TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any minutes in yesterday, and today will be tricky, as will tomorrow. I am travelling, so I try and get some short walks in when I can. Sorry guys - just one of those weeks. Welcome back, @Dictorbutt!
    ooh, I haven't answered the questions of the day yet either...exercise I'd like to try - surfing. But definitely need to get stronger so I can get myself up on the board!
    Holiday adventure - I know this, as I have many! Hiking in Ireland, cycling through Tuscany, hiking in Canadian Rockies, Kayaking in Pacific Ocean off coast of B.C...there are so many!

@skinnyjeanzbound - ooh, sounds painful. Here's to a quick recovery!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to trying new activities such as rock climbing as I get into shape and lose weight.

What is an activity you have never done before but would love to try?

Question of the day: What is your dream vacation that involves physical activity?

How fun! Hope you don't mind if I catch up.

Water skiing

Currently- Machu Picchu
    For forever- Great Wall of China

• RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm here!
    So sorry I'm bringing up the rear this week, I had a family bereavement on Tuesday, and a family friend's mother (turns out both funerals are at the exact same time next Friday at two different venues) so it's been a bit of a strange few days.

Google Docs are blocked on my work computer so I will try and get in on my phone and start logging stats.
    The show is one of my obsessions - my parents and I are currently watching season 5 (remember Charla and Mirna? LOL.) - so this race always makes me happy. I will be participating more fully as the weeks go on :)

Thanks for the reminders @MissionEnforcer, @shauna30, @change04, it's good to know there's people looking out for others <3
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @RunRaineyRun Sorry to hear about your families lost also of your families friends mother, my deepest condolences X

Just checked the spreadsheet and we are now 85% to our destination, awesome job everyone :D .
    Only 700 points per person can be contributed towards the team points plus there is a individual points system. We can do this!! It would be nice to do some sightseeing in Harbin China before we set off for our next destination.

011cw4iroj0w.png
  • change04
    edited January 2017
    Options
    lhsszahkr7qt.png

@TangledThread love to hear these inspirational achievements, Congratulations on your great transformation and wishing you continuous success.

A quick update we are now 92% on target, it's not the coming first that counts but the taking part and completing each task. We have today and Sunday to achieve this which I know we can :) . There are a few of our team members that due to personal circumstances can't do as much minutes this week as a team all those that are able to do a extra 10 or 20 minutes on top of their usual workouts please do.
    All team members are currently present I heard back from @BobbGrandsard and hopefully would join us soon.

Hope you all have a Fab Saturday X
    P.S @shauna30 hope that the surgery went well

gzvnv6bxteu9.png

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Great job team! We are almost there! Let's get it done tonight and then we will have the whole of Sunday to look around :)
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    We made it! We have a full day to explore tomorrow before we head back out!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to China! Since I have time on my hands (sitting around recovering from surgery) I looked through our intros and have some fun facts to share about our team:
    1. We have 26 children, 24 grandchildren, 5 dogs and 7 cats (sorry @Dictorbutt, cats won, but you helped significantly with that number. I'm still trying to figure out why you have so many cats when you don't like them :)
    2. We have a few groups concentrated together Five of us are from Canada, Three of us live in Utah with close neighbors in Idaho and Vegas, two in the UK and several close to DC (one of my favorite places in the world! ) It's fun to read about all of the places people live, what a wonderful world we live in!
    3. The most liked form of exercise for our group is running with walking, videos and strength training also well liked. We also have adventurous rock climbers, kayakers, golfers and vacation runners.
    4. We've got three teammates recovering from injuries/ surgery. My knee, @samra338 surgery and @skinnyjeanzbound injuries from her fall in the night. I've been counting my leg exercises as active minutes today. I think I'll be modifying things a bit ;) but surgery went well and I'm feeling great!

Let's go team! We've got a few empty spots on the spreadsheet, let's get them filled in!
  • change04
    edited January 2017
    Options
    wlirzsgnjpgr.png

Team 3 we have finally reached our destination awesome job!
    Now for a short time to explore before we move to our next destination.

375celfiawzi.png

umrzyp68ylc1.png

he9ptqv00nb8.png

124uyk33s4oh.png

Have a fab Sunday!

