like the texture better. I like to toast this or simply warm up in the microwave.

http://cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/bread

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I really want to!! I also love there is a section about understanding low carb baking. deitdoctor.com has been a huge inspiration for my low carb eating.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple of times but to me it wasn't worth the effort. Stirring into egg whites has always been very difficult for me. Then after a day, you get this soggy little eggy tasting pad. I was disappointed.

I've tried a bunch of other low carb bread recipes and since I'm not a fan of baking powder bread, I've found them all lacking.

I've just ordered a bunch of fancy ingredients to make a yeast type bread. But of course it includes adding in gluten to allow the yeast to get a rise out of it. Luckily glutin is not the problem for me. I'm going to get my low carb yeast bread one way or another.
  • RodrigoBuntan
    RodrigoBuntan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in as a +1 for a recommendation of Fat Head Pizza and Fat Head Crackers. I like mine with Garlic and Rosemary in the... dough(??).

I had a hell of a time trying to cut the rolled dough into crackers though; next time I'm going to try letting it cool/solidify a bit before cutting.
  • swezeytba
    Options
    Count me in as a +1 for a recommendation of Fat Head Pizza and Fat Head Crackers. I like mine with Garlic and Rosemary in the... dough(??).

I had a hell of a time trying to cut the rolled dough into crackers though; next time I'm going to try letting it cool/solidify a bit before cutting.

I saw somewhere showing to score the dough, bake and then break it into crackers...may have to try the next time because I had the same trouble as you!
  • croftie4
    Options
    Thanks all really appreciate the suggestions. There's going to be a lot of experimenting baking going on in my kitchen this weekend.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like Low Carb Soul Bread. Makes a nice loaf with a decent texture. The secret is the protein powder--use one of the recipe's recommended brands. I tried it the first time with what I had on hand; edible, but way too much protein taste. You don't have to go through all the rigmarole with sifting the protein powder through a flour sifter. Just make sure it isn't lumpy, and is evenly distributed over the wet ingredients.

There's also a deep-dish pizza crust variant. I prefer to make two thinner crusts instead of one thick one.
  • reeree0406
    reeree0406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite, great for sandwich and can be toasted.
    http://www.stephsbitebybite.com/2012/11/28/90-second-english-muffin/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine raves about something called 90 second bread.
    I've not had it but I know she made a grilled cheese with it and said it was great.
    Try a Pinterest or google search for that.
  • croftie4
    Options
    A friend of mine raves about something called 90 second bread.
    I've not had it but I know she made a grilled cheese with it and said it was great.
    Try a Pinterest or google search for that.

OMG just had a look - WOW 90 seconds if it tastes good that would be a great find
  • croftie4
    Options
    reeree0406 wrote: »
    My favorite, great for sandwich and can be toasted.
    http://www.stephsbitebybite.com/2012/11/28/90-second-english-muffin/

Again if it tastes good it will come in very handy and just thinking about my kids always demanding food because they are starving despite just emptying the fridge 10 minutes before, how pleased they'd be if amazing mum served up this a few minutes later
  • croftie4
    Options
    I like Low Carb Soul Bread. Makes a nice loaf with a decent texture. The secret is the protein powder--use one of the recipe's recommended brands. I tried it the first time with what I had on hand; edible, but way too much protein taste. You don't have to go through all the rigmarole with sifting the protein powder through a flour sifter. Just make sure it isn't lumpy, and is evenly distributed over the wet ingredients.

There's also a deep-dish pizza crust variant. I prefer to make two thinner crusts instead of one thick one.

Fantastic - I hadn't thought about how I'd miz pizza. I love it but not obsessed with it but now I can't have it as i currently know it but you can bet I'll crave it

From the reviews I reckon I could make all the pizza bases with this and hubby and the kids would enjoy
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    It's good as something to contain a filling of some description (burgers, sandwich filling etc) but as a bread replacement goes, not so much. I put too much vanilla essence in one batch and it made quite a good cake replacement with cream cheese filling. I keep meaning to try it out with coca powder and see what happens.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've hated every bread recipe I have tried on keto. Yuck!