Replies

• PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Woo, hi everyone!! Excited to kick some booootay
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Team 3! I'm so excited to be you're captain. I've heard great things about all of you and can't wait to get to know you on this fitness adventure around the world.
    I've always wanted to go to London and am happy that I get to be here with you, feeling the excitement of the beginning of the race.
    Can't wait to find out where we are going! Let the race begin!
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm new to this challenge. It looks fun, I can't wait.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE WEEK ONE DESTINATION HAS BEEN POSTED!
    :)
    THE SPREADSHEETS TO RECORD YOUR EXERCISE MINUTES WILL BE POSTED SEPARATELY IN ABOUT AN HOUR.
    HERE'S TO A HAPPY AND HEALTHY RACE!
    HOPE Y'ALL HAVE FUN!
    :)<3:)
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to be going to China! Years ago my husband served an LDS mission in Taiwan so he speaks Mandarin and my two youngest children are in a Chinese immersion program at school so if I ever make it to China, I'll have three interpreters with me. It's really fun when my husband and kids speak Chinese because nobody expects it from our totally Caucasian family.
    My youngest daughter has a Chinese New Year program at school this week. The kids all look forward to their fourth grade year because that's the year they get to participate in the "Fan Dance"
    The Chinese New Year festivities will be surrounding me all week!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am Latha, 39, married and living with my 2 kids, a daughter and a son, in the UK. I live in High Wycombe, a small town in Bucks, about 30 minutes by train from London :) It's a hilly town, with some great views overlooking the Chiltern Hills and there is a river running through the valley. It's mostly a commuter town, with people working in either London or Oxford as we are midway between the two.

I have always had weight issues all my life right from school days. Since I am small- made, even a few pounds look a lot on me. I have lost and found 20 pounds so many times that I have lost count...ha ha. It all changed after I had my son. I tricked myself that I was 'ok' and my weight was not too much bcos I have had two children. Three years later, I had slowly gone up two dress sizes, was completely inactive and low in energy, and at my heaviest. After I saw some photos of myself, I realised I had to do something and discovered MFP.

I educated myself, read up on calories, bought scales to weigh my food and the weight melted off. I have been in maintenance for a while now, it will be 2 years this April.

Things that have worked for me:
    I have never been on diet, just regulated calories through portion control and ate like always.
    I started with a simple exercise regimen I could stick to and slowly added things like running and strength training as my fitness improved.

My favourite is circuit training with tabata style workouts for cardio mixed with strength moves. I find it sustainable and easy to progress by increasing weights, reps etc and is a total body workout. I also enjoy (ed) running, which I do without trying to flare up my plantar fascitis, and yoga.

Looking forward to the race with all of you. Go Team Three!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the returning Team 3 members and to the NEW Team 3 members.

I really enjoy these challenges because it helps to keep me connected to healthy and active ways of life.

I am 44 years old, married and have a 17 year old daughter and a 10 year cat.

I live in Fairfax, VA just about 20 mins from Washington DC.

I am busy working and attending all my daughters sports that I pretty much only walk and of course in the winter we ski as a family. Really looking forward to our trip this winter to Squaw Valley, currently have had 19 feet of snow in the Month of January. :)

Looking forward to the race....Go Team 3.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1. NAME:

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE:

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) AND

4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT)

Hey Team 3!! Hello to our returning teammates and a big welcome to our new players! This is a a great group to be a part of, I think this is my 5th race!

Here's my Challenge 1 info:

1. My name is Lori. I am 48, married with 2 kids (17 & 15), and a puppy!

2. My favourite way to exercise...I have different ones, depending on the season, and my mood! LOL! In the summer I love to play tennis and kayak. In the winter... I like to do videos such as fitness blender workouts, as there are a lot of variety to choose from. I am also currently attempting C25K on my treadmill.

3. I am from a small town just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

4. We get all 4 seasons here, however this winter is crazy! Had about a month of blizzards, ridiculous snowfalls, freezing temps...and now its raining!! We are in the prairies, with lots of farmland surrounding us. Manitoba is diverse in that we have the flatlands of the prairies in the south/west and beautiful lake regions in the north/east.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello Team 3, my name is Tasha I'm a returner but on a previous team been on a few challenges with @shauna30 who is a awesome team captain.

I'm married with 4 children aged 16, 14, 5 and 2.
    My favourite exercises at present would be lots of walking, treadmill when I can 20 min in home exercises. I currently live in London which can be very fast paste, with lots of historical buildings, London is famous for the Royal family, Big Ben and many more.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and working together as a team HAPPY RACING
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    PLEASE STAND BY. I'M ALERTING @MissionEnforcer TO THE PROBLEM WITH THE SPREADSHEETS.
    THANK YOU!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options

The spreadsheets are now working! There two links in the top right hand corner for questions. Please use them to contact @hawkins410 about the challenges, and I can be reached through the "Spreadsheet and Technical Questions Link".
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1. My name is Jen. I am married with two children. This is my first time doing this challenge :)

2. My favorite form of exercise is running, but I also enjoy strength training, playing softball, and golfing with my husband.

