The keto recipes that changed your journey!

Options
erin3011
erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
I've recently discovered keto coffee and Keto cloud bread. And wow! My life is changed! Without these two, I'm not sure I could be as successful! The coffee is a great tool to help me get my fat in, and the cloud bread helps me with variation!

What are your Wow! Recipes that have changed your Keto experience for the better?

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KETO MOUSSE. I can eat that stuff every day of my life and not get tired of it. Mascarpone cheese, unsweetened cocoa powder, sweetener, and some heavy cream to stir it up. I'll add crunchy peanut butter or coconut butter if I'm feeling extra fancy.

Do you chill this moose before you inhale it?
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Fathead Pizza!

This and also anything sort of pasta made using spaghetti squash noodles. My cajun shrimp alfredo pasta is my favorite.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Nope, it takes 2 seconds to throw together! It's perfect.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower - any time we have that with dinner it feels so cheat-y. Roasted meat, mashed cauliflower and brussels sprouts and I'm a happy girl.

Fathead pizza (with almond flour instead of meal) was a life changer. Unfortunately it's also what we had for dinner right before norovirus hit our house and we just haven't been able to go there since. :(

And Friday, I made mayo!
  • RalfLott
    Options

You are a bad girl, LolaDeeDaisy. I just happen to have 2 containers of Mascarpone, cacao powder, chocolate stevia, and.... ahh! :s no HWC. Now what? (Just tough it out, right?)
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

You are a bad girl, LolaDeeDaisy. I just happen to have 2 containers of Mascarpone, cacao powder, chocolate stevia, and.... ahh! :s no HWC. Now what? (Just tough it out, right?)

It tastes just fine without HWC... because... I just didn't know it was supposed to have some in it when I first made it!
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

It tastes just fine without HWC... because... I just didn't know it was supposed to have some in it when I first made it!

Lol you can leave out the hwc! I add a splash just so it's not as dense. Delicious either way :smile:
  • lorna012345
    lorna012345 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Only just started, so yet to discover my faves. Threads like this are amazing though...everyone else does loads of cooking, and I get to pick the best tested recipes! Bonus! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
    Just made 90 second bread and used for pizzas for breakfast....will defo be having again.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Only just started, so yet to discover my faves. Threads like this are amazing though...everyone else does loads of cooking, and I get to pick the best tested recipes! Bonus! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
    Just made 90 second bread and used for pizzas for breakfast....will defo be having again.

Well, considering the difficulty of finding decent prepared keto food in stores and ordering it in restaurants, cooking is usually the path of least resistance (and expense!).

Even those of us who could only blacken water before :s wind up with handfuls of go-to keto treats in our new repertoire. B)

It's hit or miss, but you can check on Amazon for free Kindle versions of Keto cookbooks.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For me smoked salmon and scrambled eggs has been my breakfast of choice. Made my first Fathead Pizza last week and definitely a fan. :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

Quick rundown -- cook a spaghetti squash, toss the meat into a casserole dish (or crock pot insert), toss in a block of cream cheese and/or a cup or two of sour cream, toss in about 2 cups of whatever not-cream cheeses you have on hand, saute an onion and a few cloves of garlic and toss them in, add some salt and pepper (I <3 white pepper). Mix it all up and toss in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Try not to inhale it all at once. ;)

What is your favorite type of meat to use with this casserole?