TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Morning Folks,
    Done all 3 Challenges. Yay!
    @bloveless - 24 grand children!! Wow! That's wonderful!! Welcome!
    Good to hear from you, @skinnyjeanzbound and @Cheriels82!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    FYI- just noticed you can't put your points in for the oranges until thursday!
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @BJerzy I would say to track those minutes. The challenge calls for intentional exercise minutes. You are using this time to be active and workout. I think it would be similar to a workout video, usually you have a rest between exercise, I wouldn't stop my timer for a rest. Time at the gym is time spent being active.

@EternalTruth We are getting a rock climbing wall gym next month and I am very excited to try it. I've never done it before and I am looking forward to giving a go. Plus, my daughter will LOVE it!!!
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone who posted new introductions!!

@skinnyjeanzbound I visited Chicago once, to visit an ex's family, and I have to say that the city was aaawesome. So I agree, at least slightly, with your bias, ha. I wish I had the time to do even more there.

And everyone saying they are tempted to get into climbing, DO IIIIT. It's addicting. I was petrified of heights when I started--like actually have cried on a ladder--and it was so empowering to slowly conquer that fear (which I'm still working on). And it's a surprising workout. Seriously, you'll always be sore.

@EternalTruth "What is an activity you have never done before but would love to try?" Hmm...good question...I guess snowshoeing? I live in the perfect state for it but somehow never have!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I would love to try mountaineering one day. An expedition sort of holiday would be perfect to try it.

I did the first two videos twice. Planning to do another one this evening, with a short core session. Food challenge 2/3 so far.

I love how these challenges push me. It's been freezing today and I had to go to get my dressing changed. Normally I would have driven but considering how little I have done this week, I decided to walk/ run! A nice bonus of 42 minutes :)
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @BJerzy I'll agree with @Run4theluvofit when I start any exercise if I stop to rest for a second or two it's all enclosed. So if I hit the gym at 8.00 and finish at 10.00 the whole two hours would be enclosed in my minutes because even when i rest I'm still moving and this is outside my normal everyday activities like going to the fridge, basic housework e.c.t. Plus if I'm doing prep for a workout this is also enclosed.

Awesome job @samra338!

Hope everyone is finding the challenge ok, I've now completed all 3 challenges I can now focus on getting these minutes in. Hope you all have a fab evening X
  • stephaniebout
    stephaniebout Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to all this so please bare with me!
    1. NAME: Stephanie

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: walking, workouts at home where no one can see me and horseback riding.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT) I live on the shoreline of our beautiful province. Was born and raised here in a small town of a couple thousand people. I am a country girl through and through!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi,Team! MFP got my account unlocked so I can post in forums again. I'll admit without the ability to chat I didn't have the motivation to exercise so my numbers will be low this week. But I've done the videos and eaten pink navel oranges.

Once on my pc I'll do the official intro for the points.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Morning to you All!

I have completed all three challenges however the spreadsheet won't let me add my 5 points yet for the orange challenge even though it is Thursday today (I am sure the mods will update it today though).

I have been taking my Yorkie for walks daily to get some exercise in and tonight I do my mall walking which takes about an hour and then I am going to the gym to do some weight training for the lower half of my body. I may even try the elliptical although the last time I tried it I could only do 2 minutes.

Question of the day: What is your dream vacation that involves physical activity?
  • change04
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Welcome aboard @stephaniebout any questions feel free to ask.
    @TangledThread Glad that you've got your account sorted.

Quick update we are now halfway to our destination come on Team 3!!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    @change04 fantastic numbers this week! You're killin it!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    @change04 fantastic numbers this week! You're killin it!

I agree! Way to keep us in the race @change04!
    We seem to be the only team with several missing players. I'm contacting them but If you know any of them and could help me reach out, that would be great.
    If anyone has problems with the spreadsheets, I'm happy to enter minutes for people.
    I didn't have oranges on hand on Monday so I started Tuesday and can't eat before my surgery tomorrow. Luckily, I hid the oranges so my kids don't eat them all so I'll have one for after tomorrow's surgery :smile: Great job on finding a deal @BJerzy!
    @PompPanda I can't believe you haven't snowshoed! It makes me like winter.
    @EternalTruth I love the question of the day, keep them coming!
    1. I've always wanted to go cross country skiing. I kind of tried it in High School but would love to go to a resort and do it.
    2. I'd love a hiking, zip line jungle vacation.
  • DawnBe1
    DawnBe1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound Chicago's on my list for running holidays. Would love to do a race there someday. I live on Lake Ontario and find running along its shores so inspiring. Having grown up on Lake Superior I find I just crave being near big water. :)
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @change04 is kiiiillling it. It's inspiring! I think I might try and catch up to you with the remaining days I have...it's hard to workout more than an hour on school/work days, but the weekends are a different story >:)