• enuf2
    Options
    Hey team! We made it! Awesome! I will get some exercise in today, have to finish up week 2 of C25K. It was a very busy week for me, we had 6 ringette games, a birthday out of town, and a retirement at work (special meals and events with that).
    I am sure looking forward to this upcoming week as my kids have exams. That means very little activities and I don't have to make lunches!! LOL! (Yes, I still make my high school kids lunches...don't judge. Ha Ha!) Also, lots of time to exercise!
    @shauna30 - love the summary of our team!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @change04, the pictures are beautiful! We made It just in time for the beginning of the Lunar New Year.
    @enuf200, what is a ringette game? I'm also curious about exam week. It sounds like what would be the end of term here but I never look forward to the end of term because it's so crazy with kids trying to finish projects and scrambling to get their grades up as high as possible. Maybe we need to move to Canada :)
  • DawnBe1
    DawnBe1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My dudes were quite interested in my morning exercises today. After circling me for a few minutes they settled in to supervise all the activity and cheer me on. J.J. especially liked watching the videos. LOL! 560rtw4zocky.png
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1. NAME: Lorraine (but also answer to Rainey)

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Sleep. I'm very much a believer in recovery :p I jest. I love the lat pull machine at the gym but right now I do mostly strength machines and bodyweight exercises along with walking/crosstrainer. I'm trying to strengthen my core which is woefully lacking and one of the reasons I put my back out every now and again.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE): I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland. A lot of people think it's Glasgow because they're louder and would like it to be so but it's not, lol. From my home I can see two main parts of the landscape:

Arthurs Seat
    600px-Arthur's_Seat,_Edinburgh.JPG
    A (thankfully!) extinct volcano - did you know that? I think it's the coolest volcano (not just because it's not erupting, lol) because it looks like a crouching tiger!

I can also see Craigmillar Castle
    4d1733ff2585167e5a7b4fb9259090be70b1ce6b.jpg
    Which you may recognise from season 22 of The Amazing Race
    Promo22-10-7OR_zps0fc84001.jpg

I still can't believe the teams were so close to me, both the castle and where they did their detours are less than a mile away! I'm mostly sad I didn't get to meet Phil Keoghan - I crush hard, my friends. :D:(
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WE MADE IT!!! GO TEAM!!

Hehe, love the stat update @shauna30. Hope recovery goes smoothly!!

I didn't exercise as much as I had wanted yesterday because homework took over, but I still got a good amount of time in. Today will probably be about the same. Ugh, curse group projects. They take so much time!

@RunRaineyRun I love Edinburgh!! My brother and I took a train up there when he was visiting me in London (when I lived there for a brief moment). The train ride was beautiful--there's no countryside like it. And the city was great too. We took several tours of the underground city because it was so interesting, haha.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    @shauna30

Loved your summary of the team. I am looking forward to a new week and my goal is to increase my exercise and log my food each day.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Gotta be honest, I've had spreadsheets on my phone for a cpl weeks now and I Am NOT impressed. I can't believe all the problems it has. I can't even get the team to open up now. There's been less than a handful of times that it didn't close back out immediately upon opening. Buggard as all hell. End rant.

That being said.
    Could someone please add these stats for me? (Assuming the problem is just me?)

Add 27 min to Friday (previously deducted for a different challenge, min count here tho)

Sat- 257

I've only been up an hour today. Barely hit 30 min yet. But I'm headed out and don't want to miss the cut off.

I'll try to check back.

Thank you.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @V-- I just saw your post, but it looks like the spreadsheet is already closed. :(

@shauna-- thanks for the summary!

@rainey-- I love Edinburgh! When my sister was living in England (a year in Manchester for uni, and then in London on a work visa), I got the chance to visit her twice. We toured all over and Edinburgh was, by far, my favorite. Funny story--I had a hard time understanding folks in Manchester--had to have my sister clarify for me at times. However, when we got into a taxi at the Edinburgh train station, the driver started talking to us, and I chatted with him all the way to our hotel. When we got out of the car, my sister was like, "I have to translate for you in Manchester, but THAT you understood?!?!" LOL

AFM-- sorry I had such awful numbers this week. The good news is that my knee is a lot better, so the gym will be back on the schedule for me.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE WEEK TWO DESTINATION IS UP!
    TIME FOR SOME FUN IN THE SUN!
    THE SPREADSHEETS WILL FOLLOW IN AWHILE!

:)B):)
  • enuf2
    Options
    Morning,
    Looks like we have a little longer to go this week. We can do it!! I'm happy about the logging challenge - 5/7 days is doable - the weekends are my downfall.

@shauna30 - Ringette is an ice sport, kinda like hockey, but not. LOL! It uses a ring instead of a puck and the sticks don't have the blade on it, it's just a straight stick. It is a very fast game, and so much fun to watch. Unfortunately, many girls are choosing to play hockey now instead and it's not nearly as popular as it used it be. It's big here though, and it's been a fantastic sport for my daughter. As for exams, our high schools have semesters, therefore, the kids write exams (finals) for the courses they took first semester.

@RunRaineyRun - Scotland is definitely on my bucket list for a place to visit. Looks beautiful!
    I think Utah is now as well... and now this island we are heading to...Ooh, so many places to see and do! Retirement can't come fast enough! LOL!

Have a great Monday!