TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge #1

I chose the 5k frostbite foot race. I spread it over 3 days it helped to keep me active on my days off which I enjoyed and have missed doing for 2 weeks so hopefully would continue this going forward. This helps me to release stress.

Challenge #2 completed

Happy Friday all, hope you have a fab weekend ahead x
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am very hyper today so I am sure I will accomplish lots of activity today and Sunday I am going for a nice long hike with a friend of mine (to a place called Crawford Lake for those of you who might live in Ontario). We like to try out different trails outside of our area.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday!!!

~ Truth
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    [quote="EternalTruth;39002103" I am going for a nice long hike with a friend of mine (to a place called Crawford Lake for those of you who might live in Ontario). We like to try out different trails outside of our area.~ Truth[/quote]

Never been to Crawford Lake, but did do some hiking up at Lake Nipissing near North Bay when my son played for the Sturgeon Falls Lumberjacks. Beautiful country up there. Hope you have a great time! :smile:
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET CHANGE:

VERIFICATION CHALLENGE POINTS WILL NOW APPEAR AS "GREEN", UNTIL REVIEWED.
    "RED" NUMBERS INDICATE THAT YOUR POST HAS BEEN CHECKED, REJECTED, AND NEEDS TO BE REPOSTED.

PLEASE READ THE CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, AND FOLLOW THE EXAMPLES, IF GIVEN.

• Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I failed miserably. ONE day only without chocolate. And then I didn't just have chocolate. I had double chocolate kit kat and chocolate covered raisins. So very sorry. Very very sorry. For myself too. A challenge like so is way easier for me in the summer. Physically more occupied and way less time to eat. Next time I will prevail
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm tearing it up this week with all these workouts (for All challenges)!
    As of last night I was Double the steps of the runner up in a step challenge I'm in. Woohoo!
    I've been going so hard I almost took a day off yesterday... which lead to a 5 mile walk outdoors. Rest day some other time. ;)
    I posted enough of my minutes to reach the maximum.
    Will post about the challenges later today or this weekend!
    Keep trucking along folks!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I left Hershey EGGIES behind.
    We have a stash in our office at work, and those little handfuls here and they can certainly add up in calories. I did it, I did not have one!! I moved the stash further away from my desk and didn't even think about them. Outta sight - outta mind!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    3 March
    20min Foam Rolling & Stretching
    9min Calisthenics
    -4x :30 Elbow planks
    -30 day AB challenge
    -30 day March Madness challenge
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)

During the Day:
    28min Walk (1.7km) 172cals

Evening:
    Nada, worked until 0100
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @enuf200 WTG!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    The Ceremonial Start of the Iditarod has begun in Anchorage!
    Just follow this link:
    http://iditarod.com/

:)
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I'm sorry about not being a contributor to the thread this week. I've been working hard to finish strong on the Harry Potter challenge and that means I've got several minutes to add to the spreadsheet.
    Today was a monumental day. I got to run outside with my friend! We had to follow the return to run program I'm doing but there was enough running to make me feel like things were getting back to normal!
    Challenge #1
    I chose the 5k frostbite footrace. I walked/ran outside today for 3.5 miles with my friend.
    (I would have chosen the Iditarod but I don't think pool miles count. I had 3.5 miles outside, 8 miles in the pool, 3 miles on the treadmill and 3 miles on the stationary bike.)
    Challenge #3
    I left all day snacking behind and limited myself to one treat a day for 5 days. It always amazes me when I do this because I realize how many wasted calories I eat through the day. Knowing I have one snack available makes me feel like I'm in control and can decide when I want to eat it. Often I don't end up eating anything because I make it to the end of the day and haven't seen anything that was worth my one snack for the day.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've finished the 2.5k outdoor walk with my dog gunner. I was hoping to get more outdoor time, but the weather didn't cooperate.

I also have made it 5/7 days with no bread and butter. I was hoping to make all 7 days, but one night the only real option for dinner was soup, so I caved and had bread and butter with my soup.

I haven't done the video yet, but planning to get that done tomorrow.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Challenge # 3 Lighten the Load
    I chose to leave cookies behind.
    These are my goto when I am in need of a sweet fix. It was actually rough a few of the days, but for the most part it wasn't too bad.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Challenge #1-2
    1. Today I did the 5k Frostbite Footrace.
    2. I chose this one because I wanted to knock out all three distances this week. About 2k into my run I received a phone call. I proceeded to walk/run the rest of the way.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    1. I chose the 10.49mile Iditarod race.
    2. I worked on it all week by walking and running. It was done on the treadmill.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What a week. Work is just killing me and my exercise has suffered however my eating is still on track.

Challenge #1 THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE
    We've covered 11.26 K this week 5K of that on Tuesday
    My dog Galen and I walk outside as much as we can. He needs to burn the energy and I find the time outside lifts my mood. Also for the team.

For the challenge I had planned that we would go for a 10 mile hike around the lake today. However, after a tire blowout last night I'll be spending the day at a tire store getting them replaced. I hope it will be quick and painless and we can still hike after but I had better claim it as done.

Challenge #2
    not yet done. Could do that instead of the hike .... hmmmm

Challenge #3
    I left behind desserts, snacks, and seconds at meals.
    This put me back into a deficit and I lost 3.2 lbs

Week two after my family left. The first week I ate normally and while my weight dropped I could see that I had a 1.8 lb real gain. That, along with the little extra I had picked up at Thanksgiving, I was over my maintenance range so back into a deficit for me, The first week water whoosh is fun.

I'm now in my maintenance range with 1lb still to lose to reach my best weight. I'm going to overshoot by a pound or three since when I go back into maintenance I bounce up before holding, as one does.
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge#1
    I completed the 5k frostbite foot race. I told my husband that I was going out for a 2.5 walk, but came back to the house after I had completed it and told him I thought I could go ahead and go for the 5k :) I enjoyed walking outside again since it's finally starting to warm up, but boy was it WINDY! It was a challenge going against the wind, but when the wind was at my back I traveled a little faster ;)

Challenge#3
    I gave up chocolate and that was difficult to do. We had a going away party on Friday for our city attorney and they served chocolate cake (my favorite) and I politely declined. Hopefully next week's challenge won't be so tough, ha, ha!!!
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 Lighten the Load
    I went latte (less) for the entire week.
    I'm $20.00 richer and left out loads of sugar consumption. I think I'll start to limit myself to just 1 latte a week. We'll see how that works.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey team - another busy week here. Hoping everything SLOWS down next week!

First - I have been doing some workout but then my little guy was sick again at end of week and so most of Friday and Saturday were out for me. Mega meds and rest and ginger ale and he is now a normal sniffling sneezing achy kid again (which is an improvement! )

Second - I officially have a committed College Soccer Player in the house! So excited for him and proud of him. He really had some great options and took a lot of time to really evaluate not just the program (you know the fun part) but he actually took time talking to professors and looking at the programs to make a choice that gave him a good options for his major with professors he likes already and a great soccer program where he really likes the coaches/facilities and already knows and has played with or against some other incoming teammates.

Whew - busy up and down emotional week for mom! :)
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1 -
    I chose to do the 2.5K Frostbite Footrace Challenge and walked 2.04 miles in 50 minutes. Not the best time but walking through the woods/hills over and under trees and moving branches from the trail took up some of that time!

The reason I chose the 2.5K instead of the 5K was because I needed to walk the property after the windstorm here. If I do a long walk, I try to do the dirt road as it is a smoother/easier walk/run trail. The property walk is more hills/gully/sticks/trees/ and other obstacles!