March Challenge Ideas

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
I've had one suggestion:
I have an idea for our next challenge--"MarchMadness". We each set a goal so ambitious as to be almost (but not quite) unachievable (but still healthy). Then we gauge our levels of crazy by how close we can actually come. At the end of the month we can vote for a "winner"---the person crazy enough to come the closest to goal---and crown that person April's Fool.

Or...I did a Mindful Eating challenge last year.
Or....any other ideas?
Thoughts?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    It's a cute idea though I'm not one to engage in "crazy" or "extreme". I'll still most likely participate with my usual boring implementation of some sort of exercise. Moderate March for me. 1300 plus days in, my goal everyday is to just keep going. Not too exciting but effective for my purposes.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What did your Mindful Eating challenge look like?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    What did your Mindful Eating challenge look like?

Here's the link to last year's:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344772/march-mindfulness-challenge-week-1-3-1-3-7/p1
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    How about a "spring shape up"? We can set whatever goal we thing will shape our life and set the tone for spring???
  • ceceblackstock327
    ceceblackstock327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been planning since December to go ZC for the first 20 days in March... I'm calling Meaty March!
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been planning since December to go ZC for the first 20 days in March... I'm calling Meaty March!

I just found out about zero carb and plan to try it in March, as well. I realized I only eat about 1-2 servings of vegetables anyway, so it may not be much of a change.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options

I just found out about zero carb and plan to try it in March, as well. I realized I only eat about 1-2 servings of vegetables anyway, so it may not be much of a change.

It is a major change, even those 1-2 servings. Just like going from 20 grams of carbs is as big of a change as going from the standard diet to keto levels of carbs. It seems like almost nothing. But, it can be huge.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy enough, I'd prefer mindfulness.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    welll....we could do the Spring Shape Up, which can span through March and April, and can Shape Up our health. Challengers can choose between mind (mindfulness/strategies/diet composition (hitting cals, carbs, or doing keto of ZC)) or our body (losing weight, hitting a physical fitness goal, and diet composition). Or choose a bit of both.
    Hmmm?

That sounds great!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    MarchMadness sounds amazing. Or Spring ShapeUp. So does everything else, I love a good challenge! Let me know if this gets going? =)
  • mduttlinger
    mduttlinger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My new goal is 6 days a week in the gym and some sort of "recreational" outdoor activity on 1 or 2 days. Maybe... Move More March?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I'm good with anything I can do a daily check in with...I do best on those months. Like seriously (CA much?), "I gotta keep my carbs in range so I can check in that I did, gotta drink my water so I can check in that I did" I like validation. :lol:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm in.... Again lol. :D
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a spring shape up. These midi goals help keep me focused on the path to my major goals.

Thanks
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    One step further March?
    Either get better at visiting the gym or reducing the carbs - one step closer to where we want to be and want to get to.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I need more challenges cause I can't do things just because they're the right thing to do. :sunglasses:

I like Spring Shape up and March Madness. I'm down for both or either!
  • geekgirl127
    geekgirl127 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to join whatever we decide to do... I need accountability.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! Any and all of the ideas are great. I definitely need to move more after being stuck in the freezer for the last couple months!