TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm in 3 challenges and I enjoy each one of them immensely.
    1. 60minute per month Plank Challenge. This was one of my very first challenges and also the only one I have stuck with since joining MFP. It has helped me a bunch with my core strength. It was started by @b3achy (currently AR Team 5). This challenge is why I do the planks in my morning abs work.
    2. Monthly Fitness Challenges. This has been a unique challenge as some of the things (such as my daily sun salutations) have become a part of my daily regime. It was started by @MiamiSeoul (also on AR Team 5). She has come up with a variety of interesting challenges which I have either followed or modified. This challenge is why I do all of my morning abs work.
    3. AR. This challenge has been a good time. I enjoy the physicality of it. It also reminds me of all of the travel that I have done. It has been a blast reading about each of the different places.

Most of the other challenges out there seem to be weight loss related. I reached my target weight just before the new year. It took me 6 months to lose the 46lbs, revert back to the fitness lifestyle I enjoyed in the military, and adjust a diet that helps me stay healthy-ish. Since then I have maintained it +/- 2lbs.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

This is currently the only challenge I'm in--but I think it's my 3rd or 4th AR challenge overall. I joined the first one in the summer when I have a lot more time to contribute minutes (I'm a teacher). I'm far less helpful during the school year, but now you guys are stuck with me. LOL

Last year I participated in the Under Armour You vs Year challenge which was to log 1000 K running for 2016. I think I managed just over 300 K--again the majority of those K were logged over the summer.

I signed up for it again in January hoping to beat last year, but then I injured my knee and ankle mid-January, so I've only run a couple of times this year. The knee is almost back to normal, but there's still something "off" about my ankle--it gets really tight and then pops when I try to stretch it. Hoping with more time it loosens up.

So excited to see we've already made it to Venice!! I finished the 25-minute cardio video today and will complete the water challenge today as well. I still need to do the chair workout this weekend, but I will get it done.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sorry for being MFI (due to family and work commitments) this is due to the fact since August 2016 I've been doing early shifts due to my son's accident now I'm back to my regular shifts which includes nights, it's been a struggle trying to balance family life with 4 children (youngest being 3) and a husband also work. So apologies in advance.

I've been able to complete all 3 challenges, I'm not doing as much exercise and walks but hopefully this would all come together soon.

This is the only challenge I'm doing currently which keeps me accountable also loving the support and teamwork. I've also signed up for my first 5k run with my daughter and hopefully would start training for this in the next 2 weeks.

Great job in reaching to Venice!! Hope you all have a fab Sunday x
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey team still here.. been working on the weekly challenges but my phone update wiped spreadsheet off of it this week n no compuyer time at wnd of week. i have been traveling 7+ hours today for a soccer game so will update my numbers on computer tomorrow.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I have slowed down a bit here, having physical issues. problems with my right hand (dr thought was broken wrist- x ray turns out fine= heading for ultrasound sometime to see....) trying to keep up just the same, so just completed chair exercise (did right side strength without weights.) kinda taking it day by day to see what I can do (was initially stumped as my main program was lifting...), brought my daughter to a Ju jitsu workshop yesterday... am thinking might start some videos on that. was interesting.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in...Yay, we made it to Venice and then some! Sorry I have been low in minutes the past few days. Been busy! Will hopefully get some in tonight, as I am out all day again today. I did complete all the challenges! Have a great day, Team 3!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I put in over 24 hours just in cardio this week!
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We're beating the bottom team by just FIVE POINTS!! And 15 away from matching the 4th place team. Just two more videos and we can move on up that board!
    @cocoajax16 @bloveless @EternalTruth @slgibbs1987 @summ72 @TangledThread @DawnBe1 @PompPanda @Loribh0126
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post much this week...the homework load is reeeally stacking up, ha. The good new is I did manage to squeeze in time for the challenges and up my daily workout minutes (instead of doing nada during the week then doing everything during the weekend). The water challenge surprised me! The first few days were hard, but I found that I was naturally drinking the required water without even thinking. I guess my body figured out that it likes hydration, haha.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1m7lfntqn4ku.jpg
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Way to go gang!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP
    AND RUNNING!
    HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!
    :)
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Great job Team! We have moved up a place in the overall Standings! Let's consolidate our position.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    This week is so cool!
    Back in 2008 I got to meet Jeff King (author of Cold hands, Warm heart: Alaskan Adventures of an Iditarod Champion). He was the motivational speaker at a hockey function I was attending. Our team followed him, via the internet, during his next race. The kids absolutely loved keeping track of him and learning about the dogs!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    For Challenge 3, I will give up pizza. I had some today, so will have to start tmrw.

Already did the total body workout today. It was fun with the beginner version bcos I could concentrate more on form and range of motion. Will try the other one too later this week.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So read the challenge this am. And though coffee or chocolate. Decided I really can't do with out the coffee(did that first pregnancy and have pretty much determined never again ), would be chocolate by default (really they go hand in hand but if I must choose...)

Set out to work, first snack of the day? Chocolate covered raisins, checking out the thread tonight and thought. Stupid stupid stupid. One day down and challenge got me already!!!

Must abstained from CHOCOLATE. Sigh
    Onwards and upwards. That was my grace période. Next days not chocolate.
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Finished Challenge #1: I chose THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE. Running is what I do, so this challenge was right up my alley. I ran 3.3 miles today.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    27 Feb
    Morning:
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff
    Stretch
    10min Foam Rolling - Upper back, shoulders, chest
    11min Calisthenics
    -1x 30 sit-ups
    -1x 30 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 30 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 30 Crunch
    -4x :30 Elbow Plank
    -1x 30 Supermans
    -1x 30/side Windmills
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    20min Treadmill Walk @ 20:00pace watching Iditarod and Alaska videos

At work:
    48min Walk @ 20:00pace 275cals

Evening:
    51min Treadmill 600cals
    3min @ 17:08pace
    5min @ 10:00pace
    37min @ 7:30pace
    3min @ 10:00pace
    3min @ 20:00pace
    Weights (Chest/Tri):
    20 min Rotator Cuff Passive & Active Stretch
    10min Foam Rolling - Upper back, shoulders, chest
    96min weights Chest 766cals
    SS
    10s/10r DB Floor Presses
    10s/10r Close-grip Push-ups (on knees)
    SS
    10s/10r DB Incline Press
    10s/10r Straight-bar Press-down
    SS
    8s/10r DB Decline Press
    8s/10r Overhead Rope Extension
    SS
    5s/10r Pec Deck
    5s/10r Reverse-grip Press-down
    10min stretch and cool down
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    We're in need of back-up players for the Wait-List. If you know of anyone who might be interested in trying out the race over the last few weeks, please refer them to the sign-up sheet, which is found on the Main Group page under "Announcements".

Thank you! :)