TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Morning Team,
    For those who are not well this week, hope you all feel better soon!
    For those that are on the mend, woo hoo!

Yes, we have a way to go before getting to the finish line, but I know we can do this!

I've been following @alipsie19's lead and doing some sort of workout in the morning. I do just a mini one, 10-15 min low impact/stretching nothing crazy. It helps start my day, and adds to the minutes!

Challenge 1 completed last night, 3/5 days logging! Plan is to finish 5k/3mile walk outside on the weekend.

@change04- goal for February is keep on doing what I'm doing. Stay consistent with logging, C25K and the strength routine that I am following.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I didn't get in as much exercise as I wanted to yesterday but Wednesdays I work both jobs so I am pretty tired at the end of the day. I didn't get my steps in but I managed to do the videos. I am so uncoordinated….lol.

@change04 - My February goal is at least 60,000 steps per week, lose 9.2 lbs (so that I hit wonderland), read a leadership book (I am reading 7 Habits of Highly Effective People), hug my son for 5 minutes a day, learn 2 chords on the guitar (I have been procrastinating on this goal for months), and moisturize every day.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only have an unlimited supply of 5 healthy foods with you, what would they be?
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! time for school! If anyone would like to get the feel of the island on a school day watch here:\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzSY10gVyI
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just popping in to say you all are AWESOME! This morning we was on 35% and now we are on 52% to our destination. Come on Team 3!! let's kick butt and enjoy sometime at the beach and a little sightseeing would be nice :D
    Remember it's not the coming first that counts but the taking part and completing each challenge.

@EternalTruth I'll answer that question soon need to think about this one expescially seeing that it's only 5 unlimited healthy item's ;)
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey all! Finally have time to be back here and active now that the homework load has lightened for a bit ^-^

I hope everyone who is feeling sick or in recovery mode keeps on making progress toward getting better!

My fav snack is also definitely air popped popcorn, though sometimes when I'm feeling like a treat I'll layer on some olive oil or melted butter. My favorite peaceful moment...hmm...probably when I'm painting without any plans for the day, so I can just go at whatever speed I like. Also, my goals this month are to stay consistent with lifting to increase my muscle mass.

@skinnyjeanzbound You'll have to keep us updated on how you like your fitbit! I've been debating getting that same model, so I'd like to know if you think it's worth it.

Today was going to be a weight lifting day (I usually cycle the days I do weights vs cardio), but I'm feeling fairly bleh due to cramps, so I might just do some light cardio for a bit. We shall see.

@alipsie19 You're killin it with these routines!! My body hurts just looking at it.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @EternalTruth - My 5 healthy foods:
    Salmon or some type of fish
    Spinach
    Almonds (dark chocolate covered preferably)
    Blueberries or some other type of fruit
    Popcorn

Funny thing is that I'm not trapped on an island and this is pretty much all I eat now. :smiley:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @EternalTruth -- My 5 foods:
    asparagus
    roasted red pepper hummus
    boneless skinless chicken breast
    pomegranate
    70% cacao dark chocolate (if that's not healthy enough, then peanut butter)
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Evening all...

I thought I would give a status update for myself....I have journaled for 3 days so far this week and I have walked 2 miles outside.

Feeling pretty good about the week so far...
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound, thank you for pointing out that is a "real" way of running. I already knew I wasn't changing my ways a so it's nice to have the validation. At that point I am dead. D.E.A.D. but a minute of walking and my lungs start working again and I'm good to go.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Morning:
    20min A&P Rotator Cuff Stretch
    10 min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    20 min Calisthenics
    -1x 15 sit-ups
    -4x :30/side Side plank
    -1x 15 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 15 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 15 Crunch
    -1x 1:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 15 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 15 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 15 Sumepmans
    -1x 15/side Side Crunches
    -1x 15 Burpees
    -2x 15 Push-ups
    -3x 10 Chin-ups

During the day:
    52min 3.2mile walk at Bachman Lake Park

Evening:
    20min A&P RC Stretch
    63min Weight Training
    -10s SS 15r DB Overhead Press, 15r Upright Rows, 20/leg high knee raises
    -10s SS 15r 12lb Medicine ball Overhead Toss, 15r Rear Delt Deck, 20 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -5s SS :45 Handstand Hold, 15r DB Lat Raise, 15r DB Front Raise
    41min Treadmill
    -5:00 Incline 8 @ 3.0pace
    -5:00 Incline 9 @ 3.1pace
    -5:00 Incline 10 @ 3.2pace
    -5:00 Incline 11 @ 3.3pace
    -5:00 Incline 12 @ 3.4pace
    -5:00 Incline 13 @ 3.4pace
    -5:00 Incline 14 @ 3.2pace
    -5:00 Incline 15 @ 3.0pace
    -1:00 @ 20:00pace
    10min Cool down Stretch
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    c0qkognvh4me.png

Happy Friday.

@EternalTruth my 5 healthy choices would be
    Fish, broccoli, carrots, chicken and fibre one chocolate brownies which is only 90 calories so I'll count that as a healthy choice.

Awesome job everyone! Hope you all have a fab weekend x
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    So happy it's friday!! Love the pic, @change04!!

@EternalTruth - my healthy choices would be raspberries, steak, peppers (any colour but green), grape tomatoes, and cheese.

Have a great day!

• EternalTruth
    edited February 2017
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY: It's time to expand the mind... what new activity/hobby would you love to learn that doesn't involve rigorous physical activity?

I am inching so close to my milestone of losing 100 lbs, just 0.8 lbs to go!

I realized I haven't been answering my own questions of the day. So new physical activity would be zip lining, peaceful moment is snuggling my son and chatting about his day, and my five foods would be raspberries, carrots, protein bars, cheese strings, and broasted chicken.

My big hike this week is going to be on Sunday which I am looking forward too even though it is going to be quite cold.

I hope you all have a truly amazing day!!!

~ Truth

• alipsie19
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY: It's time to expand the mind... what new activity/hobby would you love to learn that doesn't involve rigorous physical activity?

I am inching so close to my milestone of losing 100 lbs, just 0.8 lbs to go!

~ Truth
    Can it be an old activity we haven't done in a long time?

That's amazing. You're a true inspiration on this journey! :smiley:
  • EternalTruth
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    Can it be an old activity we haven't done in a long time?

That's amazing. You're a true inspiration on this journey! :smiley:

Of course it can be an old activity!!! :)

And thanks for the compliment!!

• alipsie19
    Options
    @EternalTruth
    I'm that case, I would start skydiving again. It is something that I do miss a lot.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Morning:
    -20min A&P Rotator Cuff Stretch
    -10 min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    During the day:
    -97min Walk @ 20:00pace
    After Work:
    20 min Calisthenics
    -1x 15 sit-ups
    -4x :30/side Side plank
    -1x 15 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 15 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 15 Crunch
    -1x 1:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 15 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 15 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 15 Sumepmans
    -1x 15/side Side Crunches
    -1x 15 Burpees
    -2x 15 Push-ups
    -3x 10 Chin-ups

Nothing tonight gang. Just wasn't feeling it. Y'all have a good night and do something fun this weekend!