Options

Replies

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Challenge #1
    1. I chose the 2.5k Frostbite Footrace.
    2. I walked this for two reasons. First I had time while I was at work due to the day being a very slow one. Secondly, my intentions were only to move so I stayed awake. It just so happened that I walked just over the required distance.

• alipsie19
    Options
    28 Feb
    Morning:
    Nada, went to bed at 0200 and had to be up at 0530!

At work: Nice leisurely strolls in an effort to stay awake
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    JUST A REMINDER: WEIGHT TRACKER LEADER SHEET WILL UPDATE TOMORROW EVENING!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've been incognito from the thread for a little while, but I've been keeping up with my workouts for this week and plugging away on the challenges.
    Finished #2 - last night. Did the Fitness Blender 40 min beginner video. #3 is perfect for me this week - as we have a stash of Hershey Eggies in our office and they've been way to easy to eat! So that is what I'm giving up, and it really hasn't been that bad! I am surviving! LOL!

My daughter's team is out and her ringette season is now over. Even the team she coaches is out. :'( Son's hockey team is still in though. :)

Have a good day team!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @enuf200 Sorry to hear about your daughter's teams, but happy for your son's. :smile:
    Way to hang in there with the Herseys. I've given up cookies and ice cream. :smiley:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi team!
    I was struggling with what to give up, so I went into my food diary and looked at my most frequent foods for dinner. I scanned down the list (past the healthy stuff) and found french bread and butter. I actually never buy bread, but my husband buys it all the time, and I always say I won't have any but then cave and indulge. So this week, I won't eat any french bread and butter. Since he doesn't bring it home every day, my goal is to go all 7 days without any.

Put some mileage in for challenge #1, but due to severe weather yesterday I wasn't able to finish all of the outdoor distance. My goal is the 10+ mile Iditarod, but I'd like to get 5k of that outdoors. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate--yesterday afternoon there were tornadoes touching down all over the southwest suburbs. Luckily, I live north of that area, but it was scary.
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

@Loribh0126 Nice work! That's a ton to do in one day

@Cheriels82 Oh man, I could never even think of giving up coffee. I'm a tired person by default and I need several coffee sessions a day to get me through, ha.

Just to let everyone know, I may not be able to rack up as many miles as usual this week. "That time of the month" started on Monday, which for me means incredibly painful cramps for the first few days because yay IUDs. I've still been walking every day, but I've had to lay off my usual weight lifting, cardio, and rock climbing. By the end of the week I'll definitely be able to get those challenges done, but...just thought I should let you know in case anyone else wants to go ham!

For my food challenge, I decided to give up beer. That counts, right? It might seem like a silly thing to give up, but I usually have a drink of some sort most evenings. My boyfriend and I like to have a beer with dinner, and our friends go out every weekend to hang at bars, so...yeah those calories add up, haha.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NUMBERS GETTING VERIFIED (BUT YOU SEE OTHERS THAT ARE), YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLES, AS SHOWN IN THE CHALLENGE LISTING.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST THE EXAMPLES ON THE TEAM SITES***
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have had a successful week and am feeling motivated again. I have been getting so many compliments from my coworkers and family that I can't help but feel good.

I haven't posted in a few days because I was busy as soon as I got up until bed time. One of the cool things I got to do was visit the WestJet plane hangar and use a full flight simulator as part of a day trip with my Air Cadets to Pearson Airport. Lots and lots of walking that day. I got my son's second YouTube video posted. I worked at another office so I am getting a great mileage check.I took my daughter out for Sushi (I eat other stuff as I am not a fan of sushi) and to buy clothes. She lives with her boyfriend so it was nice to get to spend some time alone with her and we went for a nice long walk. And wow, where does the time go...lol. It's March already!!!!

Well I hope you all have a wicked Wednesday!

~ Truth
  • Loribh0126
    Loribh0126 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    1. I chose the 2.5k Frostbite Footrace.
    2. I walked with my daughter and dog. My daughter asked me to walk with her to see where her favorite coffee shop was opening a new location, which is great but will not be great for my wallet. We also walked a 5k! Love the warm weather for the last day of February.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    I have to admit the video kinda did me in. Short night in the gym :(

1 March
    Morning:
    44min Walk @ 20:00pace (watched an episode of Smallville)
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff
    Stretch
    40min Foam Rolling & Stretching

At work:
    40min Walk (3.51km) 274cals

After work:
    40min Fat-blasting Total Body Strength Training video with 10lb DB 392cals
    6min Calisthenics
    -4x :30 Elbow planks
    -30 day AB challenge
    -30 day March Madness challenge

Evening:
    10min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff
    Stretch
    5min Foam Rolling & Stretching
    22min Circuit Training 226cals
    -1x Rope climb
    -1x :30 Jump Rope
    -1x Sandbag Hoist
    -1x Ladder Drill of Choice down and back
    -1x Sled Pull 20yds & drag return
    -5x 36" Box Jumps
    -1x Weight Carry 60yds (2 55lb Kb)
    -1x :30 C2 Rower (^900)
    -1x Double Sandbag Carry 60yds
    -8x Tire Flip
    -1x TRX Monkey bar
    -10x Hex Bar Squats w/90lbs
    -1x Bear Crawl 20yds
    15min cool down (Foam roll & stretch)
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed some active minutes with the cub scouts this afternoon. I work with the 8 year old boys on physical fitness. They have so much energy and are so funny when they jump rope!
    Good news is that I could do jumping Jack's with them! My knee is feeling awesome and I've been able to start back into the "return to run" program. I'm so excited! Summer races, here I come!
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I chose the 5K Frostbite Footrace.
    I walked 5K with my daughter and a friend.
    Had some lovely views.

CHALLENGE #2
    Ugg, I am so out of shape and those videos always kill me. Totally worth it, but I am slayed.

CHALLENGE #3
    I am leaving behind the sweetener in my tea.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    shauna30 wrote: »
    I enjoyed some active minutes with the cub scouts this afternoon. I work with the 8 year old boys on physical fitness. They have so much energy and are so funny when they jump rope!
    Good news is that I could do jumping Jack's with them! My knee is feeling awesome and I've been able to start back into the "return to run" program. I'm so excited! Summer races, here I come!

Glad you had fun with the kids and glad to hear the road to recovery is going well. :)
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I chose the 5K Frostbite Foot race.
    I walked/ran about 4 miles in the local park today. We have been having miserable weather this week and I chose today bcos it was not raining and the sun was out. But, it was very windy and cold. Nevertheless, I felt refreshed after the walk outdoors.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1

I completed the 5k outside today by walking several days at work during lunch time. Really helps mentally so I am going to try to continue to walk a little everyday just as a stress relief. I know I don't get any extra points but I am working to complete the indoor miles as well by walking on the treadmill. Tonight alone I did 2.5 miles and sang at the top of my lungs the whole time. Love it....feels so good.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    2 March
    Morning:
    20min Foam Rolling & Stretching
    8min Calisthenics
    -4x :30 Elbow planks
    -30 day AB challenge
    -30 day March Madness challenge
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    During the Day:
    42min Walk (3.4km) 288cals

After work: Nada

Evening:
    75min Foam Rolling & Stretching
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Planning on knock out the 5k tomorrow after work and the Iditarod 10.49 either tomorrow night or Saturday.