3. I currently live in Idaho, but was born and raised in Seattle, WA.

4. We really have it all here. All 4 seasons (which I could live without the snow and winter months, cuts into my golf time!) We have beautiful mountains, valleys, and we are famous for our Snake River Canyon (which is the 2nd largest canyon in the US.) We are also famous for our base jumping. We have the only bridge which stands 486 ft high that legally allows base jumping in all 50 states. We live close enough to kayaking, white water rafting, skiing, hiking, camping, mountains, rivers, lakes, and any other outdoor recreation you can think of.
  • PompPanda
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Liking the introductions! Nice to know a little more about you all.

My name is Sem. I'm a newcomer to this challenge ^-^

I'm a bit younger than some of you--26. I'm currently getting my second bachelors degree in Animation which keeps me VERY busy (plus work part time).

My favorite form of exercise is actually rock climbing! That's sort of why I'm doing this challenge. In a nutshell, I'm incredibly out of shape. I have next to no muscle and carry around just a bit more weight than I want to. But lately I've been getting into rock climbing with my boyfriend (who has rock climbed for years), and we decided to go to Asia next Winter to do some serious climbs. Needles to say, I am not AT ALL good enough for such a trip, hahaha. So this year it is my mission to get stronger, lighter, and better at my climbs.

But I kind of suck at motivation from time to time, unless I'm held accountable. Thus you wonderful people.

I live in SLC, Utah which is great some of the time, but cold and depressing right now. I don't handle cold well so winter months are...not so fun. Right now the Sundance Film Festival is going on so the city, especially Park City up in the mountains, is PACKED. But speaking of our location, I did live in London for a year, so this challenge is bringing back great memories!

Update: I was going to go to campus to do some cardio for half an hour, but now that I see what our second challenge is....you all know what I'm doing now. Yay cheesy workout videos!

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    So So So glad to have this back so I can try to get back on track!!!

1. NAME: Shawnee, Imp mid 40's and a mom to three very active teenagers/young adults. I have a college senior, a high school senior and a middle school senior. Been married for over 20 years and right now we have no furbabies. We lost our last one a bit over a year ago and felt it wasn't right to get another while mom and soccer boys traveled so much. With my big traveler heading to college next fall, my youngest is on a campaign for a new addition to keep the "last and only one left" company since his siblings will be just home for holidays!

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: It varies on my mood and the weather. I like videos (not particularly dance ones but I do them!) Weights are another I like to do. What I did find this summer during the race and my travels was I like to explore outside trails. I had a great time walking hiking trails - and doing some stairs in there too. Exploring new areas was a great way to pass a lot of time easily. I didn't mind doing it alone either.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) AND 4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE I'm from a small town in the southern part of Maryland. We have all seasons and definitely have had our share of each of them. Summers are great with our "Seafood" and beach life and thankfully we get a good snow or two but not a daily occurrence here! If its going to be cold and bitter - I believe it should be snow. Nothing worse than cold bitter rain and mud! We are close enough to enjoy the benefits of DC but still far enough away that we are not in the crazy mix of it. My town has a mix of business people, military people, farmers and blue collar workers and we even have some Amish and Mennonite Communities right here. Not a surprise to end up on our back roads behind a horse and buggy. Its big enough to have things to do but small enough that if you frequent a business, you get to know the workers and they recognize you too.

• PompPanda
    Options
    Way to go Tasha! The second video will make you feel like the most uncoordinated person ever, haha. Your audience will love it
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hello Team 3!! I just got added.

1. NAME: My MFP name is Eternal Truth or Truth for short. I don't use my real name on the internet. I didn't choose that name for any symbolic reason, just that I wrote a story where the main character's name was Veritas Aeterna (Truth Eternal) and decided to use it for my MFP name.

2. FAVOURITE WAY TO EXERCISE: I love hiking and don't get to do enough of it in winter. Our area has strange weather patterns so we have had some nice snow free days recently where I did get out.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) AND 4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE: I am from Ontario, Canada in an area known as the Golden Horseshoe. Geographically it does look like a horseshoe but I don't know where the 'Golden' came from. There are a lot of walking, hiking, and biking trails here as well as parks. There is also a lot of history in my area, particularly from the war of 1812.

I love forward to getting to know you all and racing towards our goals!

Truth
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how weak my arms truly are until I did the exercise vids. Not even holding anything, just holding them in the air for so long was tiring. Mission accomplished however so that makes me happy.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Truth
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    2jq1agxhybfc.png

Hahaha @PompPanda they did. Well done @EternalTruth these challenges can be challenging and fun at the same time to help strengthen your arm you can do light hand/arm stretches each day this really helped me.

Just a little early reporting - looks like team 1 is on top at present and team 5 is our closest competition right now, come on Team 3!!

Remember those ORANGES, MANDARIN, TANGERINES, TANGELOS, KUMQUATS, GRAPEFRUITS & POMELOES.
    Happy Tuesday all X
  • DawnBe1
    DawnBe1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Dawn and a total newbie to this challenge. I've done other challenges in MFP tho and found them a great way to stay motivated.

I live in a large city in southern Ontario that's about an hour north of Buffalo NY. I'm mid 30's and the proud fur mama to two of the cutest tabby cat dudes you've ever seen.

I love running and find signing up for races and running vacations to be super motivating and helpful to keep on track. And it's also been a great way to see the world. I'm currently training for a running adventure in Chile and Patagonia in March. I also love BodyPump and spin classes and try to get to at least one yoga class a week. I'm also a big fan of hitting the trails when the weather and conditions are right.

Feel free to add me as a friend and best of luck!