Weekly Challenge: March 1st-March 7th

Options
Mjtckwnow
Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
To kick off our weekly challenges we are going to go with an easy one that somehow, sometimes, is easy to forget. We are going back to basics with these 3 simple steps:

1) Eat Less: Log your calories, plan your meals, make healthy (or healthy-ish) choices that keep you feeling fuller longer with lower calories, & stay in a deficit
2) Move More: Get those workouts in, take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't take the closest parking space when out and about, find the time to put you first and burn those calories
3) Repeat: This is the part that's tricky, you have to keep doing it! But that's what we are all here for to encourage, motivate, and hold each other accountable.

So post in this thread this week what you are doing to achieve these goals and let's get started!!cno4n07l1nk6.png

Replies

• tbollig3
    tbollig3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am back MFP as of the other day. I am eating KETO because its the only thing that ever seems to help. As far as movement, last night I walked 3 miles and I plan to keep doing that and I want to start getting back into some Crossfit. I think this group is going to really help!!!
  • shiri171
    shiri171 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Started littlw over a week ago. I'm also doing keto like @tbollig3 but only have another week left. The plan is to keep up the good work! Been doing lifting 3x a week but need to start fitting cardio in. Good luck everyone!
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP last Monday and due to GF and WF decided to follow low carb diet as it will help adjust to my new lifestyle. Amazed I've lost 6lbs possibly just water though but still cool!
  • thevalgilbert
    thevalgilbert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive been logging food and exercise with MFP religiously since January as part of my New Year Goals; down 6 lbs in January and 2 lbs in Feb. I have great friends who don't mind going for a run or to yoga rather than happy hour. This week I will walk at least a mile everyday in addition to regular workouts, a perfect goal for a week when I will be traveling to a new city! I cant promise my diet will be extraordinary (Hello... Nashville HOT chicken!?) but I will log and hope that encourages me to mind my calories!
  • krissyskayla1018
    krissyskayla1018 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined yesterday which was my first day here logging my food i belong to the ymca. I don't drive so I walk a lot.
  • krissyskayla1018
    krissyskayla1018 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh and thank you for having me.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get myself back on track because over the past few months I stopped being consistent with eating right and exercising, and the weight is coming back. I've got a goal of 8-10 lbs gone by the end of April, when the bf and I are going to a comicon and I'll be in lots of pics!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit over the weekend so using that to make sure I get up and move more often at work. I also workout in the morning since it never seems to work if I plan it for later in the day. I have a nice home setup so that makes it easy. Eat less isn't really my goal at the moment as I have a low calorie goal anyway. I am trying to eat smarter so that those calories really count and I don't feel the need to over eat.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit over the weekend so using that to make sure I get up and move more often at work. I also workout in the morning since it never seems to work if I plan it for later in the day. I have a nice home setup so that makes it easy. Eat less isn't really my goal at the moment as I have a low calorie goal anyway. I am trying to eat smarter so that those calories really count and I don't feel the need to over eat.

Sounds like a good plan....the "eat less" doesn't mean to eat less than your already low calorie, only means to eat at a deficit. Just wanted to clarify that, I don't want anyone thinking that this group advocates eating at a overly restrictive calorie count. Eating smarter is a great tool!
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    I am trying to get myself back on track because over the past few months I stopped being consistent with eating right and exercising, and the weight is coming back. I've got a goal of 8-10 lbs gone by the end of April, when the bf and I are going to a comicon and I'll be in lots of pics!

I have stopped the consistency too. I just rejoined MFP Feb. 20. Took a brief hiatus to try out another app, but I liked MFP's stuff better so I came back.

I use Daily Burn as my daily exercise. I've only taken one day off since joining (also on the 20th) and that was only because I have consistent Friday night plans. I like the variety of workouts it gives me and the variety of programs it offers.

I've lost a solid one pound since starting both MFP and DB. My goal weight is about 24 lbs away.
  • Simlake
    Simlake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to focus on staying within my calorie range. Reducing carbs and increasing protein intake is key for me. Started my spin and boxing classes again so hopefully this helps this week!
  • laureljenn
    laureljenn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to your group! I'm 5'8 and weigh 192. I'm going to focus on planning my meals in order to stay on track with my calories. I had shoulder surgery February 6th so my exercise is limited. I am determined to not use this as an excuse to skip exercise and to not eat cleanly. We can do this!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to be in this group to get back on track! I too am doing keto as I find when i eat on that plan I feel more satisfied and less hungry. I am also sticking to my calories and working out 6 days per week. The working out is always the easy part for me. It's the food intake that tends to be the problem........I plan to repeat all of this for all 31 days of march. Even on my birthday which is the 29th!
  • kristensangster100
    kristensangster100 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going to focus on trying to up my exercise routine to at least 5 days a week and not splurging when eating on the weekends. Which tends to be my weak point. I hope being in this group will strive each of us to hit our goals!

• katepauul26
    katepauul26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To get 4 workouts in, I wake up at 5 am and go to the gym three times.
    I prep meals on the weekend so I have healthy choices that are also easy.
  • tbollig3
    tbollig3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be part of this group!!!! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have ordered a tracker and will be fascinated to see how much I actually move (outside of working out) when it arrives. I have been a crazy workaholic for the last 20 plus years and this fall, resigned from my position (running a non-profit here in Vegas.) I loved my job, loved our mission, but hit complete burn out, a result of 5 years of 6+ days and 60+ hour weeks and not healthy habits . Took November and December to really enjoy my husband, friends and the holidays. Now, it is time to solidify my new healthier habits before I start working again. So, this week I will:
    • Log ever food/drink item that passes through my lips
    • Workout six times per week, adding in the March Arms workout to my routine

Good luck to all - we've got this!
  • asherella
    asherella Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To get to the gym 5 times a week and start lifting some weights !!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to being in this group and sharing this journey to better health and fitness. CICO is working for me and continue hitting the gym. I'm leaving town today for my daughters wedding this Saturday. I'm sure I'll face some challenges, but I will never, ever give up. Let's kill it Ladies!
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I want eat less, be more active AND drink more water! Hydration is an easy way to burn an extra 100-200 calories per day. I am going to stick to my diet, workouts and keep myself hydrated throughout this week!
This discussion has been closed.