Thanks for the add! Need friends :)

Options
Hello! Thank you so much for sending me the link to this group! I'm excited to be here and learn more and more!
I'm trying to be under 20 net. I've been doing this for a week and I haven't lost. I don't know where I'm going wrong unless it's the Splenda and other "lose" ingredients. I would love to get some friend requests! I'd love to share my diary and see others of likemindedness. When you surround yourself with the people you want to be like-there is bound to be success!
Thanks guys!!! :) Love!

Replies

• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi, in the past I've used sweeteners because o can't have sugar but I've never lost weight when using them but that could just be me. That was only in tea and coffee no in any food. But last year just stopped as friends around me said they also had problems dropping weight using sweeteners.

I am weighing in tomorrow at the end of my first week so fingers crossed the scale moves.

I would say when I started I realised that measuring and recording has shown up some errors on my part. Too many nuts when snacking. Finishing kids meals off and generally too much healthy food is still too many calories in
  • ceceblackstock327
    ceceblackstock327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! I've been doing keto (a type of low carb) for two years, and I absolutely love it! I don't have any fancy recipes, but you are welcome to look around at my diary
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Here are a few tips for your first few weeks that I wish I'd had...

1. Weigh and measure everything that comes within 1 foot of your mouth, or you may systematically underestimate what you're consuming.

2.. No snacking and no sweets, if you're aiming to eliminate carb cravings and mindless calories.

3. Don't trust your scale. It's not your friend.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10415166/scale-why-should-i-dump-thee-let-me-count-the-ways

4. Unless you have a salt licks everywhere you spend time, you almost certainly will need to increase your sodium and fluids intake.

5. Learn all about keto right away.

Keto diets are different animals. There's a a wide range of individual differences in how people respond - try to figure out your own strengths and vulnerabilities, and expect that your own responses will change over time.

6. Here's the LCD group's great collection of resources (for beginners and everyone else).

Look for the sticky thread, "START HERE! The LCD Launch Pad"

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to Number 4 on RalfLott's list. It can really throw out your weight loss by making you think you have lost weight when you have only dehydrated yourself. I use bullion cubes at least every other day and keep a glass of water by my side at all times. Even if you feel really good, you could be dehydrated and not know it.

The links provided are very helpful.

Just to let you know, it took me 44 days and gaining 5 pounds before I ever lost any weight.