@shauna30 I hate winter, so maybe that's the secret ingredient I need!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey team.. love the updates. If you raced with me before you know.. some weeks I'm a daily chatter and others are just crazy. This one is a bit crazy but thought i would pop in. first two challenges done (yeah stil a bit sore from those... killed my arms and legs!) and need my fruit tomorrow and i will be done with all three.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @DawnBe1 --I try to do at least one or two lakefront races each year, and they are always my favorites!

@PompPanda --Thanks for loving my city!! :smile: Yes, there's so much to do--even after living here my entire life, there are sights and venues I've not yet visited.

@BJerzy --I agree with the others--your full minutes spent at the gym should count.

AFM--I promised more details about my illness/injury, so here goes. A week ago Saturday (the 14th), I awoke in the middle of the night with a fever and what appeared to be a nasty sinus infection. I headed to the kitchen to get some water, and suddenly got very dizzy and fainted. I managed to grab onto something, so I didn't go down too hard, but my legs kind of twisted in a funny way and I hurt both knees and my left ankle. The ankle and my right knee were only sore for a day or two, but the ankle stayed bruised and swollen for over a week (just finally back to normal yesterday. The left knee is still tender almost 2 weeks later. Basically, I stretched my MCL in a way it shouldn't stretch and it's taken some time to heal. Luckily, it's gotten a bit better everyday, so I don't think I did any permanent damage. Given that running and lifting weights are my 2 favorite exercises, I've been pretty low on minutes. Sorry about that. Today is the first day I've felt the knee could handle the gym, but I decided to abstain for 2 more days for fear that I will interrupt the healing process and set myself back.

Bought some oranges and will get the videos done in the next couple of days.

• Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick check in for me so far this week.
    I'm trying out that walk-while-I-MFP thing again. *hops on treadmill while typing*. Mostly was aiming for when watching the videos and reading the challenge info for the week. Last time I tried to do it while logging too. It took a lot longer that way. Anyworkout, got in 63 min in that day just reading. Woot!

I just gotta say I Love and extremely appreciate all the work @hawkins410 puts in to... my very detailed digital bucket list for travel! :) Thank you so much! I just want to delve in to each one! Love it! I'm currently trying to suitcase jump on to a Machu Picchu vacation some friends are planning this year, thanks to the last race. :)
    Loved the "Ice Vegas". Now I have to find someone brace enough to go with in that weather.
    My Zodiac is a Tiger.
    Who else has plans to ring in the Chines New Year? Along with 1/5 the population?! And I thought Vegas and Manhattan were big.

Challenge 1- Complete (not verified yet)

Challenge 2- Complete! I did all the videos. No matter how strange they appeared to be. I giggled a little. I could keep the tempo of everything, I think that's what made me laugh. I'm going to do a cpl more repeats just for funsies before the weeks end.

Challenge 3- Complete! I've been on an orange kick for almost 2 weeks now. I ran out the day we started but stocked right back up! Adding tangelos, orange bell pepper, and Blood oranges. Yum! Gonna have another of those after this walk.

I added my notes in to the spreadsheet. Forgot it's a total of all categories at first. Oops.
    It was a Really light start the the week. I was in recovery for almost 3 days. No sympathies. It was self induced. Stopped at 5 bars on the way home one night. Returned to get my car almost 4 days later. FUN Times!!!
  • change04
    edited January 2017
    Options
    4acek0b3rhv4.png

@EternalTruth the Great Wall of China would be a great family holiday adventure. Or a mountain climbing holiday.
    @shauna30 praying for a speedy recovery after your surgery.
    @skinnyjeanzbound Wow glad that you are now feeling a bit better the outcome could of been so much worser, in time you'll be back doing what you love running and lifting weights. My Son broke his leg last year and had to undergo surgery, he is still recovering and is unable to do sports at present.
    @Dictorbutt awesome intro, loving your fur babies.

Awesome points logging so far! we are now 70% to our destination come on Team 3. Have a fab day x

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Did the third video - there were so many languages going on at once! - so just one more to go there. I'm 2/4 on oranges and will definitely get that done. Thank goodness we've made it to Friday! I still need to figure out one exercise I'd love to try and a holiday adventure to go to....I'll think about that today and post back!